✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

U2

Guest howyousawtheworld
[/size]

U135P200T1D223122F8DT20090304025903.jpg

"The rumor is the prelude to the story" or so they say. These days many comments have come from various sources, more or less contrasted about recording or mixing U2 is performing at Electric Lady Studios in New York.

Last week came rumors about "Listening Parties" or invitations to listen to new songs by U2 acquaintances and fans in New York. Steve Lillywhite and confirmed it on twitter, but did not dare to assess the songs because according to him were "unfinished".

In this day Interference rumors have appeared about a person who was in one of those auditions and could score provisional title for the new album and tracklist. There is a proven source, it comes from a friend of a friend .. so it is not proven. In any case let's record it:

U2 Manhattan

U2 New Album Title: Manhattan

Tracklist:

01 - Skyline *

02 - Every Breaking Wave

03 - World Press II

04 - Everybody Knows Who I Like

05 - North Star

06 - Black Pictures

07 - Morleigh's Song **

08 - You

09 - Nobody Island

10 - Fresh and Furious

11 - Earth 2030 ***

* Skyline (first single) ** Morleigh Song (Sung by The Edge) *** Earth 2030 (Collaboration with Chris Martin)

It has also been speculated to be another video clip recording with one of the new songs on the roof of the Electric Lady Studios ..

Then comes the reality, which is that today there is no official source to confirm the release of the new album. Surely all obey a strategy to try to surprise fans and the general public (in the style that made David Bowie).

What is happening with breaks quite what U2 has done on previous albums. By now we should have had news about photo sessions for the disc image, theft of models .. although we are having signs and rumors ..

Erm where's the source/forum link from Interference for this?

Also if anyone's interested here's an interview with Bono on his beliefs and his life from Gay Byrne's interview series The Meaning of Life from last week.

http://www.rte.ie/player/gb/show/10160091/

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Random question: does it bother anyone else that "Exit" is the second to last song on "the Joshua Tree" and not the last? Maybe it's just me being OCD

It doesn't bother me. I think MOTD is a good album closer. But hey it's what you think.

• 1 month later...
New album doesn't look like it will be out til 2014 :(

Yeah no shit. Has it really been 5 years already? But that's ok if it means something totally different is coming.

I haven't posted for a long time here, I don't really like their 00s stuff so much anymore.

• 1 month later...

There are some news about the new album:

http://www.u2valencia.com/web/noticias-u2/u2-ya-prepara-el-lanzamiento-del-nuevo-disco-con-una-sesion-fotografica-en-ny

Translation: Finally! Good news! U2 has completed at least 2 photo shoots in New York ahead of the upcoming new album promotion.

On Tuesday were within the Milano's Bar, and recently have been on a roof taking photographs that theoretically could be aimed at promoting the new album.

Finally, the 4 members of U2 back together, we hope that this time is short to finalize and announce the new U2 album!

http://jenesaispop.com/2013/10/16/u2-terminaran-su-disco-en-noviembre/

Translation: Four years after ' No Line On The Horizon' still no concrete news about the release of its continuation despite numerous rumors , including the collaboration of Danger Mouse, Island 's request he managed a pair of determined singles, the huge amount of material candidate for three discs or deadlines were not met at all.

Their supporters hope that it doesn't be released after 2014 and that is something that Adam Clayton has confirmed in an interview, stating that recording will end in November. He described the new songs: "I think it's a bit like a return to the old U2, but since U2 maturity of the last 10 years. It is a combination of two things and it's a really interesting hybrid. We are in the studio. We're trying to make these 12 songs perfect and that we can finish by the end of November, so we can enjoy Christmas. We always try to do something different when we are in the studio, but are the fans who finally decide". Will this be the final time after hearing various edition dates from 2010?

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.u2valencia.com/web/noticias-u2/u2-realiza-una-nueva-sesion-de-fotos-con-video-incluido-en-bray

Translation: After the photo shoot that took place last weekend, they have been seen this afternoon at the beach in Bray doing a new session with video included. During the session Bono has used two types of sunglasses, RayBan for photos and for the video the new model that appeared during the photo shoots in New York. Both the video and some photos have been useful to see the band with their instruments, Larry battery minimized.

Bray is a town near Killeny where Bono and Edge have their residences, even Bono himself lived with Ali in their first years of marriage in this beautiful town in the south Dublin area, specifically did it in a Martello Tower.

Guest howyousawtheworld
Ironically enough i dont like Ordinary Love simply because it's indeed so 'ordinary', nothing special..

You can tell that from a 40 second clip?

• 2 weeks later...

The new U2-song Ordinary Love

Just heard the new U2-song Ordinary Love and my first thought was "this sounds a lot like Coldplay!". I´m no musical genius so could be so wrong, but at U2´s Facebook-page some guy had the exact same thought so perhaps I´m not that far off? What do you think? Could it be that U2 is influenced by Coldplay?

Just heard the new U2-song Ordinary Love and my first thought was "this sounds a lot like Coldplay!". I´m no musical genius so could be so wrong, but at U2´s Facebook-page some guy had the exact same thought so perhaps I´m not that far off? What do you think? Could it be that U2 is influenced by Coldplay?

Threads merged

: )

I listened to the preview from the Mandela - Long Walk to Freedom trailer. It does sound a bit more playful but I can't hear a possible Coldplay influence.

edit: just found the full version and I kinda see where you're coming from.

Well, it doesn't sound exactly like Coldplay (of course not, they have a very specific sound in my opinion) but still more like Coldplay than I had expected ;) Some sounds - hard to tell what when you don't know how to explain music... But over all I was just surprised. I guess I have some kind of picture in my head of how U2 "should" sound and then I spontaneously thought this didn't sound like that... :D I like the song. And I guess, the more I listen to it, the less it sounds like Coldplay. Probably just a first impression...