✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The X Factor Thread

Kerry

Well...................

Eoigan came a surprise third

No surprise at all. He got more than he deserved by even making the final.;)

which left the final two- JLS and Alexandra

and the winner was...

Alexandra!

Well done to her :D

It was the right result. She fully deserved it, but overdid the crying again afterwards.

She needed it more than JLS, who will do fine anyway.

The song sucks, though.:dozey:

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She's a good singer, but the song still sucks whoever's singing it.;)

i hope you're not talking about "Hallelujah"? :stunned:

I'm ashamed to say i actually watched last night...and it was obvious alexandra was going to win!.

JLS i don't really know because that's the first time i've saw them perform :lol: and that Eugaon or whatever, he just annoyed me :lol:

i hope you're not talking about "Hallelujah"? :stunned:

Yup. I find it excruciatingly dull, which goes for just about any song they choose to be the "winner's single" on that show.

and that Eugaon or whatever, he just annoyed me :lol:

No surprise there. He's just a cute-faced kid with a mediocre voice. The grannies will all love him, of course.:dozey:

Yup. I find it excruciatingly dull, which goes for just about any song they choose to be the "winner's single" on that show.

What about the Jeff Buckley version? :\

and Eugoan (thats no name for a star! :lol:) annoyed me because my mate fro mschool kept going "will you do me a favour?" and i knew what she was going to say so i just kept going "im not voting for him! :lol:"

I hardly even watch the show so what are the chances of me voting for the worst one on it last night :lol:

What about the Jeff Buckley version? :\

Never heard it.

and Eugoan (thats no name for a star! :lol:) annoyed me because my mate fro mschool kept going "will you do me a favour?" and i knew what she was going to say so i just kept going "im not voting for him! :lol:"

I hardly even watch the show so what are the chances of me voting for the worst one on it last night :lol:

I've never voted, and never will. It's a total waste of money.:dozey:

Thank fuck Egg Nog didn't win.

The winner's song should have been Peter Kay's "Winners Song". I see there's going to be another series? How long is it going to go on for?! The very first one that See Hear won was quite novel and interesting - wow, manufactured pop before our eyes! But now it's just cringeworthy; all these NORMAL people who DREAM and go on JOURNEYS. Fuck off.

Thank fuck Egg Nog didn't win.

The winner's song should have been Peter Kay's "Winners Song". I see there's going to be another series? How long is it going to go on for?! The very first one that See Hear won was quite novel and interesting - wow, manufactured pop before our eyes! But now it's just cringeworthy; all these NORMAL people who DREAM and go on JOURNEYS. Fuck off.

But Hearsay were sh1t.......................................... :dozey:

I can't believe Alexandra won. Out of the last 3, would rather have had Eoghan or JLS. Out of all of them, would rather Laura or Ruth.

I've seen somewhere that a revolt is planned! Instead of having her for number 1, people are planning to download the Jeff Buckley version so he can be Christmas number 1 :D

WEEKLY X FACTOR RESULTS VOTE REVEALED:

Show 1: Mentor's Choice

Eoghan Quigg 21.19%

Scott Bruton 19.48%

Laura White 16.99%

Diana Vickers 7.35%

Daniel Evans 7.21%

Alexandra Burke 7.20%

JLS 5.03%

Rachel Hylton 4.77%

Austin Drage 3.63%

Ruth Lorenzo 3.47%

Girlband 2.17%

Bad Lashes 1.51% (Deadlock)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Show 2: Michael Jackson Week

Eoghan Quigg 26.77%

Diana Vickers 16.24%

JLS 9.21%

Laura White 8.99%

Austin Drage 8.98%

Daniel Evans 8.23%

Alexandra Burke 7.15%

Rachel Hylton 5.01%

Scott Bruton 4.17%

Ruth Lorenzo 2.95%

Girlband 2.30% (Deadlock)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Show 3: Big Band Week

Eoghan Quigg 20.73%

Diana Vickers 15.13%

Rachel Hylton 12.21%

JLS 10.81%

Ruth Lorenzo 8.93%

Alexandra Burke 8.83%

Laura White 7.53%

Austin Drage 6.22%

Daniel Evans 5.94%

Scott Bruton 3.67% (Judges)

