🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

U2

It looks like U2 are playing Kiss Me, Kill Me... or Ultraviolet as the first encore songs with the circle mic. I'm glad I'm going to two nights because I love both songs. Ultraviolet is a top 5 favorite U2 song for me, but Kiss Me, Kill Me... online clips look great. Like all U2 songs, they always sound better live.

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We got In a Little While too, but Bono picked the girl out of the crowd during Miss Sarajevo, it was a really beautiful moment!

Also, only just read your review (didn't want to before the show :P), great review. You got a really great spot on the second night, too!!

(edit: no wait, I stand corrected... he pulled her out during In a Little While but she stayed on stage for two songs)

I stayed at the second barrier for the concert, but I think that was probably the best area for me to be in anyway.

Some pics from my show (well, there would be more but my computer has decided it doesn't want to upload any more right now...):

img0844ul.jpg

img0855u.jpg

And the setlist:

1. Return Of The Stingray Guitar

2. Beautiful Day (+ snippet of Blackbird and She Loves You)

3. New Year's Day

4. Get On Your Boots

5. Magnificent

6. Mysterious Ways (+ snippet of Never Tear Us Appart)

7. Elevation (+ snippet of I Need You Tonight)

8. Until The End Of The World

9. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For

10. Mercy

11. Bad (+ snippet of In My Life and Instant Karma)

12. In A Little While

13. Miss Sarajevo

14. City Of Blinding Lights

15. Vertigo

16. I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight (Remix - so much better than the original!) (+Snippet of Relax)

17. Sunday Bloody Sunday

18. Scarlet

19. Walk On

20. One

21. Where The Streets Have No Name (+ snippet of Amazing Grace - do I need to add this was one of my favourite moments of the concert? :P)

22. Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me

23. With Or Without You

That is quite the setlist. Love it. I really hope to see Until the end of the world and In a little while.

I was listening to ATYCLB today. I don't know why they ever took any garbage for that album. It is such a great collection of songs. I love "When I Look at the World." I'm not sure why I like that song so much, but I do.

Agreed. When I Look at the World is one of my favourite U2 songs. Other than the big singles I never grow tired of that album. I've just heard Elevation 10 too many times.

Agreed. When I Look at the World is one of my favourite U2 songs. Other than the big singles I never grow tired of that album. I've just heard Elevation 10 too many times.

True, but I still love Elevation live. Like so many U2 songs, it takes on an entirely new life when played live.

WOW! what a night. what a band. what a stage!

:dance:

You had fun then! Of course you did :D

But yes, we all expect a bit of a better reflection from you :P

True, but I still love Elevation live. Like so many U2 songs, it takes on an entirely new life when played live.

This! All the songs they played were brilliant but Elevation seemed to take things to a whole new level. It was so much fun when they played it!

well worked at the show last night and was lucky enough to finish early and watch basically the entire show from one of the best seats in the house. so i'll post my reflections of both nights when i get some free time tonight.

but i will say one thing now. i did not want to leave my seat last night, i really wish that night could go on forever :(

well worked at the show last night and was lucky enough to finish early and watch basically the entire show from one of the best seats in the house. so i'll post my reflections of both nights when i get some free time tonight.

but i will say one thing now. i did not want to leave my seat last night, i really wish that night could go on forever :(

You got a great set list last night: Ultraviolet, Pride, New Years Day, and All I Want is You were not played the prior night and are all money songs.

ok as U2's australian tour comes to an end tonight in Perth i think ive delayed this for too long. so heres my review of their 2 night stay in sydney last week.

Night 1

well i rocked up at about 6-30pm met up with friends and headed straight into the stadium. i had a pretty good idea of what to expect when i walked in but the first time i saw the Claw i was blown away, it was much much bigger than i expected and possessed an incredible presence in an otherwise massive stadium. Jay-z strolled on stage to a fairly noisy reception after 7pm and tore into his set straight away. he gave us most of his big songs like Run this town. Big Pimpin, encore and so on but his great performance wasnt what i took away from the set. i now have a new found respect for the man. he sells out stadiums in the US, headlined glasto but he still has the humility to come down to australia (a market he has never truly broken) and play to a near empty stadium to people who dont enjoy that brand of music let alone his music during broad daylight and he did it all with a great big smile on his face. with that sort of attitude towards performing im not at all surprised he has been so incredibly successful.

now moving on to U2. i really enjoyed how they sort of strutted around the stage for a few minutes and got the crowd pumped before launching into the first song which just happened to be Beautiful Day. they then did I Will Follow to perfection. by the time they go to Elevation about 30mins into the show Bono's body language was starting to show that he was a little disappointed at the lack of crowd participation, at one point commenting "does this feel like a Monday night?" and he was completely right. i couldnt believe that the opening riffs to beautiful day and mysterious ways were met with muted responses, nobody chanted the opening bits of Elevation and basically every new song just fell flat.

the setlist was brilliant in my opinion with a healthy chunk of All That You Cant.... played and Bad mixed in with a few INXS classics. on the other hand the sound was atrocious but to no fault of the band, the stadium just isnt made for live music. like i said before the crowd was shit making it really hard for the band. but Bono and The Edge gave us everything they had and i really appreciated that. im not sure if i can say it is easily the best show ive ever seen but it was bloody good.

Night 2

i worked the merch and program stands from 4 to 9 at this show. after cashing up and getting my all access wristband i went and found the best seat i possibly could. at that point they had already played New Years Day and Beautiful Day with Sgt Peppers outro. the setlist was fairly predictable until Bono launched into a monologue about their Lovetown tour and then got into All I Want Is You which made my jaw drop, it is easily one of my all time favourite songs and i never expected them to play it in sydney, i later found out that was the first time they had played it on this tour. they went onto play Pride and Love Rescue Me from the rattle & hum album. the rest of the set was quite predictable aside from Ultra Violet. sitting in my $200 dollar seat i realised why the seated tickets were so much more expensive than the pit tickets, the experience was far more enjoyable from the stands than in the pit. standing on the floor i felt some what distant from the spaceship/stage but in my seat i could appreciate everything that was happening in front of me.

sadly, ticket sales for the 2nd night were extremely poor, my supervisor told me in the morning that they were expecting less than 40 000 down from close to 80 000 the night before. but through the day i heard a lot of talk about people having the promoters coming in to their workplace and handing out 50 -100 free tickets at a time. so by the time U2 started the stadium was near capacity.

overall it was a wonderful experience and i feel as though i was a part of this 360 tour in some way through working the merch stands. at the end of the 2nd night i really did not want to leave my seat and felt a sense of sadness go through me knowing that it will be a long time before i see another show this huge.

Nice review! :nice: I'm glad to hear you had such a great time!

This! :thumbsup:

wow what an awesome review. I'm glad that you had such a great time :p

thanks for the positive feedback guys. sorry it was so long but i spent about 12hrs at the venue so it was hard to compress it down to a short summary.