• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

Ringo Has Had Enough

Ringo Starr: Don't send me any more fan mail

By GREGORY KATZ, Associated Press Writer

Tue Oct 14, 11:22 AM ET

"Ringo Starr doesn't want to hear from you. If you do write, your letter will end up in the trash. After 45 years of stardom, he doesn't want to spend any more time answering mail or sending signed photos back to fans.

The fan fatigue led the former Beatles drummer to post a sometimes angry sounding short video clip on his Web site telling fans that any mail sent to him after Oct. 20 will not be read or answered. British television stations broadcast the video on Tuesday.

"It's going to be tossed," he says on the video. "I'm warning you with peace and love, I have too much to do. So no more fan mail. Thank you, thank you. And no objects to be signed. Nothing. Anyway, peace and love, peace and love."

The drummer and singer did not elaborate on the reason behind his decision to cut off a major point of contact with his many fans.

Starr, 68, has maintained a very active touring and recording schedule in recent years, drawing large crowds for performances with his All-Starr band.

The band plays a mix of old Beatles hits, Starr's many solo offerings, and other classics from the 1960s and 1970s. Starr usually serves as front man, though he sometimes plays the drums.

But he has angered longtime fans in Liverpool by telling interviewers that he does not miss his native city. Vandals there beheaded a topiary sculpture of Starr earlier this year — he was the only one of the four Beatles whose likeness was desecrated.

The good-natured drummer, who also enjoyed a brief acting career after star turns in Beatles' films "A Hard Day's Night" and "Help!," guest starred on a 1991 episode of "The Simpsons" in which he is shown scrupulously answering every piece of fan mail that comes his way.

"They took the time to write to me, and I don't care if it takes 20 years, I'm going to answer every one of them," Starr says on the show.

In his mail, he finds a package from Marge Simpson that contains a portrait she painted of him back in the Beatles heyday. He puts it on his wall and writes back to tell her — a few decades late — how much he likes her painting."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081014/ap_on_en_mu/eu_people_ringo_starr&printer=1;_ylt=Aut2fQZoxyGKuiQpwhNZqzEnHL8C

What does everyone think of this? Personally, I don't think a person can get much snobbier than this. Has all this fame FINALLY gone to his head? This is absurd, and I'll just laugh when he comes begging for mail after his mailbox is only filled with unpaid bills. Peace and love my ass! Ringo's actions only make me love Paul more and more!

This comes on the back of his criticism of Liverpool not so long ago, and his extremely poor solo album.

Classic case of someone who has quite literally disappeared up his own hind quarters!!:rolleyes:

They should sign him up for the next series of "Grumpy Old Men" without further ado.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Beatles -- Eleanor Rigby Mystery

center]

Ah, look at all the lonely people (Violin)

Ah, look at all the lonely people (Violin)

Remember the awesome yet sad song of the Beatles?

The Mystery reamains who Eleanor Rigby really is....

Some say shes fiction

Some say shes real but dead as of now and the story about her in the song is really true.

Here are the lyrics to refreshen your mind on how sad the story and song goes......

Lyrics:

Ah, look at all the lonely people

Ah, look at all the lonely people

Eleanor rigby picks up the rice in the church where a wedding has beenLives in a dream

Waits at the window, wearing the face that she keeps in a jar by the door

Who is it for?

All the lonely people

Where do they all come from ?

All the lonely people

Where do they all belong ?

Father mckenzie writing the words of a sermon that no one will hear:cry:

No one comes near.

Look at him working. darning his socks in the night when there's nobody there

What does he care?

All the lonely people

Where do they all come from?

All the lonely people

Where do they all belong?

Eleanor rigby died in the church and was buried along with her name:cry:

Nobody came:cry:

Father mckenzie wiping the dirt from his hands as he walks from the grave

No one was saved

All the lonely people

Where do they all come from?

All the lonely people

Where do they all belong?

{Sad story indeed if she is true i truelly feell sorry.but I do love this song my new fav for today!!! and its not a coldplay song...:laugh3:}

P.S. Actually their was a news article stating that someone auctioned a hospital file(cost is expensive for a beatles memoir ...if its true) on the lists of patients that were in the hospital in that time and Eleanor Rigby was signed on the list! We dont know if its true.until now....

Some are fucking morons

If she died with her name and nobody went to her funeral, why would the beatles know about her?

She's not real, I can't believe people actually care enough to do research

if people did this for all the Beatles and Bob Dylan characters in their songs they'd be wasting a lot of time