✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

U2

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...
I've heard that the new album has the working title '10 Reasons To Exist' and they are aiming for a September 2013 release date :) (I don't know if this is old news though)

Found it: http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2013/jan/17/u2-working-title-new-album

Yeah...not sure if it's true either. Bono could have been half kidding around during the interview...that's what I heard.

Don't believe anything until we officially see it.

The word on the street straight from their guitar tech, Dallas Schoo, said that...

"...there will be a new u2 album before the end of the year...Dangermouse is really pushing Bono."

• 3 weeks later...

I've recently been really liking the song Zooropa. It's a shame they never played it in full on the Zoo TV tour (They only played half of it at 3 concerts). I think it would have been a great Mr MacPhisto song. The 360 tour version is amazing though!

I've recently been really liking the song Zooropa. It's a shame they never played it in full on the Zoo TV tour (They only played half of it at 3 concerts). I think it would have been a great Mr MacPhisto song. The 360 tour version is amazing though!

The 360 tour was amazing! I saw 6 shows ;)

Hey, remember that new U2 album that was supposed to come out in 2010, that got pushed back to 2011, that got pushed back to 2012, that got pushed back to 2013, that probably will come out in 2020 at the earliest? :P

Hey, remember that new U2 album that was supposed to come out in 2010, that got pushed back to 2011, that got pushed back to 2012, that got pushed back to 2013, that probably will come out in 2020 at the earliest? :P

Well, Larry said September 2013. And when Larry talks, he means business. He doesn't powder puff things like Bono does. So I believe Larry 100%. I mean shoot...it's really the Larry Mullen Band...not U2 ;) :P

Guest howyousawtheworld

One of my all time favourite U2 songs. U2 should dip back into their back catalogue more. Songs like that and The Unforgettable Fire really did suit the setup of 360 less so songs like that gash remix of Even Better Than The Real Thing (why did they need to change from the original?). Definitely there Glastonbury show from two years back could have benefited from songs like The Unforgettable Fire A Sort of Homecoming and New Years Day. Could have added a couple more acoustics in there like Wake Up Dead Man. It's absolutely criminal that they never play A Sort of Homecoming though. That is one of the most magical and spiritual songs I have ever heard. For me, that song defines U2 perfectly in my ears.

I've been struggling to make a perfect U2 setlist for a while now, as their back catalogue is so full of classic songs it's just impossible to fit them all into a reasonable length setlist. So I came up with the idea to make two setlists for the two different 'eras' of U2's career. I'd like to know what people think of these?

1980-1990 U2:

I Will Follow

Gloria

A Sort of Homecoming

Pride (In the Name of Love)

New Year's Day

I Threw a Brick Through a Window

The Unforgettable Fire

I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For

One Tree Hill

Van Diemen's Land

Desire

Angel of Harlem

Bad

Sunday Bloody Sunday

Bullet the Blue Sky

Running to Stand Still

MLK

Where the Streets Have No Name

Drowning Man

All I Want Is You

The Electric Co.

With or Without You

Out of Control

1991-2009 U2:

Zoo Station

The Fly

Until the End of the World

Mysterious Ways

Beautiful Day

Elevation

Magnificent

Sometimes You Can't Make It on Your Own

Kite

Stay (Faraway, So Close!)

Staring at the Sun

Original of the Species

Zooropa

No Line on the Horizon

Unknown Caller

One

Walk On

Discotheque

City of Blinding Lights

Vertigo

Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me

Lemon

Moment of Surrender

Love Is Blindness

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I've been struggling to make a perfect U2 setlist for a while now, as their back catalogue is so full of classic songs it's just impossible to fit them all into a reasonable length setlist. So I came up with the idea to make two setlists for the two different 'eras' of U2's career. I'd like to know what people think of these?

