✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Beatles

lucyinthesky

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What, Ringo's going all the way to Stavanger, Norway, the real capital of culture 2008? :P

i've never heard of the place until someone told me they that they saw the liverpool 08 celebration on TV as well as the one in norway. but no doubt liverpool is the real capital of culture.:P it's a shame they're still doing building work though.:uhoh:

ringo only sang one song, he should have sung a few beatles songs.:(

and the wombats didn't sing 'let's dance to joy division either.

we were a little bit disappointed to be honest, we stood in the cold for at least three hours after all.

Newcastle should have won that

a woman tried to start a fight with me in Liverpool for smiling

there's people like that everywhere.

• 2 months later...
There might be people like that everywhere, but most of the people like that tend to come from the Liverpool area.

In other Beatles news, have anyone heard about that new live album from 1962 which is supposed to have been found?

Nope

But the BBC are doing a remake of StgPepper with covers according to Wikipedia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sgt_pepper#40th_anniversary_re-recording

I really do like Stg Pepper, its not totally consistant and Strawberry Fields and Penny lane should be here but otherwise its propably my second favorate after Abbey Road.

I think ill get A hard days night or White album next, dunno which.

• 2 months later...

In this time of new coldplay and waiting for releases it makes me think about how astonishing the Beatles career really was. Coldplay has been together for 10 years, and are currently putting out their 4th album (A great one at that).

But think about the Beatles... The band formed in 1960, and even then, they only played clubs in Hamburg and such until they landed the record deal in 1962. From then on until their split in 1970, the Beatles released 12 studio albums. 13 in reality since the White Album is a double. In 8 years. To me that is astonishing.

Not only that, but they were releasing singles that weren't even on these albums. Oh just little songs such as Day Tripper, Lady Madonna, Hey Jude, and Paperback writer.

What these four men did to change music is unfathomable today. Not only did they pioneer the rock sound we hear today, and write some of the most recognized and celebrated melodies in history, they wrote them at an astonishing pace.

Celebrate the Beatles. Thank you John, Paul, George, and Ringo and RIP John and George.

• 2 weeks later...
In this time of new coldplay and waiting for releases it makes me think about how astonishing the Beatles career really was. Coldplay has been together for 10 years, and are currently putting out their 4th album (A great one at that).

But think about the Beatles... The band formed in 1960, and even then, they only played clubs in Hamburg and such until they landed the record deal in 1962. From then on until their split in 1970, the Beatles released 12 studio albums. 13 in reality since the White Album is a double. In 8 years. To me that is astonishing.

Not only that, but they were releasing singles that weren't even on these albums. Oh just little songs such as Day Tripper, Lady Madonna, Hey Jude, and Paperback writer.

What these four men did to change music is unfathomable today. Not only did they pioneer the rock sound we hear today, and write some of the most recognized and celebrated melodies in history, they wrote them at an astonishing pace.

Celebrate the Beatles. Thank you John, Paul, George, and Ringo and RIP John and George.

i agreed. this band has done for many people worldwide though paul and ringo still make himselves for solo record and they were still great album.:)

• 3 weeks later...

Happy Beatles Day!

LIVERPOOL is to celebrate the greatest ever pop band with the world’s first Beatles Day.

The event on July 10 will mark the 44th anniversary of the Fab Four’s triumphant homecoming to Liverpool after they conquered America in 1964.