✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Arcade Fire

*Justine*

I don't know. I enjoyed the song, but I'm not sure I'm liking their new direction in terms of sound. I mean it seriously does just sound like something LCD Soundsystem would put out. If the whole album's like this, this'll probably be my least favorite AF release to date. With that said, I hope I'm proven wrong.

Don't get me wrong, the song's good, just not was I was expecting or hoping for from AF. I don't know. Maybe it'll grow on me more over time. Still, the world tour sounds promising too!

Ha! I just had to share that info! these will be the toughest tix to get in town considering they are pretty much alotted and Tina Fey is hosting and it's the 1st show of the season. So excited for the band! It's quite an experience to go. got lucky a few years back when I got to go the Xmas show with Cooky and Muse was playing!

Fingers crossed!

Arcade Fire's Win Butler Offers Reflektor Details

Arcade Fire's Win Butler has offered up a few new details about the band's highly anticipated album Reflektor (out October 29 on Merge).

In a preview of an interview with BBC Radio 1's Zane Lowe (the full thing airs tomorrow), Butler said that Reflektor has a classic double album vibe, with two distinct sides, and features several long, seven-minute-plus songs. (That includes first single "Reflektor".) He said the sound of the album, which was produced by James Murphy, will surprise people. The band wrote "50 or 60" songs for the album.

As for the long, mystery-filled buildup to the album, Butler described it as feeling not like promo, but more like a "weird art project" and "throwing a good party." He said he likes the excitement of anticipating an album before it's released, and mentioned his experience seeing Michael Jackson's "Thriller" video as a kid.

link

Just a reflection of a reflection of a reflection... We are all reflections of each other, our parents, our children, trees, viruses, every cell of every organism that has ever lived originates from one single cell... Arcade Fire decided to make a disco song about that.

When I first heard it I thought: maybe it had to have been be faster. But after a few listens I just think it's the way it had to be. And it's amazing that it is a 7 minutes song. I hope that Coldplay can do a song like Reflektor (I mean an extra long song)

Anyways, I hope that Reflektor (the album) has a few faster songs.

I still long to see this amazing band live.

ME TOO! Just the live videos I've seen were amazing. They seem better live than on record.

This has to be one of my favourite performances:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3RcSt_m2Ew]Arcade Fire - Keep the Car Running | Friday Night with Jonathan Ross, 2007 - YouTube[/ame]

^When that guitar kicks in at 2.40... OMG!

There's a recording knocking around on Us Kids Know of one and a half new songs!

There's an Instrumental Jam at the start which is half of 'Better Get Right' and then a full recording of 'Normal Person', which is a really awesome song that wouldn't have been out of place on The Suburbs and, at a push, Funeral.

I think this album may well be their defining record, their best one ever.