✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Setlist opinions

Love the fact that Chris sang Gravity with a fan, he has also played Green Eyes for a fan om stage. Lovely that they have brought back In My Place and that they have perforemed Don't Panic. I think Chris played a bit of Beni Adam in one show as well, seems like they like to change the set quite a bit from night to night which is really exciting I think.

Now I'm only waiting for them to play some morse songs from X&Y or Viva.

Please Coldplay Talk and Strawberry Swing are singles of yours as well 😅

• Like 5
  • Love 2

42 minutes ago, Famous_Old_Painter said:

Love the fact that Chris sang Gravity with a fan, he has also played Green Eyes for a fan om stage. Lovely that they have brought back In My Place and that they have perforemed Don't Panic. I think Chris played a bit of Beni Adam in one show as well, seems like they like to change the set quite a bit from night to night which is really exciting I think.

Now I'm only waiting for them to play some morse songs from X&Y or Viva.

Please Coldplay Talk and Strawberry Swing are singles of yours as well 😅

Lovers in Japan too.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

15 hours ago, Famous_Old_Painter said:

Now I'm only waiting for them to play some morse songs from X&Y or Viva

I think  one of the issues is that it is a challenge to create a cohesive setlist, because they have recordered albums which are very different from each other in terms of style. For example, transitioning from a song from Parachutes to the ones of AHFOD/MOTS in the same concert clearly requires some sort of pianification. So, more VLV or X&Y songs would definitely imply a reorganization of their setlist, but I agree that it would be great to add them, even if they were performed occasionally or on rotation🙂

• Like 1

If I had to make my perfect setlist, based on what they payed , here is what I would love to have :

Higher Power
Adventure of a Lifetime
Paradise
Charlie Brown

The Scientist
--B stage--
Viva La Vida
Orphans
Hymn For The Weekend
Let Somebody Go
--Main Stage---

Violet Hill
Yellow
Human Heart
People Of The Pride
Clocks
Don't Let It Break Your Heart
Infinity Sign/Something Just Like This/Midnight
My Universe
A Sky Full Of Stars
Coloratura (shortened)

---C Stage---
Guns
God Put A Smile Upon Your Face
Strawberry Swing

-- A Stage---
Biutyful
Fix You
Humankind

Edited by Christo670
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Famous_Old_Painter said:

Ooooh Don't Let It Break Your Heart would fit in so well! 

They could do an acoustic version of LiT Ii, would be awesome 😊 Piano version of Lost?

Square One pleeeease 🤤

Yessssss. These songs, my goodness

Edited by Gideon_Mx

Humankind definitely would be a great opener, and i think it would be a great closer as well, kinda like ETIAW. I think Biutyful would be AMAZING if they put it right after sunrise, since they're similar thematically. Then they could go into Fix You then Humankind as a closer.

One last thing (im just nitpicking) is that they should remove the Midnight Remix. I feel like the audience reaction wasnt that good and alot of people didnt really know what to do during it and it doesnt have much energy. It takes up about three minutes so they could easily fit another proper song into that time.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Divutian said:

im pretty sure they're playing the original fix you now except the organ is on the backing track instead of chris playing it

It's the Midnight-AHFOD Tour version actually, but with added organ backing track. I wish they got rid of the Midnight synth and have Chris back playing the organ sound sound though, having everything come from a backing track just so the frontman can run around is so lazy imho.

I agree about the Midnight remix being a weak point in the setlist. The whole Lightclub segment in general is. The Paradise remix worked so much better as a "danceclub" segment in between.

Which actually brings me to another thought: Midnight is one of the best, if not THE best song on Ghost Stories, and yet this song has never been played properly outside the few GS promo concerts.

In the AHFOD Tour, we had a two minute band break with a part of the instrumental played from tape, with Chris sometimes pretending to mouth the vocals at the end after he changed clothes and was ready for Charlie Brown to start, lol. And then the synth randomly used for the Fix You intro.

In the MOTS Tour, we have a bad remix of it where the vocals come form tape again, Chris weirdly shakes his bum to it and the other three hit some keyboards/pads, with the majority of the sound you hear probably coming from tape too. And once again a useless synth snippet on Fix You, this time even not transitioning all that well from Sunrise as it did from the outro of HFTW.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, I ran away said:

It's the Midnight-AHFOD Tour version actually, but with added organ backing track. I wish they got rid of the Midnight synth and have Chris back playing the organ sound sound though, having everything come from a backing track just so the frontman can run around is so lazy imho.

I agree about the Midnight remix being a weak point in the setlist. The whole Lightclub segment in general is. The Paradise remix worked so much better as a "danceclub" segment in between.

