✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The official Gorillaz Thread

crackerjack

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really don't understand fans who do that. I mean, why are they fans in the first place? Not everyone is going to like everything a band does, but to be constantly abusive or bitchy... I just don't understand it. I really don't.

It's true. There is a lot of bitchiness and sniping on there, but there are some really nice people too, and it is the best place for Gorillaz news. The site owner is really great at keeping everyone up-to-date.

Oh Shani, I had that problem too - I registered and didn't get an verification and then I discovered that you have to post in the "want to join the forum" thread. It's to make sure your human and not a spambot!

It's sad that some people just seem to thrive on hate and negativity-I pity them. You wonder if they were raised right or not. :(

Oh it processed my application but I haven't had a email confirmation or anything. Maybe I'll try again! ;)

So it's not just me who's had bad experiences with Gorillaz crowds? People were shouting some really horrible things at Birmingham and the Roundhouse. I really don't understand at all. Maybe the Parklife thing was a bit rude but Damon knew it was a joke and found it funny himself... Maybe it's that some of the people at the front think they're better than everyone else and have the right to do it?

@Laundromatlock - I'll make sure I send it when the S.America tour pre-sale code is announced :D

I hadn't seen this before but it's so good! White Flag @ The Citadel - Damascus :D

Seriously! It's like, why waste a perfectly good amount of $$$ to go and ridicule a famous musician? The way some people get their jollies off I will never understand! :inquisitive:

Sorry Louise :hug:

The Parklife thing wasn't rude at all!

The crowd in Paris was really great, but some fuckers shouted "it's shiiit" at the end of Doncamatic, seriously what's wrong with people?

White Flag was insane in Paris, but wow you can see they're playing in their own country here! Awesome version

Were they saying it in a negative tone? The only reason I'm asking is because, it seems of late, that 'shit' seems to be used as a compliment:D (I think we can thank Damon for that-at least he's the first one I've seen doing it! :laugh3:)

Yeah, there's always people who try to ruin the enjoyment of everything, but i usually ignore them.

Man i hope so, the S. American tour is something they should do. Or at least go to a S. American festival, knowing they're going to play in more festivals next year.

That version of White Flag, and i always loved the Syrian National Orchestra intros, it changes in every concert, which is awesome.

I think i know her, did she wore a Noodle costume and at one point Jamie called her because he liked her dress?

I don't know, maybe i'm getting confused with another user xD.

THATS HER!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D

She was sooooo sweet and adorable! I got such a kick out of her outfit! Jamie and Damon LOVED it!!!:D She even gave Jamie a kiss on the cheek and he was getting all, well for lack of a better word, cheeky about it! :laugh3: I'm tellin' ya the boy's a FLIRT! :wink3: (thats why he came along on tour....to meet the LADIEZ!!!! Yup!!!:sneaky:;))

I need to get back in touch with her actually-she and I were chatting back and forth in the PHX show blog in GU's Live Journal site.

The Ponycorns? :D I can't think of anything at all :P
Hahah it's an in-joke of a friend and me but we thought it'd make a good band name :p

Day 3 has just kicked int, with a new game:

http://gorillaz.com/g-player/games/submatronic

Hard to control the goddamn sub.

It is! :bomb: Will try to play it again tomorrow.

Nothing to do on saturday night? Just watch a Gorillaz show on tv. :dance:

Edit : I hate french tv! Why can't they just put subtitles and not speak over Damon voice.

But he says clearly that a new album will be released on christmas

On Christmas? :bomb: best news ever :heart:

Nothing to do on saturday night? Just watch a Gorillaz show on tv. :dance:

Edit : I hate french tv! Why can't they just put subtitles and not speak over Damon voice.

But he says clearly that a new album will be released on christmas

WHAT? Omg 2 albums in a year, that's mental! Can't wait :wacky:

And I know right, dubbing totally sucks :mean:

You guys are lucky. Just by curiosity, are you recording it?

Daley added a link in his twitter saying that it was going to stream the tv recording. But he got it all wrong, it doesn't do anything.

I want to kill him right now.

I was at a party but anyway I don't have this channel as it's pretty expensive (that's why Daley's link didn't work, it's not a free channel).

A friend recorded it and I should have it today!! I'll make sure to post it :}

Were they saying it in a negative tone? The only reason I'm asking is because, it seems of late, that 'shit' seems to be used as a compliment:D (I think we can thank Damon for that-at least he's the first one I've seen doing it! :laugh3:)

Yes they were, in french saying "c'est de la merde" is not a compliment :tongue:

:wacky: Damon's Christmas pressie to us :heart:

I KNOW RIGHT???? :heart: :heart: :heart:

Yes they were, in french saying "c'est de la merde" is not a compliment :tongue:

UGH-not good at all then!:( Thanks BB! :D Seriously I don't get it-if you're a fan at a concert-even if you don't like the song, bottom line-DON'T HECKLE!!!!:angry:

Day 5 from the advert calendar gives us a Rhinestone Eyes wallpaper:

xmas-5th-4423e34.jpg

xmas-5th-fdf545k.jpg

I couldn't help but notice the two toys in the computer with their... peculiar position xD.

:laugh3: GOTTA be Jamie!!!:laugh3::laugh3::laugh3:

sounds like there's loads going on on the Gorillaz front, not bad at all :D

neeeearly 100 pages :cool4:

I know!!!! It's so great!!!!:D

I had to comment on your baby BTW-too cute!!!! :heart:

There really is a lot going on, they're staying busy. It's great being a Damon fan, there is always some new project he's working on to look forward to :D

Hey-how did your post get in before mine?:P

The man keeps going. It's so awesome! :D

I couldn't help but notice the two toys in the computer with their... peculiar position xD.

Haha I didn't notice that :lol:

sounds like there's loads going on on the Gorillaz front, not bad at all :D

Almost more than in the Coldplay section :tongue:

Also, I got the recording! Watching it right now, it's so awesome :}

If you wanna relive your show it's perfect, will upload it asap :blush:

Yay 100 pages :D

Does anyone remember the Noodle game on the original Gorillaz site? That was awesome :P

I fail to remember, you mean this one?:

http://web.archive.org/web/20010412225454/http://www.gorillaz.com/noodlefight/

You played as Noodle in the cementery of the Clint Eastwood level, and you had to complete different levels, it's all can i remember, but i don't know if it's what you're talking about.

EDIT: Almost forgot, it seems that a new demo has been leaked, though it's unknown if it's real or fake:

[ame=

]
[/ame]

I'm keeping it low, but it does have that Gorillaz sound into it. Plus, i like it.

Day 5 from the advert calendar gives us a Rhinestone Eyes wallpaper:

xmas-5th-4423e34.jpg

xmas-5th-fdf545k.jpg

I love their sense of humour :laugh3:

:wacky: Damon's Christmas pressie to us :heart:

It is being released at Christmas?? Cue excitement!! :dance:

There really is a lot going on, they're staying busy. It's great being a Damon fan, there is always some new project he's working on to look forward to :D

I know right, it's so exciting! :)

Day 6 of the advent calendar:

xmas-6th-trt32323i.jpg

...am i missing something here?

These could be clues relating to the tour album, which I guess would make sense if it's release is coming up on/around Christmas, hence the pictures of roads (taken on the tour perhaps?).

Oh god guys!!!! If this is released at Christmas, it'll just be fan-fucking-tastic!! It's so true though - there's a lot of Damon stuff to look forward to this year.

I like the demo. Thanks for posting it!

That wallpaper thing made me laugh a lot. I didn't notice the toys till you pointed them out. LMAO!!

Also, I got the recording! Watching it right now, it's so awesome :}

If you wanna relive your show it's perfect, will upload it asap :blush:

Thank you Perrine :kiss:

EDIT: Almost forgot, it seems that a new demo has been leaked, though it's unknown if it's real or fake:

I'm keeping it low, but it does have that Gorillaz sound into it. Plus, i like it.

It sound good, don't know if it's fake or not but I really hope to have something new at Christmas.

These could be clues relating to the tour album, which I guess would make sense if it's release is coming up on/around Christmas, hence the pictures of roads (taken on the tour perhaps?).

You're right!! I didn't think of that before you notice it. Now I'm so excited!

Yes that was the game! I used to love it :P That does sound like it could be a real demo and I like it too!

For the day 6... Maybe it's supposed to be Christmassy with the diamond shape? But I'm not sure why it'd have FLOODED written on it if that's the reason :P

Wow I don't know if you've read the comments, but I seriously don't know what's wrong with people, they didn't have to make that advent calendar :angry:

Anyway, I uploaded the show! Sadly it's not the best quality of image, but I'll try to have a better one :nice:

File name: Gorillaz - La Musicale 24-11.wmv File size: 627.41 MB

Hope you'll enjoy it!