✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay Quotes

Sam

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A couple of random ones from Rolling Stone...

"Those have been the two biggest chanllenges of my life: trying to follow Radiohead, and trying to follow Brad Pitt."

"That's what we have to remember: We're only on our third record. Pokemon was huge for a while, but that hasn't really lasted. At this point, I feel like we're the new wazzzzup!"

"Those have been the two biggest chanllenges of my life: trying to follow Radiohead, and trying to follow Brad Pitt."

"That's what we have to remember: We're only on our third record. Pokemon was huge for a while, but that hasn't really lasted. At this point, I feel like we're the new wazzzzup!"

^^that one is so funny... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

after messing up the beginning of warning sign he says' date=' "that's why we can't get on letterman, snoop dogg might say f*ck, and we might mess up our songs."[/quote']

Hey that was from Irvine... I was there! hahah. :)

I love those... especially the last one, I definitely laughed out loud when I read it in the magazine!

Chris: Come on down, if you will. There, now it's more like a proper concert and less like a convention. Oh please don't push and shove like people do at Mariah Carey concerts. This is a Coldplay concert.

^he said that at the Shoreline concert that I went to. :P

• 2 weeks later...

I've been listening to this "Breakfast with Coldplay" thing, that sailormaxx

posted in the Multimedia board (thanks again!).

And I thought it was so funny. Although Chris' the only one really talking, since the other guys were still trying to wake up (*lol*), I really enjoyed it & found it hilarious.

So I thought, I'd write out some of the funniest things said throughout the show...apparently, I might as well could have written a transcript *lol*

Anyway, forgive mistakes, since I'm not a native speaker ;)

I dunno, if anyone's interested, but here you go...

K/B: Did you guys foresee as much success when you started? Did you feel like it was gonna happen, or are you as surprised as everybody else might be?

Chris: We...we always knew we were the next American Idol.

K/B: Is there a level of success that you'd be uncomfortable with, or are you not there yet?

Chris: We're not Shania Twain yet, you know?

K/B: Everyone knows you're lip synching at this point in your concerts, for instance.

Chris: Exactly. As long as our choreography works, it's cool.

K/B: As long as the dances look good.

K/B: You've been doing quite some new songs over the course of the tour, which is gotta make it more interesting for you...too.

Chris: Yeah...for U2 and for us.

K/B: How many new have you got?

Chris: Good ones or bad ones?

K/B: Good ones.

Chris: We've probably got about half a good one. And fifteen rubbish.

[there's some buzzing sound in the background]

Chris: [little annoyed] Can we turn that off...what's that? ... Oh it's me, sorry. As usual. Sorry about that.

K/B: He's yelling at himself now.

K/B: Have you guys ever run into a real writer's block, where nothing came?

Chris: Occasionally, you know. Some people think we've never got out of it.

K/B: Hey, I saw in the "Rolling Stone" that you and your dad used to listen to Michael Jackson's "Bad", Chris.

Chris: Yeah...we used to drive on the way to the school in the morning, and Michael Jackson would be singing: [tries to do a Jackson-kind-of-voice] "Are you okay, are you okay, are you okay". And my dad would say "Well, he never gives you a chance to answer!" That's actually what he used to say...[is laughing himself too now]. It's funny the first time, but not the ninetieth...every morning he's cracked this damn joke.

Fan: Hi, my name is Joanne. And I...

Chris: Hi Joanne.

Fan: Hi. I'm just wondering, growing up in Liverpool, did The Beatles have any influence on your music?

Chris [laughs]: Haha...are you asking us that question?

Fan: Yes.

Chris: We, we...I didn't go to Liverpool until I was 24.

K/B: But you were a immature 24-year-old...

Chris: But Jonny grew up near Liverpool...

Jonny: Yeah, yeah...I went to Liverpool when I was about 12, I think...once.

Chris: How was it?

Jonny: It...it was nice, you know.

K/B: I noticed that you've got...I assumed there're your guys with video cameras everywhere. Are you doing anything with this? Is this for your personal use, FBI most wanted list...what are we taping here?

Chris: We're making a film called "Dude, where's my guitar".

[after talking about a letter that has been handed to Chris from someone in the audience]

K/B: A lot of ladies into your man Guy here, too, by the way, I don't mind telling. He's got quite a fanclub here in the audience [you hear people cheering somewhere in the back]

Chris: He's certainly...haha. Guy, uh...we have to translate for Guy, he's half asleep: A lot of ladies here for you.

K/B: Yeah, he's very dreamy.

K/B: Do you have a dynamic in the band where everybody gets a vote and if one guy says "no", then that's it?

