✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The official Gorillaz Thread

crackerjack

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes it is. Don't worry I'm sure it will be ripped for us in a matter of a few min. It's still very generous of them. Wondering how Damon even got EMI and all them to let him release it for free to just the fanclub.

You did. The rest of us will get a stream of the record. I'm pretty sure somebody in the Sub-Div will share the download link in less than 15 seconds (i am that confident xD)

Phew. And I'm sure Damon knows that it will be shared around...

Speaking of....

I think this is an extended interview from the first one. Anyway he says himself that it is available for the fan club but he hopes that it gets put on the internet for all right away lol.

He also mentions some cute things about Graham lsdjfowuroiwerj :heart::heart:

http://www.3news.co.nz/Damon-Albarn-Gorillaz-interview/tabid/312/articleID/192065/Default.aspx

Nice techno dance tune, I enjoyed that a lot.

But I don't think we should expect anything too complicated, I mean it was all made on JUST an ipad, so the songs are gonna be quite a bit simple.

Exactly-I'm sitting here scratching my head at the peeps who are picking it apart and again, come with high expectations. Damon is experimenting with his amazing creativity and is generous enough to share it with his supporters for FREE. Seriously people need to stop with this 'entitlement' mentality.

I don't know if it's true but on the video of the song it said that if you go on the advent calender on an iPad you can listen to it already... Not sure how that would work though :P But the recording I heard was bad quality and through laptop speakers but when Damon is involved it is bound to be amazing :D Also D12 are supposed to be on the album, hoping for something similar to their last collaboration :)

God, I've been neglecting this site so much!

TONIGHT WAS FRIGGING AMAZING!! :bomb: :bomb: :bomb:

Of course, I wasn't expecting anything else :lol:

I'll be back in the next couple of days with a proper review, but I had SUCH an amazing time!! Didn't get to meet any members of the band (not for lack of trying!) but I don't really mind because a couple of other amazing things happened :wacky:

I'm soo glad you had such a great time Graceful. Can't wait to read your full review!!

THERE IS A SONG CALLED DETROIT LSDJFOUWEORUEW I'M GONNA GO DIE THAT'S MYYYY SHOW!!!

Whoop whoop!!!!!

Spent 1 hr listening to Plastic Beach. Me likey.

Yaaaay!!! :bomb:

I'm excited for this disc-even with the unfortunate miscommunication surrounding who gets it for free. I honestly don't blame the guys, I'm sure this is all on the media yet again. And I know people have been bagging on them for it (not here of course)-and I basically have to tell them to suck it up-I've never seen a band give of themselves so freely to their fans and not ask for $$$ in return (and on top of that-they gave us FREE FACETIME on this tour-and NOT just 'love ya kiss kiss gotta go', they totally gave of themselves. I myself just missed meeting Damon and I'm grateful for all that happened and wouldn't trade it for anything). It just sucks when they give us fans all this amazing attention and some just get greedy and their expectations go out the window. I think its awesome what they're doing for the SD and honestly to make it exclusive for those guys like that makes sense-especially when they've experienced messups within the club (Jamie even gave a heartfelt apology when something that was promised to them couldn't be delivered). These guys have been nothing but friggin' awesome to us. :heart:

100% this. I understand why they're giving it to the Sub-divs first. It's just curtesy, but Damon has said that he hopes they share, and I'm sure they will. They're giving this album to us free because they want to share the music with us. They are being so generous.

^On this tour, please :nice:

^THIS!

It's midnight and Christmas Eve in London right now, so here we go our first pressie :wacky:

:bomb: niceeee tune.

I reaaaaallly like this. A lot. I cannot wait!!! :bomb:

Well I guess it's about time I reviewed the show I saw a couple of weeks back. Of course, the boys were over here at the end of their Plastic Beach tour and Melbourne was the first city show in Australia EVER for the band! (This night was a couple before Grace's show).

WHAT A SHOW! My December included concerts like U2 and Muse, plus I had seen over 30 concerts this year but this was hands down the most unique, imaginative and fun musical experience I've had all year! I loved every minute of it. We didn't line up, arrived about an hour after doors closed but still managed to get a standing spot in the front middle portion of the crowd. Plus this was my first time standing at an arena show, which of course, shits on having a seat!! Although the great thing about this crowd was that Damon had pretty much everyone out of their seats and dancing, nothing I have seen before at that venue. Even Coldplay couldn't get that from a crowd at the same venue. There was a great mixture of people there too, plenty of 'older' Blur fans keen to see Damon but also young kids who loved Gorillaz.

