lucyinthesky

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest howyousawtheworld

Just finished watching Living In The Material World on BBC 2. The ending tore me apart, particularly Ringo remembering his last meeting with George.

A special guy.

• 5 months later...

Just some news for fellow Beatles fanatics: We'll have two opportunities to see The Beatles in theaters soon. Yellow Subamrine is being re-released in select theaters this month and "The Lost Concert" (which was their first American show) will also be shown in theaters (don't know when though, they moved it back due to legal reasons)

• 5 weeks later...
Guest howyousawtheworld

Great news! Paul McCartney is going to close the Olympics Opening Ceremony on 27th July. Saw him on tv performing in front of Buckingham Palace last night. Live and Let Die was something awesome! Thought he'd close with Hey Jude. To my pleasant surprise it was Ob La Di Ob La Da!

• 2 months later...

18th Aug 1964, Over 9,000 frenzied fans met The Beatles as they arrived in San Francisco, to begin an American tour. The Beatles were driven into a protective fence enclosure so that photographers could take pictures. As the 9,000 fans pressed against the fencing, it gave way, with The Beatles managing to get out split-seconds before it came crashing down.

• 4 months later...

There is probably a Beatles thread, but it's buried or something

Anyways, I think no matter if you are a Justin Bieber:veryangry2: or a Coldplay, you have to pay some kind of homage to the Beatles, like them or not. They didn't invent music, but they practically made pop into different genres, rather then just one type of music.

They're arguably my favorite band, fighting Coldplay for it everyday. Any other beatlemaniacs here?

There is probably a Beatles thread, but it's buried or something

Anyways, I think no matter if you are a Justin Bieber:veryangry2: or a Coldplay, you have to pay some kind of homage to the Beatles, like them or not. They didn't invent music, but they practically made pop into different genres, rather then just one type of music.

They're arguably my favorite band, fighting Coldplay for it everyday. Any other beatlemaniacs here?

Threads merged. You can find a band index here.

• 1 month later...
Guest howyousawtheworld

Some Beatles programmes shown on BBC 4 last night.

On the week of the 50th anniversary of the recording of Please Please Me.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01qnrb8/The_Beatles_Please_Please_Me_Remaking_a_Classic/

Paul McCartney live from the Roundhouse in 2007.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00850nd/Electric_Proms_2007_Paul_McCartney/