Show 4: Disco Week

Eoghan Quigg 19.81%

JLS 17.00%

Diana Vickers 15.24%

Daniel Evans 10.83%

Ruth Lorenzo 10.25%

Alexandra Burke 8.82%

Laura White 7.38%

Austin Drage 6.86% (Judges)

Rachel Hylton 3.81%

Show 5: Mariah Carey Week

Eoghan Quigg 27.39%

Alexandra Burke 18.35%

Daniel Evans 13.77%

JLS 13.26%

Rachel Hylton 10.39%

Laura White 9.90% (Judges)

Ruth Lorenzo 6.94%

Show 6: Best Of British

Diana Vickers 31.30%

Eoghan Quigg 19.56%

Ruth Lorenzo 13.91%

Alexandra Burke 13.31%

JLS 9.91%

Daniel Evans 7.53% (Judges)

Rachel Hylton 4.48%

Show 7: Take That Week

Eoghan Quigg 31.79%

Diana Vickers 18.94%

Ruth Lorenzo 16.07%

Alexandra Burke 14.97%

JLS 11.75%

Rachel Hylton 6.48% (Judges)

Show 8: Britney Week

Alexandra Burke 24.53%

JLS 24.34%

Eoghan Quigg 19.58%

Diana Vickers 16.32%

Ruth Lorenzo 15.23% (Public)

Show 9: Contestants' Choice

JLS 35.03%

Alexandra Burke 31.04%

Eoghan Quigg 21.14%

Diana Vickers 12.79% (Public)

Show 10 (Final) – At vote freeze

Alexandra Burke 44.02%

JLS 30.65%

Eoghan Quigg 25.33%

Show 10 (Final) – Final Result

Alexandra Burke 58.34%

JLS 41.66%

• 5 months later...

Reality cheque: How the stars of BB, BGT and X Factor are now raking it in!!

Reality cheque: How the stars of BB, BGT and X Factor are now raking it in

By Liz Thomas

Last updated at 9:36 AM on 29th May 2009

The cynical among us dismiss it as the home of self-absorbed fame-seekers. But it seems a stint on reality TV really can pay dividends.

According to a rich list published yesterday, some of those who managed to launch careers on the back of shows like Big Brother and The X Factor have gone on to bank millions.

Unsurprisingly, the list is topped by the likes of Girls Aloud, Will Young and Leona Lewis. But even the first Big Brother winner, Craig Phillips, creeps into the top ten, having amassed himself an estimated ?5million since he came to public attention in 2000.

article-0-0520496E000005DC-588_468x389.jpg

Girls Aloud, who first came to the fore on ITV1's Popstars: The Rivals, head the list having earned more than ?25million in seven years.

Will Young and Leona Lewis, who made their names on singing contests Pop Idol and The X Factor respectively, are ranked in second and third place.

While Young is now on his fourth album and has had a string of top ten singles, Miss Lewis has signed a ?5million multi-album deal in the U.S.

More...

The Hackney-born star is also planning her own line of accessories to build up her fortune.

Jade Goody, who died earlier this year after battling cervical cancer, built up an ?8million fortune. She was the poster girl for reality television because she made millions after her appearance on Big Brother despite having no discernible talent.

article-0-0292B065000005DC-657_224x423.jpg

article-0-024F9E79000004B0-868_224x423.jpg

High earners: Leona Lewis and Will Young both profited from reality TV

Myleene Klass also made a career out of reality TV. She first hit the headlines in ITV talent contest Popstars, before going on to try to earn a living in failed pop band Hear'Say.

Her career was ailing until she appeared on I'm A Celebrity ... Get Me Out of Here! in 2006 sporting a white bikini. The shots of her taking a shower in the jungle helped turn her fortunes around, securing her a modelling deal with Marks & Spencer worth ?750,000.

She has also gone on to enjoy success as a presenter with jobs on The One Show, Last Choir Standing and Ten Years Younger.

James Du Bern, of online channel Current TV, which conducted the survey, said: 'The Reality Rich List proves that, for a select few, the genre really is a source of both fame and fortune. It's amazing how financially lucrative a relatively short stint on TV can become.'

Also in the top 25 big earners is Paul Potts, who won Britain's Got Talent in 2007. He is now worth ?5million. Castaway star Ben Fogle, has made ?2million.

The list was compiled from detailed interviews with agents, producers and financial experts.