✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Sigur Rós

busybeeburns

After listening to most of the album last week, I have to agree with Spieler, but I've felt this way since Heima, though now I'm even more bored. It's getting re-hashed, I think that explains the hiatus.

I'll listen to the album again without turning it off this time.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can anybody explain something to me,cause i'm really confused :wacky: lol

Yesterday i got Valtari album, then i just listened to it, aparently i only had the 8 songs right? the last one it's suppose to be Fjögur píano, right? But now i just ripped the cd to my itunes and i got two extras songs :| is this possible? It's Kvistur and Logn, Kvistur is b-side of ekki múkk and Logn no idea :|

Is this normal? it's suppose to be a surprise?

Seeing as I got my copy digitally, I can't really answer that, but the two additional tracks are bonus tracks off the deluxe edition. Maybe the bonus tracks are hidden on the CD copy? I dunno.

Yesterday i got Valtari album, then i just listened to it, aparently i only had the 8 songs right? the last one it's suppose to be Fjögur píano, right? But now i just ripped the cd to my itunes and i got two extras songs :| is this possible? It's Kvistur and Logn, Kvistur is b-side of ekki múkk and Logn no idea :|

I have a digital copy too, and I thought that Kvistur and Logn were pre-order bonus tracks. Did you preorder Valtari? If not, maybe it really is a surprise, a really sweet surprise :D

I have a digital copy too, and I thought that Kvistur and Logn were pre-order bonus tracks. Did you preorder Valtari? If not, maybe it really is a surprise, a really sweet surprise :D

no i did not :) someone gave to me yesterday, that means that i got a double surprise then lol cause i was with that person and i did not know the album was for me :)

this is super cool then :nice: thanks

[ame=www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVpNkd4jxPM]www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVpNkd4jxPM[/ame]

For those who want a little more of a backdrop on the meaning of each track, which helped me appreciate the tracks a little bit more.

• 3 weeks later...

I saw them last night. The show was incredible! One of the best bands I've ever seen live!

It was also cool because at the end of the show as I was trying to get to the exit I was walking next to Jonsi's partner Alex which was cool but didn't want to point him out or whatever. Afterwards I was sort of wishing I just tapped him on the shoulder and thanked him for Riceboy Sleeps since I love that album.

I didn't get extra songs when I ripped mine. Interesting, lucky for you! :)

Good (but not great) performance at Prospect Park tonight.

I'm still trying to figure out the significance of that girl running across the stage :shrug:

According to a FB post they made she's the girl from the ryan mcginley varuð video which they released this week.

the fairytale, golden haired skipping girl from ryan mcginley’s new varúð video made a surprise appearance during the quiet bit of viðrar last night, spilling magic dust wheresoever she traversed. last seen heading for the new jersey turnpike.

here,[/url] if anyone's interested.

I was listening to it and did get to listen to a very large part of it. I was crying basically, most significantly during viðrar, actually. i love that song soooo much ugh....

I saw them last night. The show was incredible! One of the best bands I've ever seen live!

It was also cool because at the end of the show as I was trying to get to the exit I was walking next to Jonsi's partner Alex which was cool but didn't want to point him out or whatever. Afterwards I was sort of wishing I just tapped him on the shoulder and thanked him for Riceboy Sleeps since I love that album.

YOU SHOULD'VE!!!!1

• 1 month later...

Hello. Just came here to say that last night's concert was really fucking awesome. I loved the songs and ahhh everyone loved being there on the stage and they were happy to put on a great show. I loved the projections and those little lights on the stage and just about everything. Jónsi's voice was perfect and I loved his long note thing, it was absolutely amazing. Oh boyyyyyyyyy.

I got the setlist, too. :nice:

Omg, I'm so happy for you. (And envious, obviously). I didn't get to see them (school + lack of money (actually I'm saving money for Arcade Fire next year)). And they performed Vidrar, which is my favourite song ;___;
You should've gone, too :bigcry: But I understand it was hard to swing it because it was a work/school day. Vidrar is my favourite song, too! And it was so strange when they played Glósóli... people shouted in approval and I was baffled as I didn't know people knew that song. :laugh3:

Are Arcade Fire doing any shows next year? :surprised:

^^ That's awesome! Good to hear that they put on a great show. :D

Still waiting for them to come back to North America for this tour . . . if they ever do.

Did you miss them when they were there? I think they'll come back when they tour the next album or whatever they decide to do. It doesn't look like they'll stop. :nice:

Did you miss them when they were there? I think they'll come back when they tour the next album or whatever they decide to do. It doesn't look like they'll stop. :nice:

They were one of the headliners at a music festival near my town last month, but money was a bit of an issue, so I wasn't able to go. They didn't play any of their own shows near my area either. :sad: I'll just have to catch them the next time around.

Oh I see. They didn't play their own show here, either... it was a tiny tiny festival thing with three acts, Sigur Rós being the headliners. They did bring their own lights and loudspeakers etc. so it wasn't bad.

Hopefully they'll come back to the US soonish so that you'll get to see them, too.

You should've gone, too :bigcry: But I understand it was hard to swing it because it was a work/school day. Vidrar is my favourite song, too! And it was so strange when they played Glósóli... people shouted in approval and I was baffled as I didn't know people knew that song. :laugh3:

Are Arcade Fire doing any shows next year? :surprised:

Yes, unfortunately (why are all concerts I want to go to on Wednesdays???). But luckily I am able to see Radiohead. :wacky:

Glosoli was actually the first song I've heard by Sigur Ros :P

They will release a new album in the beginning of 2013 and then go on a tour. Hopefully they'll come somewhere close. Maybe even return to InMusic festival!

Sigur Ros Music Video Contest

Hey guys, I know I haven't posted on these forums for a looooong time (used to be Zemy101), but I need some support for a music video me and a friend filmed for a Sigur Ros contest, and I was hoping you guys could help us out! I also did some animation for it so it would mean a lot to me if I could get a little exposure!

http://www.talenthouse.com/creativeinvites/preview/aa9959f023cc1b4811537618f9fba438/663 <--- Vote Here!

http://vimeo.com/49235028

Please give it a watch guys, we only had 5 weeks to produce it so a lot of sleepless nights were had! lol. If we get enough votes, Sigur Ros will choose their favourite submission and promote it themselves on their website / twitter / facebook, and what we're really lacking right now are votes! So yes, if you like what you see, please vote for us! It's really easy, there's a button to vote from your facebook, and one from your twitter, so if you're already logged in it's a one click process :D

• 2 weeks later...

What Drew You To Sigur Ros?

I'll admit this is for a bit of scholarly work, but I'm curious, what was/is it about Sigur Ros that you were drawn to? Why are you a fan? Is it the style of music, the lyrics, the way Jonsi sings, their origin, etc? If you could be thoughtful/detailed, I'd really appreciate any feedback. Thanks!

M.