✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Post pictures of the gorgeous Chris

Nick4Chris

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Michael J Fox capturing the hearts of the <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23foxgala&src=hash">#foxgala</a> audience! <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23waldorfastoria&src=hash">#waldorfastoria</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23nyc&src=hash">#nyc</a> <a href="http://t.co/HLWesDxGWN">http://t.co/HLWesDxGWN</a></p>— Waldorf Astoria NY (@WaldorfNYC) <a href="https://twitter.com/WaldorfNYC/statuses/399588435239112704">November 10, 2013</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Me too.. don't you think he looks so much like he did in Rush of Blood there?

:nod: :nod:

he looks so much 2003 grammy awards chris

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuJblxS6ij0]Coldplay - Politik - Grammys 2003 (featuring new york philharmonic) High Quality!! - YouTube[/ame]

oh

that

performance

HOLY COW :D

Of course I agree! :heart: I had some pics of Chris wearing hats or hoodies (covering earrings, etc.) and where you couldn't see hands for markings or bracelets, etc., and certain people, including myself, had a very difficult time deciding which era it was. He looks AMAZING then...and now.

Of course I agree! :heart: I had some pics of Chris wearing hats or hoodies (covering earrings, etc.) and where you couldn't see hands for markings or bracelets, etc., and certain people, including myself, had a very difficult time deciding which era it was. He looks AMAZING then...and now.

Because you know this is a pasttime for us!

^Thanks!! Isn't that Matt that comes in to fix his cords and such and again at the end? Or are my eyes deceiving me?

...aannndd...if we do agree it's Matt, what are the chances that maybe others tagged along on this trip to NY? Phil came to L.A., and I'm sure he went to NY with him. Chris could have gotten a guitar tech in NY I'm sure, but Matt shows up. Maybe some recording in NY? Just thinking/wishing out loud here.

finally a full video, yellow

<iframe src="//player.vimeo.com/video/79066496" width="500" height="281" frameborder="0" webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen></iframe>

Rocking the Waldorf, Marty McFly Style

If you're going to invite people to a benefit on a Saturday night, it better be a good one.

This weekend's fundraiser for the Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research pulled out all the stops. Usually people race out of the Waldorf-Astoria ballroom even before a party's over. On Saturday, they lingered, still basking in the energy and supreme thrill of a performance by Chris Martin (on piano) and Mr. Fox (on guitar) of "Johnny Be Goode." Hello Marty McFly! This tribute to "Back to the Future" might have very well been one of the best things we've ever seen take place at the Waldorf-Astoria. Heck, let's go crazy and say it was the best thing we've ever seen take place at the Waldorf-Astoria.

But, as Coldplay might say, let's go back to the start.

Mr. Fox's annual event is called A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to Cure Parkinson's: An Evening of Comedy and Music. Unlike most benefits, this one is underwritten by the board so all of the money raised goes to Mr. Fox's foundation.

The tables were packed with financial folk (Dan Loeb and David Ganek, among them) and celebrities (including Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds, Julianna Margulies and Keith Lieberthal) and set up kind of like a beer hall. Pitchers of beer were on all the tables, which had an orange color scheme. There were orange earplugs in case things got too loud and/or raunchy. Meanwhile napkin rings were actually silver slap bracelets, which is something we really haven't seen since 1990, when "Back to the Future III" was released.

The point is: Raising money for challenging causes isn't necessarily fun, so you might as well make it be. Hence, Denis Leary is often the host here, and among the talent invited for stand-up was Seth Meyers, who did a few minutes of comedy that involved his wife, Alexi Ashe; Jim Gaffigan, who spoke a lot about doughnuts and ice cream, but managed to pepper his set with some new barbs despite having just performed for a similar crowd at Wednesday's Stand Up For Heroes; and Amy Schumer, the star of Comedy Central's "Inside Amy Schumer."

"This is such a great room for stand-up," joked Ms. Schumer. "A lot of the greats cut their teeth at the Waldorf."

Tina Fey was there too, and she showed up on stage dressed like Marty McFly, in an '80s haircut and a puffer vest. "This is not a costume," she explained. "I don't have a TV show anymore. Do you know how expensive it is to buy a dress and have your hair done?"

Mr. Fox himself called the evening his bar mitzvah. "Another year, another bar mitzvah," he said. Getting up to thank donors and participants "is our version of the candle-lighting."

By the way, he joked, if anyone needed him later, "I'm hiding on NBC." He was referring to his not exactly successful sitcom, "The Michael J. Fox Show," which last year the network gave a straight-to-series order.

Eventually, Mr. Fox's latest TV wife Betsy Brandt ("Breaking Bad") and his real wife, Tracy Pollan, who has also appeared on the show, came out to announce the final guest.

"He's here for reals," said Ms. Brandt of Mr. Martin. "For reals, he's here." She meant Chris Martin.

"I love Michael J. Fox more than a straight man should," said Mr. Martin, as he went into a piano version of Cole Porter's "Night and Day" he jokingly said he wrote about Mr. Fox. "We're going to start mellow and then move to the best concert you've ever been to."

It was hard to believe Mr. Martin until Mr. Fox came out for a rendition of "Yellow" and then that amazing "Johnny B. Goode." It was really a moment. Maybe it was the best concert we've ever been to after all. Especially at the Waldorf.

I guess my afternoon was quite okay.

BYzLLHxIUAAmtPd.jpg:large

OHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGOOOOOOOOD :dazzled:

He's real! He talks! His eyes! So kind! So freaking fit! OH MY GOODNESS :dazzled:

We got there around 12.15, there were already 4 other French and Italian people, who said Jon was in the Beehive and Chris inthe Bakery (WHAT? how does he cross oceans this fast? built-in jetpack?!). We freaked, waited in the rain for about an hour and then Will and Jonny came out the Beehive.. signed stuff and took photos with/for Celine. Jonny remembered me from 2 months ago. Thanked them a thousand times for the December gig. Half an hour later Chris came out, we walked up to him, and I seriously lost half the conversation (STRESS). He asked where we came from, we asked how he was and he said he was superbusy and that he had to hurry (probably Hunger Games premiere tonight?). Anyway.. nonetheless he took time for photos and a quick chat, while looking absolutely beautiful :lol: The whole thing was about a minute. Sharing an umbrella with Chris. Best minute ever. Managed to keep talking and remain somewhat calm, but cried when he was gone, haha. It was just so surreal. Still glowing, still stunned. Absolutely amazing :heart:

^^ You're the sweetest :heart:

^ Hahaha, Coeurli took it and was shaking (for obvious reasons) so that's why :lol:

I don't have time to write down the whole thing, but here's it in short. I'm sure Coeurli will complete it somewhere later tonight :D

We got there around 12.15, there were already 4 other French and Italian people, who said Jon was in the Beehive and Chris inthe Bakery (WHAT? how does he cross oceans this fast? built-in jetpack?!). We freaked, waited in the rain for about an hour and then Will and Jonny came out the Beehive.. signed stuff and took photos with/for Celine. Jonny remembered me from 2 months ago. Thanked them a thousand times for the December gig. Half an hour later Chris came out, we walked up to him, and I seriously lost half the conversation (STRESS). He asked where we came from, we asked how he was and he said he was superbusy and that he had to hurry (probably Hunger Games premiere tonight?). Anyway.. nonetheless he took time for photos and a quick chat, while looking absolutely beautiful :lol: The whole thing was about a minute. Sharing an umbrella with Chris. Best minute ever. Managed to keep talking and remain somewhat calm, but cried when he was gone, haha. It was just so surreal. Still glowing, still stunned. Absolutely amazing :heart: