✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The X Factor Thread

Kerry

Rather ironic that Rachel should finally go out on the back of her best performance by a mile, and the best performance of the whole night.:rolleyes:

JLS arn't bad but they are not the best and I thought they were really popular and tipped to win, but they were in the bottom two! :shocked2:

I BET YOU ANYTHING THAT Eoigan will win, he is the worst left but he will win!, It's all about the 'George Sampson Effect'

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JLS arn't bad but they are not the best and I thought they were really popular and tipped to win, but they were in the bottom two! :shocked2:

I BET YOU ANYTHING THAT Eoigan will win, he is the worst left but he will win!, It's all about the 'George Sampson Effect'

Yes, if you're a young guy and considered "cute" the odds are stacked in your favour on that show, which is why it's all a bit of a joke when all's said and done.

That's why Leon (who?) won last year and why Ray "Cheeky chappy" Quinn was runner-up to Leona Lewis the year before.

Maybe it helps if your first name begins with the letters LEON too............................ :dozey:

Euogan over Diana? :thinking: Who is voting for this thing? Outrageous.

Well firstly, neither of them is in the same class as JLS and Alexandra, and secondly, she ruined Dido's song, and so deserved what she got.;)

That song is as unique to Dido as "Yellow" is to Coldplay, and therefore should be left well alone.:angry:

Least she's got something about her, something distinctive.

Alexandra is just like every other big voiced star that has come from X Factor, we don't need another Leona, which is where Simon will steer her career.

Euogan is just drowned out by production and backing vocals to make him seem better than he is. His voice is weak.

Least she's got something about her, something distinctive.

Alexandra is just like every other big voiced star that has come from X Factor, we don't need another Leona, which is where Simon will steer her career.

Euogan is just drowned out by production and backing vocals to make him seem better than he is. His voice is weak.

I don't disagree with you as far as Owen's concerned, but I think Diana's voice is very weak (and rather grating) too, while Alexandra has a very different voice from Leona's (which I personally find a bit "lightweight").

Both JLS and Alexandra deserve to be in the final for their professionalism alone.

JLS have the best chance of becoming "stars" as there's a definite niche in the market for them.

At the end of the day I won't be buying any of their stuff, so I don't really care who wins.

However, it definitely shouldn't be Owen, who isn't even as good as Leon or Ray!!:dozey:

I agree with you re: JLS. As I said we don't need another big voiced diva and Euogan is nothing special. There is a niche in the market for a "boyband".

Especially as the UK has never had a mega-successful black boyband.;)

I really hate Louis though, which puts me off them :lol:

Me too. If JLS win, he'll be smugger than ever!!:stunned:

He was quite nasty to Dani the other week. He definitely has a "nasty streak".

At least Simon Cowell is transparent.;)

I recorded it and i'm gonna watch it later when I've got more time but I was way too curious and had a look at the website.

Shame Diana's out. She might not be the greatest singer in the world but she's special in a way. I think she's done the best and I would have like to see her in the final. I really like her style too. I'm not gonna say anything on today's performance because I've only seen a short summary so far but from what I've seen in the previous shows I just can't see how Euogan deserves to be in the final. I imagine some people voted for him because they find him cute but that's about it.

I recorded it and i'm gonna watch it later when I've got more time but I was way too curious and had a look at the website.

Shame Diana's out. She might not be the greatest singer in the world but she's special in a way. I think she's done the best and I would have like to see her in the final. I really like her style too. I'm not gonna say anything on today's performance because I've only seen a short summary so far but from what I've seen in the previous shows I just can't see how Euogan deserves to be in the final. I imagine some people voted for him because they find him cute but that's about it.

That's almost certainly the case, because his voice is nothing special. "Cute-looking" boys always have a distinct advantage over any girls in the competition because it's virtually only females that actually pick up the phone and vote!!

Girls have to be especially good to stand any chance of progressing.

The simple fact is that Diana was never going to win the competition, and if there's any justice, neither will Eoghan.

What Eoghan did last night was nothing more than "quality karaoke".

