Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Setlist opinions

11 hours ago, WhiteShadow7 said:

I suggest make a choice between Paradise and Charlie Brown. Personally I like Charlie Brown much more than Paradise. It's a kind of like xyloband anthem. 

Please, eliminate SJLT or make it a cool (acoustic) Coldplay cover. The rest of 'the Lightclub' can also fall then.

Bring Coloratura back. 

And my biggest request: play songs spontaneously (rather totally messing it up than not trying) from the audience signs. 

❤️

I also associate 'Charlie Brown' song with the MX era. That works for me.

SJLT appeals to the loose audience attendees that only know a few of Coldplay's song library. I wouldn't remove it. I'm mixed if it were to be more stripped down.. maybe do the opposite and lean into the dance techno element. Make it a mini rave-experience lol.

"Bring Coloratura back."

Yes, yes with a large helping of yes!

"And my biggest request: play songs spontaneously (rather totally messing it up than not trying) from the audience signs. "

I think it can work if you play your cards right, the fan who held, The Gravity song request sign was genius because they knew Coldplay played it the night before during practice.

I'm hoping they might consider playing The Goldrush song because I've been on various online platforms trying to let them know it would please me. It might not work but I'd rather try over just wishing for things to magically occur.

I do agree without some planning the songs on signs might not play as well if it's songs the band is heavily unprepared for; valid point.

• Like 2

If it turns out this will be their most common set, i think it's pretty boring tbf. Especially the second half (excluding Humankind). Too much hit based, no real surprises anymore unfortunately. 

On 5/7/2022 at 1:40 PM, Famous_Old_Painter said:

Just saw the setlist from Dallas. Pretty predictable and boring imo. I hope they will mix it up some more later on and throw in some songs they haven't played for a while. 

Boring??? They have a big catalog now and certain songs are always going to be in that line up.  The majority of fans that go a CP concert are not die hard fans that know every song.  I was on the floor last night in Houston and turned to people around me asking them what their favorite songs were.  The answers were Yellow, Fix You, The Scientist and Viva La Vida.  They are never going to do a concert that doesn't have 1/3 to 1/2 of the song that they always play.  45,000 people don't want to see a show and have them play songs that they don't really know.  They played Sparks last night which was great to hear and as a die hard I would love to hear lesser known songs like Daylight; but they will be few and far between.  Daylight would be amazing.   

15 hours ago, gpttigers said:

Boring??? They have a big catalog now and certain songs are always going to be in that line up.  The majority of fans that go a CP concert are not die hard fans that know every song.  I was on the floor last night in Houston and turned to people around me asking them what their favorite songs were.  The answers were Yellow, Fix You, The Scientist and Viva La Vida.  They are never going to do a concert that doesn't have 1/3 to 1/2 of the song that they always play.  45,000 people don't want to see a show and have them play songs that they don't really know.  They played Sparks last night which was great to hear and as a die hard I would love to hear lesser known songs like Daylight; but they will be few and far between.  Daylight would be amazing.   

Boring setlist in my opinion, not a boring show or boring songs. They have a lot of songs to chose from, a lot of singles even. Of course they have songs that they have to play, Fix You, Viva La Vida, Yellow etc. But there are probably people out there, fans or not, wanting to hear Speed of Sound, Talk or Lost. Do you get me? 

This setlist is like 99% predictable, even the "less known" Sparks is a bit predictable.

• Like 1

I appreciate what you are saying as a die hard fan.  I think Viva La Vida is their best song but it isn't my favorite because I have heard it so many times.  If they were to play a smaller venue, then I think you would get to hear some of the lesser heard songs.  Yes the setlist is probably about 85% predictable.  I was very surprised to hear so many new songs off of Music of the Sphere's at the concert.  For the Head Full of Dreams Tour, I don't think they played as many new songs as I heard in the Music of the Spheres Tour.  I personally could have done without Human Heart and Let Somebody Go and heard some other lesser known songs from the catalog.  

But they aren't playing Speed of Sound.  Chris has been on record that he doesn't care to perform that one as he doesn't think they got it right.  

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, gpttigers said:

I appreciate what you are saying as a die hard fan.  I think Viva La Vida is their best song but it isn't my favorite because I have heard it so many times.  If they were to play a smaller venue, then I think you would get to hear some of the lesser heard songs.  Yes the setlist is probably about 85% predictable.  I was very surprised to hear so many new songs off of Music of the Sphere's at the concert.  For the Head Full of Dreams Tour, I don't think they played as many new songs as I heard in the Music of the Spheres Tour.  I personally could have done without Human Heart and Let Somebody Go and heard some other lesser known songs from the catalog.  

But they aren't playing Speed of Sound.  Chris has been on record that he doesn't care to perform that one as he doesn't think they got it right.  

I understand you. They could change some songs from show to show and it would be great, like:

Charlie Brown/Paradise/Every Teardrop

In my Place/God Put A Smile/Talk

And maybe Sparks/Green Eyes/Talk/LiT Ii/Lovers in Japan

You get me 😊

Speed of Sound is great and a hit 😃

Don't Let It Break Your Heart and Square One is pehaps too much to ask for, but they would fit perfectly IMO.

Edited by Famous_Old_Painter
  • Like 1

I think the global popularity of a song depends mostly on how many radio channels stream the song and how often they do, thus becoming mainstream music. Also services as Spotify contributing to the popularity by placing songs in their standard playlists. Sparks is the 5th most popular song of Coldplay on Spotify at the moment. I'm not sure of this but could it be that this song became well-known and 'Spotify popular' since the band played it in their Everyday Life gigs? If so, it's a matter of fact that Coldplay is able to drag their own 'forgotten' songs into the Spotify playlists. It wouldn't work for every song of course, but I'm sure there is much more to discover for the greater audience than the already mainstream music. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The concert tonight in Phoenix Arizona USA was overall good with the best live rendition of ASFOS that I’ve been present for so far. However, the band absolutely ruined the end of the show by recording the entire Biutyful song live only a few songs before the end of the show, and then repeating the entire song as the grand finale. In my opinion, this is not their best song and was already an unusual choice for a finale (repeated as the finale on all but one stop of the MOTS World Tour so far), but to repeat the entire song and expect to send people away happy was kind of shocking and disappointing. Hundreds or thousands of people left immediately upon the beginning of the song the second time. The band got a very lukewarm send off from the crowd, and I think Chris Martin at least may have noticed from his facial expression that something wasn’t right. I don’t know what else to say other than they should have known better after so many years of performing. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, coldplayingphxaz said:

The concert tonight in Phoenix Arizona USA was overall good with the best live rendition of ASFOS that I’ve been present for so far. However, the band absolutely ruined the end of the show by recording the entire Biutyful song live only a few songs before the end of the show, and then repeating the entire song as the grand finale. In my opinion, this is not their best song and was already an unusual choice for a finale (repeated as the finale on all but one stop of the MOTS World Tour so far), but to repeat the entire song and expect to send people away happy was kind of shocking and disappointing. Hundreds or thousands of people left immediately upon the beginning of the song the second time. The band got a very lukewarm send off from the crowd, and I think Chris Martin at least may have noticed from his facial expression that something wasn’t right. I don’t know what else to say other than they should have known better after so many years of performing. 

Yeah why play it as the finale song when the audience already heard it earlier? They should have finished with Humankind or some other song.

• Like 1