✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Pink Floyd Thread

Jacob

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok ladies take my hand and i'll show down this path of psychadelic prog rock

best place to start is Dark Side of the Moon. start to finish!! there is only one way to appreciate these guys and that is listening to their albums in full.

from there you can either listen to The Wall or Wish You Were Here both very accessible and brilliant. stand out tracks like Run Like Hell and Mother and shitloads of other across both records.

strawberryfields, pink floyd wont be too much of a shock to your system as you've listened to a fair bit of sigur ros.

Woo, thank you. I listened to both discs of Echoes (their greatest hits) today, just because I asked my mom about Pink Floyd and that's the CD she handed me. :lol: I do want to get my hands on their other albums though, especially Dark Side of the Moon! And I'm glad to hear Pink Floyd are slightly similar to Sigur Ros. I kind of gathered that from some of the songs I listened to today; they have this awesome unique style that's not too weird and still has some mainstream poppy rock stuff in it.

just watched pink floyd's last ever performance which they did at Live8 in 2005. i stayed up all night listening to the broadcast of that show and it was the first time i had never heard a pink floyd song and it instanteously changed my view on music and i havent looked back since. it saddens me to think that i will never get to see the 4 of them perform together since Rick Wright passed away. maybe one day i might be lucky enough to see one of their solo shows.

Yeah Richard Wright was a hell of a man. He's my favourite member of this favourite band of mine, hence the most important musician of the 20th century to me. I love everything he wrote on his own, from Remember A Day to Breakthrough (solo work), including for example Summer 68 and The Great Gig In The Sky. He also co-wrote A Saucerful Of Secrets, Atom Heart Mother, Echoes, Time and Shine On You Crazy Diamond ! Holy four-letter word !

I really like Roger Waters myself, I saw him live back in 2006 and he did all of Dark Side live... unbelievable! I was disappointed to find out that he lip synched a few songs during that show (Sheep, Have A Cigar). I'd love to see floyd live, but with Wright gone, that happening is close to zero

Ditto on Atom Heart Mother. In general, my fave album is DSOTM and my fave song is Echoes, but there are times when I'm in the mood for Atom Heart, and at these times, my God, it's just the most powerful music ever recorded !!

This record has to be the most magical piece I've ever known.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...