✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Arcade Fire

*Justine*

It will pass some time before I get to listen to the new songs since my laptop is unwilling to cooperate, but the thought that there is but a match to Reflektor makes my heart flutter. And if, by chance, there is such a one that could surpass that groove...oh my.

I've only heard Here Comes The Night Time and Reflektor, both seemed flat and lifeless to me. The Suburbs was a bit bland alredy but the songs had much more interesting melodies, really disappointed by those 2 songs.

I guess it's just not your thing. I like how HCTNT is kinda laid back. It's a plus in my eyes.

So far I like the new songs in this order:

1) Here Comes the Night Time

2) Normal Person

3) Reflektor

4) Afterlife

5) We Exist

I love all of them, but this is how I'd rank them:

1) Normal Person

2) We Exist

3) Reflektor

4) Afterlife

5) Here Comes the Night Time

My rank is the following:

1. Afterlife

2. Reflektor

3. Here Comes the Night Time

4. Normal Person

5. We Exist

So.... we should keep an eye on these tracks?

Joan Of Arc

This is pure punk. If Walter White made punk, this'd be the result. Glistening blue, it's Arcade Fire hitting the endpoint of their brief spell in sweaty venues. And it sounds huge. A potential single, the guitars roar, Regine makes a much-needed impression and James Murphy's production is drenched all over the track. By the end - and this also closes the record's first half - the whole thing sounds like a Tardis spiralling into space.

Afterlife

Huge. This is the single, surely. What a song. Swaying from sounding like a heart monitor to Arcade Fire at their most energised (ever), this is a relatively short and sweet conclusion to the band's journey. It's been big, dense, often overbearing, but if a song like this can still stand out after 70-odd minutes of unrelenting noise, there's got to be something very special going on.