✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

I am currently listening to....

LeftLeg

With how bad I am at doing that I'm surprised I can hit it myself :D Like for example I can't sing Fix You at all (sometimes I can, Im getting better at it and it sounds better somehow when Im listening to the song along with it) but Chinese Sleep Chant is easier on my voice. I've been getting better at falsetto progressively since I love singing along to Fix You even though I know I can't help but laugh at how I sound XD

I keep thinking my falsetto is good when I sing Coldplay songs but then I listen to the recordings on my phone and it's just meh ;)

• Like 1

If you like those, Im sure you will like most of her tracks from Ultraviolence and Honeymoon. They are quite different from her debut album and much more mellow.

I actually listened to these albums and i did like some tracks (but I forgot the names; I wanted to single them out one day and download them)

I think her voice and style actually fits the "grand/majestic/pompous" sound in post-Viva Coldplay and I would have liked to see her as a collaboration

• Like 1

I can hit falsetto in most Coldplay songs but lets just say its NOT a pleasant experience....its usually followed by 2 cups of warm tea LOL

LOL in most Coldplay songs I can hit the falsetto just fine but there's some notes that just hurttttt so badly when I try to sing it. I don't think there's any Coldplay song that goes that high with the exception of that one really high part in Everglow but it doesn't last that long... I never tried to really sing Everglow though

I actually listened to these albums and i did like some tracks (but I forgot the names; I wanted to single them out one day and download them)

I think her voice and style actually fits the "grand/majestic/pompous" sound in post-Viva Coldplay and I would have liked to see her as a collaboration

Ah cool! I´d suggest listening to them a few times on Spotify before deciding which tracks to take because at least for me 90% of her songs grow on me only after a couple of listens. They are not immediate.

A collaboration would be cool! But I dont think it´s gonna happen...she´s as unlikely as Adele to collaborate imo hehe When they start singing, everyone else sounds like crap LOL But hey one can dream :)

• Like 1

LOL in most Coldplay songs I can hit the falsetto just fine but there's some notes that just hurttttt so badly when I try to sing it. I don't think there's any Coldplay song that goes that high with the exception of that one really high part in Everglow but it doesn't last that long... I never tried to really sing Everglow though

Everglow is not the worst...but a lot of the others I just go down an octave LOL Then again I do have a kinda of a deep voice and definitely not the same range as Chris :)

I have been thinking of making a series of Coldplay vocal covers and uploading them here. I think I can sing somewhat OK, but I really hate my voice. That's what keeps me from actually recording this series. :D

In my experience most people can sing and its just a matter of practice :) Try and have some of your friends listen to them first, see what they think :) Then maybe you feel better uploading them :)

• Like 2

I have been thinking of making a series of Coldplay vocal covers and uploading them here. I think I can sing somewhat OK, but I really hate my voice. That's what keeps me from actually recording this series. :D

My voice isn't too good either. One thing I should mention, my real danger with singing Fix You is it crosses on notes where my voice cracks horribly lol. That's why I can't sing Fix You very well, not only is my falsetto off but those notes hit and sometimes I can hit them but other times my voice just cracks so badly LOL :D

Everglow is not the worst...but a lot of the others I just go down an octave LOL Then again I do have a kinda of a deep voice and definitely not the same range as Chris :)

I have a really deep voice too (my normal speaking voice arguably isn't as deep as Chris' though :P) but I can go really low, like Moving To Mars low. I try to think that I have a really good range, but really if I try to hit high notes sometimes it just doesn't work out. I can sing high but sometimes I don't sound too good in the process :P

I have a really deep voice too (my normal speaking voice arguably isn't as deep as Chris' though :P) but I can go really low, like Moving To Mars low. I try to think that I have a really good range, but really if I try to hit high notes sometimes it just doesn't work out. I can sing high but sometimes I don't sound too good in the process :P

Sounds like you do! My speaking voice is low like Chris, my vocal chords dont like to go high haha Though I dont complain....the ladies seem to like my "velvet tone" though and lets face it thats all that counts LOL :P

• Like 1

Interestingly enough I find it easier to hit higher notes when I sing quieter...

Same for me !

Try and have some of your friends listen to them first, see what they think :) Then maybe you feel better uploading them :)

That's what I would actually feel more comfortable doing on the internet...I'd never show those recordings to any friends. Better to embarass yourself in an anonymous internet forum than in real life :D

But well, first I need to get a real microphone because I am currently recording my stuff (for fun) on the phone in crap quality. If I'd do that series I'd do it properly (vocal track and instrumental track separately and then mixing).

• Like 2

Same for me !

That's what I would actually feel more comfortable doing on the internet...I'd never show those recordings to any friends. Better to embarass yourself in an anonymous internet forum than in real life :D

*lol* Ok I guess you can see it that way too :) I first played for my friends cuz I felt more comfortable that way: I knew they were gonna like me no matter what afterwards haha and that they would tell me the truth ;)

• Like 1

Same for me !

But well, first I need to get a real microphone because I am currently recording my stuff (for fun) on the phone in crap quality. If I'd do that series I'd do it properly (vocal track and instrumental track separately and then mixing).

I've always wanted an actual mic too. I have a few piano demos and there all in terrible quality because my phone lol.

When I sing Coldplay songs, I always try to imitate Chris as closely as possible. Well, my voice is very different from his (and doesn't sound 1/100th as good) as his but I try to get the vocal feel/breaks right so as to transport the same atmosphere.

It's actually fun to try to do that.

• Like 3

When I sing Coldplay songs, I always try to imitate Chris as closely as possible. Well, my voice is very different from his (and doesn't sound 1/100th as good) as his but I try to get the vocal feel/breaks right so as to transport the same atmosphere.

It's actually fun to try to do that.

Sounds like a true tribute cover style! I must admit I never thought about how to sing...I just sing and transmit the song as I feel it. Though I did notice a funny thing...I tend to adopt Chris british accent at times *LOL*

• Like 2

In earlier years I wss singing in choirs and I was more or less one of these non-committed singers who didn't express the emotions on their face, if you know what I mean. Watching too many Coldplay live performances has changed me. I love to watch how earnest and deeply committed Chris looks like when he sings, in particular the more emotional songs. I think I now have a singing face like that too :)

• Like 2

So I've been really digging in Foster The People lately. I especially like their second album, "Supermodel." It's a great and artistic attempt at experimentation. It combines sounds from around the world to so-called achieve "the perfect pop record." Any1 else listen to them?

I checked out one of their tracks. They sound interesting :)

• Like 1