February 6, 201610 yr My parents passed away when I was little and I was raised by my foster mum, but I remember them well enough and I was incredibly close to both of them. There have been many moments in my life where I missed them (despite my foster mum being amazing!) and still do sometimes. I especially missed things like my dad teaching me how to shave for the first time while mum would look at us proudly or teaching me how to smoke a pipe (he used to smoke a pipe and I always wanted to imitate him when I´d grow up!), so throughout my life I used to put on this song and imagine my dad ´d sing it to me...that I would/could become a man , even if he was not physically by my side. With faith and understanding you will journey from boy to man... love it...maybe too emotional since my little baby boys do have Tarzan phases (watching it all over and over again) :D :D but still it's beautiful, i enjoy it ...and you almost made me cry right now.... to me Tarzan is so important to show it to my kids, and to help them to really get the message of this story :D hopefully they do or will one day :D ;) .... for now they adore Tarzan and mommy is happy!
February 6, 201610 yr Beck- Lonesome Tears (Why is Beyonce even at the halftime show to waste Coldplay's moment:cry:)
February 10, 201610 yr "Get Ugly" by Jason Derulo... No, this was not my choice, is a new song. I don't know how the mainstream could have gotten any worse then it was.
February 10, 201610 yr Administrators Just heard AOAL play on Alt Nation :) My friends always blast Adventure of a Lifetime when they're around me haha. I'm listening to the Don't Panic Netherlands Special single! Don't Panic, Spies, Bigger Stronger and Yellow all in one single?!?! What's not to like :D
February 11, 201610 yr My friends always blast Adventure of a Lifetime when they're around me haha. I'm listening to the Don't Panic Netherlands Special single! Don't Panic, Spies, Bigger Stronger and Yellow all in one single?!?! What's not to like :D Ahhh, when the word "single" had another meaning…
February 11, 201610 yr My parents passed away when I was little and I was raised by my foster mum, but I remember them well enough and I was incredibly close to both of them. There have been many moments in my life where I missed them (despite my foster mum being amazing!) and still do sometimes. I especially missed things like my dad teaching me how to shave for the first time while mum would look at us proudly or teaching me how to smoke a pipe (he used to smoke a pipe and I always wanted to imitate him when I´d grow up!), so throughout my life I used to put on this song and imagine my dad ´d sing it to me...that I would/could become a man , even if he was not physically by my side. With faith and understanding you will journey from boy to man... What a story. I work with orphan children and take care about them so I'm immediately into your story. Although I have parents and great family,working with those kids makes me feel like I'm in their shoes so I easily relate to stories like yours and believe everything's for some reason,I'm sure your parents still live and they are somewhere around. "Into smoke I'm turned and rise,following them up..."
February 11, 201610 yr My parents passed away when I was little and I was raised by my foster mum, but I remember them well enough and I was incredibly close to both of them. There have been many moments in my life where I missed them (despite my foster mum being amazing!) and still do sometimes. I especially missed things like my dad teaching me how to shave for the first time while mum would look at us proudly or teaching me how to smoke a pipe (he used to smoke a pipe and I always wanted to imitate him when I´d grow up!), so throughout my life I used to put on this song and imagine my dad ´d sing it to me...that I would/could become a man , even if he was not physically by my side. With faith and understanding you will journey from boy to man... Awww, I didn't know that. Sorry to hear.... :( I lost one of my parents as a child, so I can somewhat relate to the feeling...
February 11, 201610 yr What a story. I work with orphan children and take care about them so I'm immediately into your story. Although I have parents and great family,working with those kids makes me feel like I'm in their shoes so I easily relate to stories like yours and believe everything's for some reason,I'm sure your parents still live and they are somewhere around. "Into smoke I'm turned and rise,following them up..." Kamili <3 :* where are you from? i also work with children ..with no parents...on some projects...
February 11, 201610 yr Kamili <3 :* where are you from? i also work with children ..with no parents...on some projects... Croatia. Maslina is our word,aren't you the sam as me?
February 11, 201610 yr Kamili, hahaha-aaaa...zivot je cudo, a ja upravo trazim nekoga iz Hrvatske da radimo zajedno projekte...wooohooo je t'aime ma bebe! preci cemo na privatne poruke i english nije ok da koristimo jezik koji vecina ne razume..kissindzer graande! :D ;)
February 11, 201610 yr Awww, I didn't know that. Sorry to hear.... :( I lost one of my parents as a child, so I can somewhat relate to the feeling... Sorry about that :(
February 11, 201610 yr Back to the topic-I'm listening "Like I'm gonna loose you" by Meghan Trainor :)
February 11, 201610 yr Awww, I didn't know that. Sorry to hear.... :( I lost one of my parents as a child, so I can somewhat relate to the feeling... I'm also sorry. Hope you have found your way and sense of life just like Jedi Leo without both parents.
February 11, 201610 yr Awww, I didn't know that. Sorry to hear.... :( I lost one of my parents as a child, so I can somewhat relate to the feeling... It does leave a scar losing or not having one or both parents, a scar that really never heals, however you do find a way to cope. There is not a day that goes by where I don't wish for both my parents to have always been there, but the plus side of the difficult things in life is that you grow stronger because of it. I hope your parent is still with you in your heart as mine are with me. *hugs* What a story. I work with orphan children and take care about them so I'm immediately into your story. Although I have parents and great family,working with those kids makes me feel like I'm in their shoes so I easily relate to stories like yours and believe everything's for some reason,I'm sure your parents still live and they are somewhere around. "Into smoke I'm turned and rise,following them up..." That must be a tough yet wonderful job! I can only imagine how hard it must be for a child to be an orphan! I was raised and loved by my foster mum immediately after my parents passed away, so I always had a loving adult to take care of me, but yes any loss is so very hard for a child, whether its one or both parents. Oh and yes I totally know they still "live", not in a physical body, but I know they do :)
February 11, 201610 yr I'm listening to this Coldplay song of which I have made a riddle in the "Guess Coldplay Song" thread. It seems hard to solve. :pleased: It's such a beautiful song. :D
February 12, 201610 yr Me And Tennessee (Tim McGraw & Gwyneth Paltrow) Still don't know, written by Coldplay? Chris? Edit: Found it, it's written by Chris:)
February 12, 201610 yr Low, but not by Coldplay. My friend is listening to Hip Hpp Nation right now. I think I might have found my new least favorite song.
February 13, 201610 yr Paradise!!! Twice today! I got a treat! Second best of Coldplay for me! It's just on a whole other level than most other songs.
February 13, 201610 yr Been really digging this new group called Vinyl Theatre lately. Check out some of their music:
Create an account or sign in to comment