The Pink Floyd Thread

Jacob

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 weeks later...

Possibly the greatest solo ever...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWnapx502uQ]YouTube - Pink Floyd - Comfortably Numb Pulse 1994 (Live)[/ame]

Well-timed bump too, I relistened to Dark Side of the Moon yesterday and enjoyed it much more than the first couple times around. Us & Them is easily my fave.

personally i'm not a huge fan of Dark Side its well down on my list of fave Pink Floyd albums. i would go as far as to say that its a little overrated :o i understand that that word is a little taboo around here nowadays hehe.

There's some truth to that, It seems like the poster is more popular than the actual music in the album. But I think its still really exceptional.

Yeah one of my friends is a big fan of them, and for some odd reason she thinks I dont like them.. which isnt true, I just dont really know their music that well. But, what i have heard I do like.

It bugs me however when people wear pinkfloyd t-shirts, but only know a fewsongs*trust me theres people out there like that* maybe im stupid for it bugging me, cuz im nowhwere near being a pink floyd fan myself.. so why let the lil things bug me.

*I like goodbye blue sky*- The first time I heard it was when I watched the movie the wall, though I didnt see the whole film

ok ladies take my hand and i'll show down this path of psychadelic prog rock

best place to start is Dark Side of the Moon. start to finish!! there is only one way to appreciate these guys and that is listening to their albums in full.

from there you can either listen to The Wall or Wish You Were Here both very accessible and brilliant. stand out tracks like Run Like Hell and Mother and shitloads of other across both records.

strawberryfields, pink floyd wont be too much of a shock to your system as you've listened to a fair bit of sigur ros.

My ranking of the albums (from greatest to least):

1. Animals

2. Wish You Were Here

3. The Wall

4. Dark Side Of The Moon

5. Meddle

6. Atom Heart Mother

7. A Saucerful Of Secrets

8. A Momentary Lapse Of Reason

9. The Division Bell

10.The Piper At The Gates Of Dawn

11.Obscured By Clouds

12.More

13.Ummagumma

14.The Final Cut

My ranking of the albums (from greatest to least):

1. Animals

2. Wish You Were Here

3. The Wall

4. Dark Side Of The Moon

5. Meddle

6. Atom Heart Mother

7. A Saucerful Of Secrets

8. A Momentary Lapse Of Reason

9. The Division Bell

10.The Piper At The Gates Of Dawn

11.Obscured By Clouds

12.More

13.Ummagumma

14.The Final Cut

is that the order in which you like them while your high or while your sober? makes a very significant difference when ur talking about floyd