✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The official **KEANE** thread

LifeIs4Living

Yeah, the soundbites sound really exciting!!!

Its hard to decide on the sound they're going for on this album, they originally said they were goning to try and go back to the more basic sound of H&F, which I think I'd prefer to the more ocmplicated sound of UTIS. Not that UTIS isn't good, because its amazing. I think think H&F was even more amazing-er!!!

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keane and Coldplay

Well, when I first heard Keane's song ''Crystal Ball'', especially the line ''starting to disappear'', it reminded me of Coldplay's ''God put a smile upon your face'' video.

And I always wanted to know how good would the two actually be when combined. And now, out of curiosity/boredsome I combined the two and put them on youtube :P

And here it is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pp8eRwLtGWI

I think it turned out good enough.

Note: If you don't like Keane, don't watch the video, because you'll probably be angry that I associated them with the Coldplay vid, hehe. I personally think that Keane is a decent band, but Coldplay is number 1 in my book.

That's right, they were good friends in college and when coldplay was coming together Chris offered Tim a spot in the band as a keyboardist and he thought really hard about it too. Keane was already off the ground though, and I think Chris became less fond of making coldplay a five piece.

Yeah the simmilarities between the song and the vid are absolutely stunning.

Also on the beggining ''Ooh Crystal ball, crystal ball, tell me life is beautiful'', showing the man in the suit, but with no shoes... that's how reality looks like, not as beautiful as the song wants it to be.

That's right, they were good friends in college and when coldplay was coming together Chris offered Tim a spot in the band as a keyboardist and he thought really hard about it too. Keane was already off the ground though, and I think Chris became less fond of making coldplay a five piece.

Really! :shocked2:

well, I didn't know about that! they went to the same college, that good if they knew each other...:)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...