✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Beatles

lucyinthesky

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seemed to me that Mac was sort of the organized guy that held the band together. He was seen as being really bossy by the other members which I think shows that he kept trying (maybe too hard) to keep everything on track. I prefer him to Lennon as a vocalist, and it's the piano epics like "Let it Be" "Hey Jude" and "The Long and Winding Road" that really stand out to me. Not to mention the timeless "Blackbird" on guitar.

Well the beatles were unique because, unlike most bands, they didn't have one frontman and a bunch of nameless faces (except for poor Ringo :P) in the background, I guess that's because John, Paul and George all contributed whole songs, but while I'm no expert, I like Lennon was probably the biggest face of the beatles as he was the rythm guitarist, main singer and driving lyrical force for the band.

Is he generally considered to be their "frontman"? I'm not super knowledgeable about the Beatles

not really, most of their songs have are credited to both Lennon and McCartney (even if just one of them wrote it), so I'd say that they both are the frontmen!

anyway, some of the most beautiful beatles songs (it's just my opinion) are George's songs (something and while my guitar gently weeps)

and Ringo... well, we love him because he's ringo :blush: hahaha he's awesome even if he don't sing that much songs... with two GREAT songwriters it was hard for george and ringo to include their stuff in the albums :P

It seemed to me that Mac was sort of the organized guy that held the band together. He was seen as being really bossy by the other members which I think shows that he kept trying (maybe too hard) to keep everything on track.

haha that's true, I saw the beatles Anthology and Paul was the one who liked to organize everything :P

that's a great compilation :D I also love the 1962-1966 one, it's awesome listen to both records and realize that they changed a lot in just a few years, okay their career was really short, but anyway!

and thanks :)

haha new avatar :P

it's sad that we can't post talking about upcoming tours and stuff

anyway I'd love so much to see Paul live :bomb:

nice avatar... i got to see paul twice (2002 & 2005)... great concerts! his shows were really long which was also great. he plays like a 40 song set... it's great