1980-1990 U2:

I Will Follow

Gloria

A Sort of Homecoming

Pride (In the Name of Love)

New Year's Day

I Threw a Brick Through a Window

The Unforgettable Fire

I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For

One Tree Hill

Van Diemen's Land

Desire

Angel of Harlem

Bad

Sunday Bloody Sunday

Bullet the Blue Sky

Running to Stand Still

MLK

Where the Streets Have No Name

Drowning Man

All I Want Is You

The Electric Co.

With or Without You

Out of Control

1991-2009 U2:

Zoo Station

The Fly

Until the End of the World

Mysterious Ways

Beautiful Day

Elevation

Magnificent

Sometimes You Can't Make It on Your Own

Kite

Stay (Faraway, So Close!)

Staring at the Sun

Original of the Species

Zooropa

No Line on the Horizon

Unknown Caller

One

Walk On

Discotheque

City of Blinding Lights

Vertigo

Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me

Lemon

Moment of Surrender

Love Is Blindness

pretty good. although as you said there are too many great songs to cram into one setlist

Chris Martin seen in the studio with U2...I'm sure he's just visiting, learning from the Masters ;)

http://www.atu2.com/news/u2-in-nyc-2-entire-band-with-guitars-chris-martin--more.html

indeed learning from the masters. what the hell is danger mouse doing working with U2?! never expected it

Guest howyousawtheworld
pretty good. although as you said there are too many great songs to cram into one setlist

indeed learning from the masters. what the hell is danger mouse doing working with U2?! never expected it

Really looking forward to see how the results turn out with Danger Mouse. Completely new rather than the old trodden path of Eno, Lanois, Lillywhite and Flood. Demon Days by Gorillaz (produced by DM) is still one of my favourite albums so really looking forward to it.

Really looking forward to see how the results turn out with Danger Mouse. Completely new rather than the old trodden path of Eno, Lanois, Lillywhite and Flood. Demon Days by Gorillaz (produced by DM) is still one of my favourite albums so really looking forward to it.

oh yeah not questioning his genius. just what U2 needed. im really excited and i hope they come up with something drastically different.

• 2 weeks later...
Andi;5549188']

According to this website Chris Martin will appear on the new album of U2. :cool:

That page translated to english is quite funny :laugh3:

Hmmm, Chris has done guest vocals on quite a few artists' songs in the past, it will be interesting to see what a collaboration with such a huge band as U2 would sound like!

Rumors and facts about the new U2 album

U135P200T1D223122F8DT20090304025903.jpg

"The rumor is the prelude to the story" or so they say. These days many comments have come from various sources, more or less contrasted about recording or mixing U2 is performing at Electric Lady Studios in New York.

Last week came rumors about "Listening Parties" or invitations to listen to new songs by U2 acquaintances and fans in New York. Steve Lillywhite and confirmed it on twitter, but did not dare to assess the songs because according to him were "unfinished".

In this day Interference rumors have appeared about a person who was in one of those auditions and could score provisional title for the new album and tracklist. There is a proven source, it comes from a friend of a friend .. so it is not proven. In any case let's record it:

U2 Manhattan

U2 New Album Title: Manhattan

Tracklist:

01 - Skyline *

02 - Every Breaking Wave

03 - World Press II

04 - Everybody Knows Who I Like

05 - North Star

06 - Black Pictures

07 - Morleigh's Song **

08 - You

09 - Nobody Island

10 - Fresh and Furious

11 - Earth 2030 ***

* Skyline (first single) ** Morleigh Song (Sung by The Edge) *** Earth 2030 (Collaboration with Chris Martin)

It has also been speculated to be another video clip recording with one of the new songs on the roof of the Electric Lady Studios ..

Then comes the reality, which is that today there is no official source to confirm the release of the new album. Surely all obey a strategy to try to surprise fans and the general public (in the style that made David Bowie).

What is happening with breaks quite what U2 has done on previous albums. By now we should have had news about photo sessions for the disc image, theft of models .. although we are having signs and rumors ..