✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

U2

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest howyousawtheworld

That was fantastic. Bono's voice sounded incredible! I was so immersed in their setlist that my brother say 'hey they didn't play City of Blinding Lights!'. I was shocked! How could they?! Still if it was in the setlist it'd be a bonus because it was fucking fantastic. Their Achtung Baby start was phenomenal (especially The Fly and Until The End Of The World which still sounds as epic as it has ever done) and With Or Without You was just spine tingling.

Over to you Coldplay.

p.s PolarMonkey - Jo Whiley is about as big a Coldplay fangirl as you will get! She was the one along with Steve Lamacq who made them noticed over a decade ago.

p.p.s - Primal Scream look an absolute fucking state

I've followed U2 on and off for about twenty five years...thought it was a bit lame, but things don't always carry properly on TV :\

neither is Jo Whiley, from what i recall. she's mentioned on Never Mind The Buzzcocks that she can't stand Coldplay. but i guess she had to compensate for Zane's lack of enthusiasm. heh :P

She was joking about Coldplay ;)

p.s PolarMonkey - Jo Whiley is about as big a Coldplay fangirl as you will get! She was the one along with Steve Lamacq who made them noticed over a decade ago.

ugh! that's just plain confusing then! so she was just joking to go along with the crowd/team sentiment on the show? :confused:

ugh! that's just plain confusing then! so she was just joking to go along with the crowd/team sentiment on the show? :confused:

No. She was joking AGAINST the team. It's irony (very British). They knew she adores Coldplay. That was the joke.

Guest howyousawtheworld

No it's just because loads of people know of her affection towards Coldplay so she was just playing with them.

Also loved Bono's rendition of Jerusalem just before Streets. He knows his hymns and the legend of that place. Epic set - but that's really the least you'd expect from them really.

The Achtung Baby set at the start was absolutely fantastic, after that it was still really good but didn't live up to the first five songs. I'd rate it 8/10, but if I were there I'd have probably thought it was sensational. The energy was definitely there throughout.

Guest Osaka Sun

Just appalled at the Twitter feed for U2 right now. :dozey:

We know Bono has a bit of an ego, just don't get into a big deal over it.

Guest howyousawtheworld
Just appalled at the Twitter feed for U2 right now. :dozey:

We know Bono has a bit of an ego, just don't get into a big crap about it.

They're just upset ******s who didn't see a protest. Protesters were battered down by U2 fans and security almost instantly.

Guest Osaka Sun

Even I don't agree with U2 on the tax thing...oh well, it's Glastonbury. :shrug:

The gig was great though. Missed half of it live but I'm listening to the rest now. Just regret that some of their more-played songs (Magnificent, COBL, Zooropa) during the 360 Tour didn't get on the setlist.