I would say Diana's voice actually gets on my nerves, and I'd be quite happy if I never heard it again, especially after her destruction of "White Flag", which is an anthem.:angry:

Even worse, she proceeded to ruin it twice in one night!!:veryangry2:

Once again, the fact that the likes of Diana and Eoghan made it into the top four highlights just how poor the standard of X Factor is in comparison to American Idol.

The gulf is huge.

The X Factor has so far produced only one real star in all its series, and that's Leona Lewis, who has managed to crack the U.S.

The rest have either sunk without trace (e.g. Steve Brookstein), quit (G4), enjoyed limited success (Andy Abrams, Shayne Ward) or not even really taken off (last year's winner Leon, who was also mediocre).

The one guy who might actually become huge is Rhyddian, believe it or not, as he's aiming at a different market entirely. What he does may not be my cup of tea, but I have to admit he does it well.

I missed it last night because I was out, and I heard Diana went and how Eoigan was all over her, and crying his eyes out! :lol:, I can't really call who will win, Alexandra definetely deserves to win, and JLS is better than Eoigan. Alexandra and JLS have also both been in the bottom two at one poing...and Eoigan hasn't and everyone thinks Eoigan is cute!....BUT....Who knows?....

I think it really is between Eoigan and Alexandra and I think JLS will almost definetely come third!

I missed it last night because I was out, and I heard Diana went and how Eoigan was all over her, and crying his eyes out! :lol:, I can't really call who will win, Alexandra definetely deserves to win, and JLS is better than Eoigan. Alexandra and JLS have also both been in the bottom two at one poing...and Eoigan hasn't and everyone thinks Eoigan is cute!....BUT....Who knows?....

I think it really is between Eoigan and Alexandra and I think JLS will almost definetely come third!

If "cute-face" doesn't now finish third, the X Factor will have descended into farce.:dozey:

That's almost certainly the case, because his voice is nothing special. "Cute-looking" boys always have a distinct advantage over any girls in the competition because it's virtually only females that actually pick up the phone and vote!!

Girls have to be especially good to stand any chance of progressing.

The simple fact is that Diana was never going to win the competition, and if there's any justice, neither will Eoghan.

What Eoghan did last night was nothing more than "quality karaoke".

I would say Diana's voice actually gets on my nerves, and I'd be quite happy if I never heard it again, especially after her destruction of "White Flag", which is an anthem.:angry:

Even worse, she proceeded to ruin it twice in one night!!:veryangry2:

Once again, the fact that the likes of Diana and Eoghan made it into the top four highlights just how poor the standard of X Factor is in comparison to American Idol.

The gulf is huge.

The X Factor has so far produced only one real star in all its series, and that's Leona Lewis, who has managed to crack the U.S.

The rest have either sunk without trace (e.g. Steve Brookstein), quit (G4), enjoyed limited success (Andy Abrams, Shayne Ward) or not even really taken off (last year's winner Leon, who was also mediocre).

The one guy who might actually become huge is Rhyddian, believe it or not, as he's aiming at a different market entirely. What he does may not be my cup of tea, but I have to admit he does it well.

I think it's just because he look sooo young.

I don't agree with what you said about Dido. I mean it might be pesonal to her but there isn't such a thing as a song no one else is allowed to sing. I imagine it was the better song choice than Avril Lavigne as that isn't really her type of thing.

I think it's just because he look sooo young.

I don't agree with what you said about Dido. I mean it might be pesonal to her but there isn't such a thing as a song no one else is allowed to sing. I imagine it was the better song choice than Avril Lavigne as that isn't really her type of thing.

I didn't say it wasn't allowed, just that it should be avoided at all costs. Anyone who has attempted a Coldplay song has also paid the price afterwards.;)

I didn't say it wasn't allowed, just that it should be avoided at all costs. Anyone who has attempted a Coldplay song has also paid the price afterwards.;)

Well you can't really expect her to know why the song was written and she might not care either. It's quite hard to sing though, which is an entirely different matter.

Well you can't really expect her to know why the song was written and she might not care either. It's quite hard to sing though, which is an entirely different matter.

Well I think in the main they should always avoid songs which are definitively associated with one singer's "style", because they'll always end up being compared to that singer.

Britney songs are fine, for example, because she doesn't have much of a voice anyway (and sometimes doesn't even use it at all).:rolleyes: