✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

U2

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest howyousawtheworld
I saw U2's BBC rooftop concert on TV the other day. :cheesy: Looked like so much fun!

Oh yeah. I remember that. February 2009 I recall. Was organised for Chris Evans' Radio 2 Drivetime show. Watched it cotinuously on BBCi. The performance of Magnificent sounded fantastic!

News from U2.com posted there on 23 and 29 April

As I couldn't log on a moment ago, I decided to visit U2.com for news. I haven't visited that site for such a long time.

News on 29 April 2010:

"Who let the peacenick in?" BONO has received the Humanitarian Leadership Award from The Atlantic Council for his work in raising awareness to fight extreme poverty in Africa. :)

News on 23 April 2010:

The editors of SPIN have ranked the most influential releases since the magazine's 1985 beginnings - and ACHTUNG BABY comes in at no. 1. :)

News on 23 April 2010:

http://www.U2.com is nominated for a Webby, a prestigious international award from the International Academy of Digital Arts and Sciences. U2.com is an "Official Honoree" in the Music category and also one of five nominees in the "Best Celebrity/Fan Site" category. VOTING IS CLOSED.

Today I heard 14 U2 songs on VH1, Denmark, as U2's was today's Superstar.

U2 Is also Superstars on VH1, Denmark on Monday, 10 May because it is Bono's 50th birthday . VH1, Denmark will celebrate it again from 19 to 21 on Monday in a programme called: Congratulations BONO - 50 years.

Wow...50! My first recollection of Bono was during the Joshua Tree days, so he must have been in his mid to late 20s at the time. Part of me wishes he wouldn't have gotten involved with all his causes. It's made him a punching bag, which he in no way deserves. People forget just how raw and edgy U2, and Bono, in particular, were during their early years.

:dance::dance:10.5.1960 BONO WAS BORN MEANING THAT IT IS HIS 50TH BIRTHDAY TODAY.

CONGRATULATIONS, BONO.

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK - BOTH WITH HUMANITARIAN CAUSES AND WITH MAKING GOOD MUSIC. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Yesterday, BONO's 50th birthday was celebrated on VH1, Denmark:

Bono and U2 was yesterday's VH1 Superstars

Played was:

Where the streets have no name (1987); Get on your boots (2009); City of blinding lights (2005); Sweetest Things (1998), The Saints are coming with Green Day (2006); Beautiful Day (2000), Pride (In the Name of Love) from 1984; I'll go crazy (If I don't go crazy tonight) from 2009, All because of you (2005), Even better than the real thing (1992), With or without you (1987), Magnificent (2009) and Sunday, Bloody Sunday (1983).

Then from 19 to 21 o'clock there was a programme called: CONGRATULATIONS - BONO 50 YEARS OLD where the songs above were played again PLUS:

Walk On (2001), When love comes to town (1988); Mysterious Ways (1991); Stuck in a moment (2001), ONE (1992); Sometimes you can't make it on your own (2005); I still haven't found what I'm looking for; instrumental film music; Elevation (2001), Sarajevo with Pavarotti (from 1995 or so), Beautiful Day Live from Slane; New Year's Day (1983); Walk On (2001) - for the second time! and ONE (1992) also for the second time, but okay with me.

Highlights for me - besides ONE (my top favourite song) - were "When love comes to town" from 1988 (I might have heard it before, but not often), Sarajevo with Pavarotti, Beautiful Day Live and the film music (I was sitting in front of my computer working on a translation then, so I do not know what exactly it was, but I liked what I heard).

Bono Has Back Surgery; Tour Opener Postponed

U2 has postponed the opening show of this summer's U2 360 Tour after Bono underwent emergency back surgery Friday in Munich. According to U2.com, Bono suffered a back injury while preparing for the tour. He'll spend "the next few days" in the Munich hospital before going home to recuperate.

U2's tour opener in Salt Lake City, originally scheduled for June 3rd, has been postponed indefinitely, and it seems there's a chance future tour dates could be in jeopardy, too. In an audio statement about the postponement, Paul McGuinness mentions "dates" in the plural. Here's the full text of his announcement:

"The band were really looking forward to getting back out on the road until the emergency surgery on Bono's back, which took place in Munich today. We were due to start rehearsals on Tuesday in Salt Lake City and get the show ready for the next leg. There were gonna be some changes and some new material. It's unfortunate that we're inconveniencing fans. We will make plans to reinstate these dates as soon as possible. Obviously, it's been very disruptive for our crew, as well; we have over 400 people converging on Salt Lake City, and some of them have been turned around and told to stay at home until we make our new plan. We hope to get things resolved as soon as possible. Keep watching U2.com and you'll get the information as soon as we can get it out to you. Signing off, this is Paul McGuinness."

http://www.atu2.com/news/bono-has-back-surgery-tour-opener-postponed.html

I hope everything is alright if it's for real, Larry also had back surgery in the mid 1990's during the Popmart tour.