✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

U2

That's good to hear. Me and about 6 other people from work have tickets to the Anaheim show. We can deal with it either way, but we need to plan.

It's amazing how many people have a stake in one man's back - fans, crew, arena workers, etc. Also, it's crazy how much money is riding on the health of bono's back. If my back gets hurt, no one really gives a shit, and it doesn't really cost anyone money.

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest howyousawtheworld

Rumours that Dizzee Rascasl is being lined up to replace U2 if Bono doesn't recover in time..... please Bono get that back working again. Heck I'd rather see you in a wheelchair performing at Glastonbury - just anything to stop that talentless **** from getting the headline spot.

They better get to releasing some type of news ASAP. As far as I can tell, no one even knows the exact nature of the injury other than its his back. What the hell does that mean? Some people in the U2 camp better start talking.

Speaking at the LMU University Hospital in Munich, Paul McGuinness has confirmed the postponement of 16 shows on the U2360° Tour from Salt Lake City on June 3rd, through to New Jersey's Meadowlands Stadium on July 19th. Tour Promoters Live Nation are now rescheduling those dates.

Ouch, i'm really sorry for everyone who was planning to go see them in their US leg, I know what it means to get your show postponed (I'm a "victim" of Coldplay's Tampa cancellation, just few hours before boarding the plane to Tampa, and at the other side of the world from home), hope everyone will make the rescheduled shows.

They added this news as well on u2.com

"Tour promoters Live Nation have confirmed that the 16 U2360° shows from Salt Lake City on June 3rd, through to New Jersey's Meadowlands Stadium on July 19th, will be rescheduled for 2011.

U2 tour producer/promoter Arthur Fogel, CEO of Live Nation Global Touring, said, 'Although we understand the disappointment to U2 fans, first and foremost comes the recovery of Bono.'

Additional details on rescheduled dates will follow shortly and fans are encouraged to hold on to their tickets. We'll have all the information on U2.com as soon as it's confirmed."

So this means right now Turin is the first show...hopefully, haven't booked the hotel yet, guess I will wait a little bit more :\

Damn...cancellation of the first few dates wasn't surprising, but everything NA plus Glasto? I really hope that means an effective recovery for Bono, at any rate. A delay until 2011 unfortunately makes sense thanks to sports schedules at each of the venues, meaning that I'll have had my tickets for well over a year by that point. :laugh3:

I'm over my disappointment now, but I'm sure my parents will be pretty upset, seeing as how they scheduled their three-week vacation around this (since I was to go to the concert with my family). :cry:

Guess I should find a new concert to go to in the meantime...

Guest howyousawtheworld

Gutted. The only thing that will salvage this is if Coldplay get headline and I'm not even sure if I or any other Coldplay fan really need that that as it'd be better for them to appear next year what with a new album.

Guest howyousawtheworld
I just hope that they add on some extra UK dates when they next come to Europe

Believe me Dargarius after missing their last UK dates I am desperate for that to happen!

As much as heartbroken I am about Toronto being postponed (seriously I was about to cry), I feel really bad for Bono. I'd much rather have him healthy when they're here. So yeah... get well soon Bono! Plus I think I actually found a brightside to this: I'll have my full drivers license by then so I could drive to the venue and line up whenever I want to even if it's like 2 nights before :dozey: Because this time I around I asked my mom for a ride before 8 am and she just laughed at me.

/ okay in reality I'm still depressed :bigcry:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment_and_arts/10154682.stm

Page last updated at 13:36 GMT, Tuesday, 25 May 2010 14:36 UK

U2 CANCEL GLASTONBURY AND US TOUR AFTER BONO's INJURY

U2 have pulled out of the Glastonbury Festival and postponed their US tour after Bono had emergency surgery to save him from possible paralysis.

The singer, 50, had a back operation on Friday after suffering an injury while training in preparation for the tour.

Neurosurgeon Joerg Tonn said: "The surgery was the only course of treatment for full recovery and to avoid further paralysis."

Bono, who must recuperate for the next two months, said he was "heartbroken".

They were due to headline Glastonbury on 25 June, in the middle of their 16-date North American tour, which was booked for June and July.

Prof Tonn told the Reuters news agency Bono had been "in severe pain with partial paralysis of the lower leg".

The frontman is "now much better with complete recovery of his motor-deficit", he continued.

"His prognosis is excellent but to obtain a sustainable result he must now enter a period of rehabilitation."

