✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

U2

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

U2 was my favorite band until recently. I'd say Coldplay is 1 and U2 is 1a. They are the only two bands I would (and have travelled cross country to see.

In 2005, I stood outside in Cleveland for a GA spot by the stage. -17 that day. We were in line from about 2am until 6:30 the next day. Shook Bono's hand from the stage. Awesome!!!

These days I feel the same connection with Coldplay. During the last tour in Chicago, Chris tried to play Amsterdam because a fan requested it. U2 every so often brings a fan on stage to play a song. It's that connection with fans that makes it special for me.

Chris seems so genuine and humble. Hope they stay around for a long long time.

maybe U2 has gained a little bit of influence from Coldplay during their time off, however as a whole, U2 is their own entity, and I would never compare the sound of both bands together because they really are quite different despite how Brian Eno has influenced both bands. U2 also has the work of Danny Lanois, who is quite brilliant.

U2 has longevity. Coldplay does in this modern sense, but considering U2 has been around since '78 constantly making new, innovative and creative music, they still beat out Coldplay for me...

U2 has longevity. Coldplay does in this modern sense, but considering U2 has been around since '78 constantly making new, innovative and creative music, they still beat out Coldplay for me...

There is no question about that!

Plz give the Some u2 best songs name to me. I love With or Without you song and I have only 2 song of u2!

Two Shots of Happy, One Shot of Sad

Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses

Where The Streets Have No Name

Heartland

Angel of Harlem

New Year's Day

Stories for Boys

A Day Without Me

Moment of Surrender

Stay (Faraway, So Close!)

Lemon

Wake Up Dead Man

If God Will Send His Angels

The Unforgettable Fire

Acrobat

All I Want Is You

Love is Blindness

New York

Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own

Window in the Skies

Original of the Species

Falling at Your Feet

Plz give the Some u2 best songs name to me. I love With or Without you song and I have only 2 song of u2!

You want some of the best U2 songs? I'll give you a couple from each album to get you started:

Out of Control, I Will Follow, Gloria, Scarlet, Sunday Bloody Sunday, New Years Day, Pride, Bad, Where the Streets Have No Name, Bullet the Blue Sky, Desire, All I Want Is You, The Fly, Love Is Blindness, Zooropa, Stay, Discotheque, Staring at the Sun, Beautiful Day, Walk On, City of Blinding Lights, Miracle Drug, Magnificent, Moment of Surrender.

They also have a couple of Best Of albums which might be some help too!

• 3 months later...

Glad the album is likely to be delayed until next year. The two new songs are so dull and predictable. I think it maybe time for U2 to do a REM.

Take some risks U2!!!!...like the old days. Forget about trying to be the biggest band in the world, make the music you want to make and not what you feel most of the public will like.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

voted in AB, TJT and ATYCLB are on my top 3 albums of U2.

I think LP 13 will be out by Christmas, hoping that it's not as bad as NLOTH

I really love Invisible but not the biggest fan of OL. The lyrics are too meh.

OL bored me after a couple listenings, great for movie soundtrack not worth to be on this new album.

voted in AB, TJT and ATYCLB are on my top 3 albums of U2.

I think LP 13 will be out by Christmas, hoping that it's not as bad as NLOTH

OL bored me after a couple listenings, great for movie soundtrack not worth to be on this new album.

I think it'll be out next April. I feel like I'm one of the minority who love No Line.

The Paul Epworth remix of OL is much better. Glad it's not gonna be on the album though.

I think Coldplay will release something new even before U2's new album.

Yep. I do too. U2's album better be good, lol, it would be funny and sad if the new album was terrible. (Just sad actually) I think it'll be fine, I'm waiting for the day they'll announced it....

And OL and invisible were nice reminders that u2 were still out there, but they have just disappeared since the oscars. I think OL is amazing and Invisible is..okay I guess, not bad. Good enough to be on my iPod.