🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

The Beatles

lucyinthesky

After these problems:

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/entertainment/beatles-fans-kept-waiting/story-e6frf96f-1225771286476

'No Music To Our Ears': Beatles fans kept waiting

September 10, 2009

BEATLES fans will learn today if they can get the latest remastered Fab Four albums after a distribution problem saw Melburnians snubbed.

The band's digitally remastered back catalogue is the first remix of the band's music since 1987 and includes a limited release box set in mono audio format.

Beatles fans in regional areas and interstate were forced to wait until after midday to hear the re-released recordings, with record company EMI imposing a strict sales embargo.

Fears that advanced sales would spoil anticipation led the record company to delay deliveries until the official day of release, but a problem saw Melbourne's deliveries held up.

An EMI spokesperson said unprecedented demand for the remastered catalogue caused freight delays, which affected delivery to some Victorian shops.

"We apologise to all Beatles fans who have been affected by these unexpected delivery issues and assure them that stock will be delivered tomorrow (Thursday)," he said.

The release of the digitally remastered Beatles catalogue coincided with the launch of the new The Beatles: Rock Band video game.

The game, the latest edition of the popular Rock Band series, is expected to spawn a new generation of Beatles fans.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

are there any crazy hardcore fans here? who have all the bootlegs of the band's recording sessions. cos the beatles used to record every single thing they did in the studio. everything from discussion between the guys, every take they did, jam sessions and everything in between. from memory i think there are over 40 takes of Get Back available. The new Rock Band game apparently has never before heard "conversations" between the guys in the studio which ended up being recorded.

i wish bands did that nowadays.

are there any crazy hardcore fans here? who have all the bootlegs of the band's recording sessions. cos the beatles used to record every single thing they did in the studio. everything from discussion between the guys, every take they did, jam sessions and everything in between. from memory i think there are over 40 takes of Get Back available. The new Rock Band game apparently has never before heard "conversations" between the guys in the studio which ended up being recorded.

I don't have any bootlegs, but lots of the extra takes and conversations can be found on the Beatles Anthology CDs, which are fantastic. the game is awesome- includes lots of little bits of conversations as songs load, lots of great pictures and you can unlock little "prizes" by playing. Last night we unlocked a Christmas message the guys sent out to their fan club members on an album. I think it was from 1963 or 64. Very cool and quite funny. In a way, reminded me of the christmas messages Coldplay does. :)

Pitchfork reviews the Beatles

Please Please Me - 9.5/10

With The Beatles - 8.8/10

A Hard Day's Night - 9.7/10

Beatles For Sale - 9.3/10

Help! - 9.2/10

Rubber Soul - 10/10

Revolver - 10/10

Sgt Peppers - 10/10

The White Album - 10/10

Magical Mystery Tour - 10/10

Yellow Submarine - 6.2/10 (they couldn't help themselves)

Let It Be - 9.1/10

Abbey Road - 10/10

Past Masters - 9.2/10

http://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/13425-stereo-box-in-mono/

say what you want about Pitchfork you gotta admit they are pretty comprehensive with everything they do.

Pitchfork reviews the Beatles

Please Please Me - 9.5/10

With The Beatles - 8.8/10

A Hard Day's Night - 9.7/10

Beatles For Sale - 9.3/10

Help! - 9.2/10

Rubber Soul - 10/10

Revolver - 10/10

Sgt Peppers - 10/10

The White Album - 10/10

Magical Mystery Tour - 10/10

Yellow Submarine - 6.2/10 (they couldn't help themselves)

Let It Be - 9.1/10

Abbey Road - 10/10

Past Masters - 9.2/10

http://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/13425-stereo-box-in-mono/

say what you want about Pitchfork you gotta admit they are pretty comprehensive with everything they do.

Other than The White Album (which I think should have a way lower rating), I pretty much agree with that, hate Yellow Submarine.

My brother is a big Beatles and Paul collector, but he doesn't have this...

butcher-cover-beatles-061808-lg.jpg