✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

I am currently listening to....

LeftLeg

I was disappointed by that album...even if I didn't expect much from a almost 70-year-old Gilmour.

What did you think?

Of all Gilmour solo albums I only like this one and On an Island, but On An Island was miles better. About Rattle That Lock, well I don't really like the title track (minus the SNCF jingle, which I had noticed and recorded myself when I was in Paris !). I quite liked the instrumental tracks and Faces Of Stone and Today, although of course none of the tracks compare to Pink Floyd work.

Listening to Live 2012. What in the living f*ck happened to Chris' vocals? It's so good here. Before they go on tour, I suggest that Chris go see a vocal chord doctor and maybe have some vocal lessons to have a better control of his voice.

I think Chris' voice has gotten better due to vocal training, I like his vibrato better now. But due to his age, there are more voice cracks and stuff. So when it's good, it's GOOD, but when it's bad, it's BAD.

I think Chris's voice has been at its peak during the AROBTTH and X&Y Eras and then slowly started to decline due to age and the strain of the huge X&Y and Viva world tours, and later the MX world tour. I think that unfortunately his voice is now irreversibly damaged. :(

• Like 3

Nooooooo that's such a dark thought :( But I agree. Sad.

It's a fact, he just cannot sing the falsettos in, for example, Fix You, as purely and cleanly as he used to. If its any consolation, he really had an extraordinarily beautiful and pure singing voice - I would even say the best voice in contemporary non-classical music !

• Like 2