✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Beatles

lucyinthesky

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't get how music is better now than it was in the time of the Beatles? You raise some points about people overhyping the Beatles, but the fact remains that they were an incredible band. When you say music is better, I think what you are really trying to say is that music today is more relevant to our times. I mean sure, today's music sounds better than the Beatles, but thats because he Beatles made music back n the 60s when popular music was in a different phase than it is today.

The fact is that the Beatles are timeless and can still be listened to today. The compillation cd Beatles 1 released just years ago is one of the biggest selling compilation albums of all time. Obviously millions upon millions of people still listen to the Beatles and think they are good.

why don't you actually try to prove that the Beatles are "shit"? I dare you, because you'll be wasting your time. They were (and still are) geniuses, and there's no possible way you could prove me otherwise. Saying the Beatles suck is just like saying air sucks: we wouldn't be alive without air and music as we know it certainly wouldn't exist without the Beatles.

If you don't like The Beatles, then fine - it's totally down to personal taste.

However, anybody who can't respect their creativity, what they did for pop music, and just how many bands they've influenced obviously has no real understanding or love of music.

I'm sure Coldplay have been influenced by The Beatles' sound in one way or another, so that should tell you a lot.;)

why don't you actually try to prove that the Beatles are "shit"? I dare you, because you'll be wasting your time. They were (and still are) geniuses, and there's no possible way you could prove me otherwise. Saying the Beatles suck is just like saying air sucks: we wouldn't be alive without air and music as we know it certainly wouldn't exist without the Beatles.

Yup - there would be no Coldplay, for starters.;)

• 3 weeks later...
Waaaa.

The Beatles!

That's my mum's favorite band:lol:

My mother doesn't like music at all :disappointed:

What a complete waste to live in 60-s and not like music! I mean, if I was young in 60-s, I'd go craaaaaazeh about Beatles, I'd probably turn into one of that silly girls that were stalking poor band, kissing Paul posters etc. Of course, I love The Beatles now, but I'd give anything to have a chance to feel the atmosphere of real 60-s cult.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
My mother doesn't like music at all :disappointed:

What a complete waste to live in 60-s and not like music! I mean, if I was young in 60-s, I'd go craaaaaazeh about Beatles, I'd probably turn into one of that silly girls that were stalking poor band, kissing Paul posters etc. Of course, I love The Beatles now, but I'd give anything to have a chance to feel the atmosphere of real 60-s cult.

lol

now im falling in love with the beatles :lol:

haha... I guess I'd do the same... I'd love to being one of the girls screaming at their concerts...

• 1 month later...

I just hope Ringo has been taking drumming lessons!:laugh3: Last time I heard him play on stage, he was wayy off. He is funny, though! Maybe that was before AA?? Probably all better now.;)

So, then the Beatles sort-of could have a reunion, with Sean Lennon, Dhani Harrison, Paul McCartney, and Ringo Starr?? Has this been done already??:cool:

I :heart: Ringo!

I wouldn't like a reunion like that..

personally I think that it's the four of them or nothing... no one can replace George and John... not even their sons

:laugh3:I guess that settles it, then! So, Paul and Ringo will have to do a duet?:P I think I would be OK with Dhani and Sean joining in - they are, in some ways, like their parents, so many of the same personal qualities would be there..

Yea, I love their music and their movies and such as well - it's a beautiful window into the past, and their music is timeless..;)