✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

U2

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The funny thing about "Stay" is it's such a simple sounding song, yet I listen to it over and over. I think it's the sound of The Edge's guitar during the verse and Bono's voice during the chorus. It has such an "artsy" feel to it.

How cool is it that the DVD is coming out right before the next leg of the tour? It will be an awesome chance to re-live the experience before going to see it again. And for those of us who had crummy seats (that's me), it will probably be better than the actual show.

Pretty clever marketing, I'm looking forward to the release.

Just was playing Stay (Far Away, So Close!) and it sounds so great! Going to try to play it w/ a full band or something.

One of my favourite U2 songs and songs of all time.

Good choice. I love the Zooropa/Pop era of U2. Easily, one of the most creative time periods of their career. It's a shame it was so under-rated at the time of release.

Completely agree, I love that whole trio of creative albums in the 90s. I think Bono's lyrics really improved during those years. Like Pop is a really really heavy album when you sit down and listen to what he is saying. Same with songs like Love is Blindness.

IIRC, Pop was a rush job as the promoters booked shows for the tour before the boys had finished doing the album. Would be good if they revisited Pop.

Yup, they had the tour designed and everything before the album came out. Kind of worked backwards which ended up rushing things and not leaving us with an album that never reached it's full potential.

There are always rumblings about the band re-recording Pop. Maybe they'll do it when they do collecter's sets for all the 90s albums :P

Might do, what album do you think will be next to get the collector's edition remastering?

If they're going to do it, most likely Achtung Baby. I am not sure this album needs remastering, though. With U2 remasters, I have a hard time telling the difference from the original. I guess I notice the difference most on Joshua Tree and certain parts of War. I have been very underwhelmed by the U2 remasters, especially when you compare them to the remasters of one of their contemporaries, The Police.

I think it's just an excuse to put the albums out again with some b-sides/remixes :)

I always just buy the albums (not the collector sets) and get excited to hear a new, better sound. Maybe it's a sharper guitar, a clearer/crisper drum, or a deeper/fuller bass. I just don't hear that in the U2 remasters, which bums me because I want them to be good.

I always just buy the albums (not the collector sets) and get excited to hear a new, better sound. Maybe it's a sharper guitar, a clearer/crisper drum, or a deeper/fuller bass. I just don't hear that in the U2 remasters, which bums me because I want them to be good.

The only re-master I bought was the Joshua Tree (I got the box set). I still haven't listened to them back to back to see the difference. I buy the stuff for the extras.

The only re-master I bought was the Joshua Tree (I got the box set). I still haven't listened to them back to back to see the difference. I buy the stuff for the extras.

I would like to buy the box sets, too, but that stuff gets expensive. Plus, I am an obsessive collector. I would never be able to buy just one album; I would have to buy them all in the exact same format.

I would like to buy the box sets, too, but that stuff gets expensive. Plus, I am an obsessive collector. I would never be able to buy just one album; I would have to buy them all in the exact same format.

I know what you mean haha.

With the Joshua Tree it is in a bigger box rather than a little cd sized box so I haven't been over tempted to get the other 4 collector sets.

Wasn't there like 6 versions of No Line available to buy?

Yeah, I know you could buy it as:

1. Regular CD

2. In a book

3. In a box set

4. On vinyl

I know there are more formats; those are just one's that I've seen and remember. I bought the vinyl and box set (I bought it cheap when Virgin Megastore was going out of business). By the way, the box set is a waste of money.

5 - CD+DVD

I got it for £2.50 when the local blockbusters was trying to get rid of a lot of CDs, they had planned on selling CDs in stores along side dvd rentals, but it backfired and they reduced the prices to 3 for £12 then to 4 for £10, and there was a lot of No Line albums