The set up of this tour is incredible. It's like a cinematic experience with an entire orchestra bringing the music and video to life. The band got rapturous applause (well deserved considering we'd been waiting 9 years for a tour) and it never ceased. The video of the cartoon band locked in their dressing room was clever, and the video of Snoop pretty much 'introducing' the show with Welcome to the world of the plastic beach was easily a highlight that had everyone rocking. Last living souls and 19/2000 were enjoyed but it seemed obvious that a large contingent of the crowd were popular fans of the more recent Gorillaz material, and also, the hit singles from 'Plastic Beach'. Damon is in his element on this tour. You can tell, controlling an orchestra of performers, reserving himself at times behind keys and piano before exploding back onto center stage for a mad sing-a-long with the crowd in what appear to be his favourite hits. Stylo received an incredible appreciation from the crowd. It's such a great song, and the addition of Bobby Womack in the verses really let this song shine in the live setting. Probably up there with one of my favourite live renditions of any studio track this year. On meloncholy hill sounded a bit flat, but this didn't stop me from enthusiastically singing along to what is one of my favourite tracks of the year. Other favourite and popular Plastic Beach tracks Rhinestone eyes and Superfast jellyfish sounded great brought to life on stage and really enforced Alban's new material as both boundary-pushing but also incredibly entertaining. Having De La Soul controlling a crowd was an amazing experience.

Empire ants slowed things up a bit before the electronic kicker came in halfway through the song and sent the crowd into a frenzy. Damon introduced the Arabic orchestra (forgotten the full name) and we were treated to their performance which the crowd lapped up before tearing into Broken (which was evident Damon really liked off the new record, singing with gusto). Little Dragon was brought back out after an early support slot performance for Empire Ants but also the delicate duet To Binge which had everyone swooning. Old favourites El Manana and Dirty Harry gave the crowd time reminisce about the brilliance of 'Demon Days' but also to enjoy the impressive visuals Hewlett had made to accompany these tracks on the giant screen. White Flag gave Damon more opportunity to act like a crazed nut (which we love), running around stage with, of course, a giant white flag. My mate and I just looked at each other and shook our heads in amazement because we both know whatever this guy does, however different it is from mainstream, it is well loved, and hands-down brilliant. This was exhibited later in the main-set closer Plastic Beach which had Damon running to all corners of the stage like a madman. It was an immense highlight. An obvious crowd highlight was the epic DARE - of which it was crea a large proportion of the crowd were just HANGING out for. The place erupted. This was the place to be.

The encore break gave us both more time to appreciate the visuals on the big screen but also voice our appreciation for what was turning out to be the best live show I had seen this year. Bobby Womack (bless his soul) came back out for the angelic Cloud of unknowing, exclaiming that he'd sung a lot of songs in his time but this was hands-down his "favourite of them all". Right on queue the mood changed rapidly with none other than Feel Good Inc. Place sent into hysterics. And of course that continued with Clint Eastwood. NOW nobody was going home unhappy or anything short of amazed. Damon brought Jamie Hewlett out on stage before he ducked backstage again, giving him the opportunity to thank him for his input before Hewlett headed back to London the next day. It was a brief appearance but we voiced our appreciation! Unusually the night closed with the two album closers from 'Demon Days' - Don't Get Lost In Heaven and Demon Days. I'm pretty sure everyone still would have left amazed if the night had ended with Clint Eastwood.

Seriously, I left amazed. They had put on a better show than I had seen at U2 last week. I think it's because we had waited 9 years for the band to tour and it was definitely worth the wait. It was special to experience something so unique and fun but also to witness Damon in his craft was just magical. Definitely an experience I will never forget. If anything I would have loved to see Doncamatic played live with Daley but also Kids With Guns wasn't played! One of my favourite tracks too! I got a couple of pics with my iPhone... they turned out ok:

164702_486409012384_586672384_6314467_6256686_n.jpg

163021_486409797384_586672384_6314483_1262341_n.jpg

63901_480516922384_586672384_6221558_8124358_n.jpg

156756_486410182384_586672384_6314492_3053276_n.jpg

Setlist:

Orchestral Intro

Welcome to the World of the Plastic Beach

Last Living Souls

19/2000 (with Rosie Wilson)

Stylo (with Bobby Womack)

On Melancholy Hill

Rhinestone Eyes

Superfast Jellyfish (with De La Soul)

Tomorrow Comes Today

Empire Ants (with Little Dragon)

Broken

Dirty Harry (with Bootie Brown)

El Mañana White Flag (with Bashy and Kano)

To Binge (with Little Dragon)

DARE (with Rosie Wilson)

Glitter Freeze

Punk

Plastic Beach

Encore:

Cloud of Unknowing (with Bobby Womack)

Feel Good Inc. (with De La Soul)

Clint Eastwood (with Bashy and Kano)

Don't Get Lost In Heaven

Demon Days