✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Sigur Rós

busybeeburns

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At Iceland Airwaves today, the band played a new song called Brennisteinn. Here's the video.

What do we think?

We think it's amazing. 3:30 onward especially. A weird mix of Popplagio and dance music. I'm also excited that they're coming out with new songs, maybe they haven't thrown in the towel quite yet.

Quote:

Originally Posted by violetsparks;5286968

I hate how in their North American tour, they don't even come close to Texas. WHY DO YOU HATE US SO?

There really aren't 'that' many dates in general, and most of them are festivals. I have zero doubt that they're gonna come back around again after europe.

Tol ja so. And wow...3 texas dates.

The band is coming to Roskilde Festival next year. Should I go? I would prefer them to actually play a whole concert while they're in Denmark, but so far Roskilde Festival is the closest for them to come. :shame:

I want to see them live. :dazzled:

Los Angeles, second most populated city in the US, population four million and metropolitan population of eighteen million, and they don't even bother to come here once on this tour?

I tried to see them last time they did a little tour and I was all ready to buy my tickets, but it was on some third-party site with a security system so poor and the scalpers got the tickets immediately while I lucked out...

I read the reviews and many people said it was the most beautiful concert they have ever seen in their lives

So I saw this in the morning and I jumped for joy before realizing that they're not even coming here

I guess they're coming to Coachella instead, which is great because I'm too young to go and I don't even have $300 x 2 dollars and the mindset to enjoy such a loud, sweaty, and unintimate experience

what the hell

I mean I'm so happy they're touring again but whaaat the hell is this

Los Angeles, second most populated city in the US, population four million and metropolitan population of eighteen million, and they don't even bother to come here once on this tour?

I tried to see them last time they did a little tour and I was all ready to buy my tickets, but it was on some third-party site with a security system so poor and the scalpers got the tickets immediately while I lucked out...

I read the reviews and many people said it was the most beautiful concert they have ever seen in their lives

So I saw this in the morning and I jumped for joy before realizing that they're not even coming here

I guess they're coming to Coachella instead, which is great because I'm too young to go and I don't even have $300 x 2 dollars and the mindset to enjoy such a loud, sweaty, and unintimate experience

what the hell

travel? There's a show in Phoenix and San Fran, and I've heard California has a decent train system. Hard to sympathize when I've spent my life 5 hours away from concert cities.

travel? There's a show in Phoenix and San Fran, and I've heard California has a decent train system. Hard to sympathize when I've spent my life 5 hours away from concert cities.

You're forgetting that Dee is a teen with limited resources and parents to deal with. Travel may very well not be possible for her under those conditions.

what the hell

#firstclassproblems

(BTW Coachella is such an incredible experience. You owe it to yourself to go at least once, especially since you're so nearby).

It is hard to sympathise with LA folks considering every bigger band goes there! So if it happens they don't play there, so what. Give other places and people a chance, yeah?

I'm sorry, do I come as a spoiled brat to you ? I know it must be worse off for you because you're not getting the download of the EP and I'm not sure if they will come to you, because I don't know where you live, that's awful, but that doesn't mean I'm inconsiderate of other people and I don't want them to play anywhere else, jesus

I just wanted to vent for one moment, no more than that, because this is one of the bands that introduced me to music and it's just not meant to be again, first I was too young to go to a concert and now I'm too young to make an 8-hour drive in the middle of a school week, which in Europe is like crossing several different countries, but whatever, I'm spoiled and I don't care about anyone except me, you're free to believe whatever you like

I don't mind missing gigs and I go to very few, don't sit very close, but this is one I must see before I die, you know :wacko:

#firstclassproblems

(BTW Coachella is such an incredible experience. You owe it to yourself to go at least once, especially since you're so nearby).

Indeed, and on top of that I spilled champagne all over my new Corvette! haha

Yeah, I know, lots of brilliant bands go there, I'm very lucky. :disappointed: Perhaps when I'm 17-18 y'know, can't be running around there with my overprotective mom

Well, that post did come across a bit butthurt and as if you were a spoilt brat. But anyway, I know what you mean and I was in your position until two or three years ago and I'm 24 now. I couldn't even dream of going to big gigs as a teenager so yeah, your attitude bugs me a bit even though I understand where you're coming from.