Which actually brings me to another thought: Midnight is one of the best, if not THE best song on Ghost Stories, and yet this song has never been played properly outside the few GS promo concerts.

In the AHFOD Tour, we had a two minute band break with a part of the instrumental played from tape, with Chris sometimes pretending to mouth the vocals at the end after he changed clothes and was ready for Charlie Brown to start, lol. And then the synth randomly used for the Fix You intro.

In the MOTS Tour, we have a bad remix of it where the vocals come form tape again, Chris weirdly shakes his bum to it and the other three hit some keyboards/pads, with the majority of the sound you hear probably coming from tape too. And once again a useless synth snippet on Fix You, this time even not transitioning all that well from Sunrise as it did from the outro of HFTW.

Yeah this is what I meant. I want Chris playing the organ and also singing it with his high pitched voice through the whole song. The Midnight incorporation makes the song sound less powerful IMO, but I understand if they want to keep it fresh after having played it thousands of times.

Edited by Famous_Old_Painter
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Higher Power

The Scientist

In My Place

Charlie Brown 

Speed Of Sound 

Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall 

Shiver

Let Somebody Go

Orphans

Church

Clocks

Viva La Vida 

Human Heart 

People Of The Pride 

Yellow 

Talk

Champion Of The World 

Princess Of China

My Universe

Fix You 

Biutiful

Humankind

i also think Inhaler would have been a good support act for Coldplay 

Just bring back the total of Coloratura. Violet Hill would be a good fit too. Than there is DLIBYH which is PERFECT for their actual set. Princess of China is worth a mention as well (the riff is kick ass live). I'd love to hear Talk coming back but i dont think its fitting, except they're doing the mash up with GPASUYF like during the Viva tour.

Remove Hymn for the Weekend, Human Heart and that Midnight remix.

Edited by Westminster
  • Like 2

I don't exactly remember where did I read about this in the forum, when someone was talking about an 8-8-8 on the tour, its just perfect, it would fit SO good in this tour, they could play the complete album even keeping that nonsense of the Infinity-SJLT-Midnight "medley"(?) and also even keeping that "cringy/terrible puppetly" Biutyful track.
1st Bank:Full Album; 2nd bank:Classic singles; 3rd bank:Rotative songs (for diehard and new fans), it would end up something like this:

Music of the spheres
1 Higher power
2 AOAL
3 Paradise
4 Charlie brown
5 Scientist
6 Viva
7 Talk/trouble in town/HFTW/PoC/Magic
       8  LSG
     Bani Adam
9 In my place/ETIAW
10 Yellow
11 Human heart
12 People of the pride
13 Cemeteries/GPASUYF/Violet/ENL
14 Clocks
      Infinity-SJLT-Midnight medley
15 Lovers in japan/speed of sound/Amsterdam
16 My universe
17 ASFOS
18 Green eyes/Don panic/Hardest part
19 Trouble/Everglow/UATW/O
20 Coloratura
21 Biutyful
22 Fix you 

Humankind

Is it really so difficult to ask something like this? Those are songs they already played hundreds of times (literally), we are not asking for high speed, moving to mars, swallowed in the sea or things like that... i dont know, I just, once again, keep a little hope someone close to the band reads this 😞

Edited by carp93
  • Like 5

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Famous_Old_Painter said:

Just saw the setlist from Dallas. Pretty predictable and boring imo. I hope they will mix it up some more later on and throw in some songs they haven't played for a while. 

I'm in agreement. 

At the very least I hope they'll set aside a minute of the show to shine white lights, warmly greet the crowd and ask folks with signs to raise them up high. Then they'll choose one song to play that's not on the docket etc. Just keep the show interesting and unexpected. 

Them playing "Dallas Every Day" was a good start but I hope the USA crowd will get more of that spontaneity.

• Like 1

I suggest make a choice between Paradise and Charlie Brown. Personally I like Charlie Brown much more than Paradise. It's a kind of like xyloband anthem. 

Please, eliminate SJLT or make it a cool (acoustic) Coldplay cover. The rest of 'the Lightclub' can also fall then.

Bring Coloratura back. 

And my biggest request: play songs spontaneously (rather totally messing it up than not trying) from the audience signs. 

❤️

• Like 1

I totally can get onboard with the light club myself. It’s a fun part of the show but would live up to its name more of it had the xylobands doing some cool effects. 

what is truly the crime is not having coloratura consistently being played. It’s a complex song and I don’t expect them to play it every single night of the tour, but it really needs to be more regular. 

HFTW also doesn’t belong, it’s essentially only there for AHFOD rep. Also as good as IMP is on the a-stage I also don’t think it suits this tour. Hopefully when volume ii comes round they will play some new and better songs and replace these ones. 

• Like 1