✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Pink Floyd Thread

Jacob

great band. one of my favorites right behind Beatles, Radiohead, and Beck. favorite albums change all the time. I think though that DSOTM is their best work, and the peak of their creativity. I wasn't around when it came out but from my dad it was a land-mark album so i pick it as their best album. However I have favorite albums by them. My top would be DSOTM, Meddle, The Wall, Animals, and Atom Heart Mother (one of the most underrated/underappreciated albums ever)

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nothing but a quadruple post does justice to this legendary band. I've only heard the albums post-Meddle. and every single one of the them is incredible. nothing beats a good 24min track like Echoes haha.

oh yeah, echoes is probably my favorite floyd song... just an epic song. You should check out Atom Heart Mother though... really good, especially the title track which is like echoes in that it's really a long song, like 20 something minutes

Has anyone seen the movie for The Wall? is it good? disgusting?

i saw it. it's a bit weird and also quite depressing. I was i guess sort of expecting a lot and became disappointed. That was like 2 years ago though. I'd like to see it again, I think I'd have a greater appreciation for it now (especially after seeing more Kubrick Films)

• 1 month later...

Pink Floyd?

Hey, just wondering what you all's feelings are on Pink Floyd here. Some Coldplay fans over here in Virginia don't like Pink Floyd at all and most Pink Floyd fans I know don't even listen to/know what Coldplay is.

What do you all think?

I am a Pink Floyd fan since I was ten ot twelve. My favorite albums are "Dark Side .." (I love Brain Damage) and the not so popular soundtrack "More", a mainly instrumental album. And, of course,"The Wall" is a masterpiece on its own.