🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

Arcade Fire

*Justine*

• 1 month later...

Hello. I watched (well not really, because I was doing other things, but I listened) this video yesterday:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxrhghtQf_s]YouTube - MY BODY IS A CAGE - THE ARCADE FIRE - GLASTONBURY 2007[/ame]

It was the first time I heard an Arcade Fire song. I immediately liked it.

So what do you recommend, what should I listen to next?

uhm really? ... I think it's just one of those few albums that almost immediately had a place among my favourite albums ever (not like other artists like Radiohead or even Coldplay) <And not necessarily like when you could not get out that crazy frog song of your head :D >

• 4 weeks later...

I absolutely love love looove The Arcade fire!

Crown of Love and Wake up are my favorites. I only have 'Neon Bible', I haven't fully heard 'Funeral' but I love the songs that I have of them. They're one of my top favorites.

My friend just got me Funeral on vinyl (since when did Urban Outfitters start selling arcade fire, radiohead, pink floyd records? :thinking: ) But anyway i'm excited to listen to it how music sounds best! What a brilliant album.

Oh. that reminds me.. i have yet to buy a record player ..

• 2 weeks later...

I've just started getting into Arcade Fire, after seeing the "Where the Wild Things Are" trailer. I've been listening to Funeral for a couple weeks, which I didn't like a ton at first, but now I think it's really good. I definitely love Wake Up the most, and my least favorite would have to be Une Annee Sans Lumiere, though it's growing on me. All the songs are great, but they can be a little annoying at first.

I was listening to the Neon Bible songs on Youtube for the past couple days, and just now got the whole album. I really like it, but the songs aren't quite as good as Funeral. Still great though. One thing I REALLY like better about Neon Bible is the fact that Win's voice is clearer and understandable. That's the one thing that I don't like Funeral. He sounded a bit like the guy from Modest Mouse, which was annoying.

Anyways, I'm really loving Arcade Fire. :) They just have to grow on you, but it doesn't take too long.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDyykjJb1h4]YouTube - Arcade Fire - Wake Up (at Enmore Theatre, Sydney 2008) // Part 1 of 6[/ame]

there's something about this video that always reduces me to tears. its not sad or anything like that. its just the raw energy and the way they sing and play and perform on that stage that always blows me away.

• 1 month later...