Dr Muller Wohlfahrt, who also treated the star in Munich, Germany, explained: "Bono suffered severe compression of the sciatic nerve.

"On review of his MRI scan, I realised there was a serious tear in the ligament and a herniated disc, and that conservative treatment would not suffice.

"We are treating Bono as we would treat any of our athletes and, while the surgery has gone very well, the coming weeks are crucial for a return to full health."

His rehabilitation will begin in the next few days, with the intensity increasing over the next eight weeks.

The band's manager Paul McGuinness said the group were "devastated" at postponing the concerts.

"For a performer who lives to be on stage, this is more than a blow," he said.

"His concerns about more than a million ticket buyers whose plans have been turned upside down, we all share, but the most important thing right now is that Bono makes a full recovery."

Glastonbury had been attempting to book U2 for many years and their appearance was expected to be a highlight of the event's 40th anniversary.

The band said they had written a new song for the occasion.

"I'm heartbroken," he said. "We really wanted to be there to do something really special."

Bono phoned festival organiser Michael Eavis on Tuesday morning to break the news.

Mr Eavis said: "It was obvious from our telephone conversation that U2 are hugely disappointed. Clearly they were looking forward to playing the Pyramid Stage as much as we were looking forward to watching them."

'Best wishes'

He declined to comment on a possible replacement. "Instead, we would simply like to send Bono our very best wishes for a full and speedy recovery," Mr Eavis added.

Dizzee Rascal, who is below U2 on the Pyramid Stage bill on Friday 25 June, could now take the headline slot. Festival favourites Coldplay have also been mentioned as possible replacements.

The festival has had to cope with headliners pulling out in the past.

In 1995, The Stone Roses cancelled when guitarist John Squire broke his collarbone in a cycling accident. Pulp were brought in as last-minute replacements.

In 2005, Kylie Minogue withdrew following her diagnosis with breast cancer. Basement Jaxx were promoted to fill in.

U2's North American dates will be rescheduled.

Their 360 Degree tour earned the band about $109m (£75.3m) in 2009, making it the most profitable tour of the year, according to Billboard magazine.

-----------------

I WISH BONO A FULL AND SPEEDY RECOVERY! :fingers crossed:

Sorry to everyone who wanted to see them at GB! :hug:

I can't believe we have to wait until 2011 now for the US tour! 2011!!! That's SO far away! :bigcry:

I do care about Bono getting better but, I'd watch him perform in a hospital bed if it meant I could see him July 12th.

:disappointed:

:hug: To everyone who is feeling down about the postponement of the North American tour. This totally sucks, but Bono's health is what's most important. Plus we'll get brand new songs introduced to us in 2011, and they'll be back with new energy and perform great shows like they always do. :D And we have something to look forward to next year. ;)

*gets-into-aus-never-gets-any-good-tours mood*

at least you guys know when U2 will be coming back. down here we have no idea IF OR WHEN they will bring 360 to aus. but i do feel for the almost million people who have been affected by this. lets not forget the 100s of people who work on the tour.

*gets-into-aus-never-gets-any-good-tours mood*

at least you guys know when U2 will be coming back. down here we have no idea IF OR WHEN they will bring 360 to aus. but i do feel for the almost million people who have been affected by this. lets not forget the 100s of people who work on the tour.

Rumors are the 360 tour will be in NZ and Australia in February 2011.

OFFICIAL STATEMENT from THE CHURCH OF CHRIS MARTIN:

"We decry the fact that Coldplay has not taken the opportunity to return the favor U2 had shown them last summer when the Irish group lent Coldplay the 360 Tour Jet when C/P's own wheels conked out on them in Scandinavia.

Glasto's organzier got everyone in a tizzy when he proclaimed that "an English band" would be signed to pick up U2's slack on the Pyramid Stage. Everyone just-hopefully-assumed it would be our Marvelous 4! Not so!

I am of the understanding that C/P has already committed to Glasto 2011 and will be needing to promote their new "striped-down music that may suck," which will be out then, but this Glasto teasing has left The Church of Chris Martin heart-broken and annoyed.

I hereby pronounce a WRIT of DISPLEASURE with Coldplay's decision to pass on Glasto this year! They have sent our hearts souring on numerous occasions and one can only dream and hope that they would SAVE THE DAY at Glasto! The Church of Chris Martin would like to add that any appearance by Coldplay ANYWHERE is a divine thing and to thank C/P for the joy and solace they bring to a sinful world!" Greetings to our coldplaying.com brethren in Chris! Amen.