Chris: Totally.

K/B: Oh really? 'Cause that seems like...there could be times, when it's three to one and that's gotta hurt.

Chris: Totally. Often with Will, you know. We'd get offered the soundtrack to...I don't know, "Legally Blond 2". And we'll all say yes and Will will say no.

K/B: Hey Chris, do the guys get a vote on who you date?

Chris [laughs quietly a bit]: Next question.

Fan: Hi guys, I'm Jen.

Chris: Hi Jen. "Hi Jen", that sounds a bit like "hygiene". Are you clean?

Fan: Haha...thanks, thanks.

K/B: She smells very nice, yes.

Fan: Thank you. My favourite thing about you guys is, how humble you are. How do you stay grounded?

Chris: Because we're brilliant, that's how we stay grounded.[laughter and clapping] I don't wanna be the only one who's talking, but everyone else's still waking up! Jonny, how do you stay grounded?

Jonny: Uh...I dunno.

Chris: See? It's like getting blood out of a stone, at this time in the morning.

K/B: I made a joke about you went to a therapist, but I mean...Metallica, for instance, last year, they had a group therapist that came in, because they do have a lot of those dynamics issues, that they had to work out after being together for a very long time, to become happy.

Chris: Right.

Jonny: That is funny, though, isn't it?

[suddenly everyone's laughing]

K/B: It is. Metallica sitting on the couch, Lars saying "James doesn't pay enough attention to me!"

[after talking about song meanings and lyrics in general]

K/B: I loved your song "Mellow", you know. That was one of my favourites and then I found out you were singing something else and I was like "Well, that's bogus. That's no good anymore!"

Chris: Exactly.

Chris: I went to my first Bat Mitzvah the other day.

K/B: Yeah? How was that?

Chris: It was cool, you know.

K/B: That's not the one, where the cut off the foreskin, right? That's a different...service altogether.

Chris: That's basically racist, what you just said.

Fan: Hi, my name is Lily. I wanted to tell Jonny that I think you're a great guitar player, and I have a huge crush on you. [people are braying] And also, I wanted to know, how did you get started with the Make Trade Fair campaign?

K/B: Yeah, that's a good question.

[silence]

Jonny: Oh me?

K/B: Yeah, Jonny

Chris [whispering]: She fancies you, Jon.

Jonny: You haven't seen my out clothes. You know, it's really...

Fan: I have...I have!

Chris: Don't you remember last week?

Jonny: That's you?

K/B: Can you tell the difference from place to place in the audience? Is there a certain part in the world that's different than...here, different than England?

Chris: I mean...France is different, you know. [silence, people start laughing]

K/B: Because?

Chris: Over here they go "Yeah!", over there they go "Oui!" [laughter] That may can tell.

I just recently picked up a copy of the magazine Chart with Coldplay on the cover of it. This issue was written by the bands themselves which is interesting....and I found there were numerous little qotes that were cute and some that were good :)

"The biggest misconception is that there is a band called Coldplay that is all about Chris Martin. We as a band know this is not the case. It is a real democracy. Coldplay is a real joint effort of four people being passionate about music and the collaboration between these four people which results in recording albums." ~ Guy Berryman

Guy on Chris: "If Chris ever joined another band, he would join a traditional Scottish pipe band." :lol: Chris in a traditional Scottish pipe band....heehee

Jonny Buckland on the whole band: "Will is the man that says 'no', I'm the man that says 'yes', Guy is the man who says 'maybe' and Chris is the man who says 'what about this...' " heehee...

Jonny on Guy: "Although he looks very handsome, he is actually a bit of a geek. I admire his ability to get excited over gadets." heehee...yeah I can see him getting all excited over some little gadget.... :D

Chris on Guy: "If he wasn't in Coldplay, he would be in prison.." ooookay...

Chris on Canada: "Canada is heaven on a stick!" :lol:

And my favourite one...

Chris Martin on himself: "I'm really passionate about surfing, actually scrap that - I'm most passionate about chocolate! If I wasn't in Coldplay, I would be playing piano in a gay bar." :lol:

(all from the Chart agazine)

Chocolate?! I love him.

Maaaaan, I remember this one thing Chris said in an interview or whatever I downloaded a long time ago... I don't have it anymore, though. It was something about his method of getting girls. He said he draws six-pack abs on his stomach and lifts his shirt up while standing somewhere high so the girls can't see it's fake.

Ugh, where did I get that from?!

[translated it myself, sorry for mistakes]

"you know, everytime I travel to America by plane there is that questionnaire and I have to inscribe my job. I never know what I should write so I change it every time. sometimes I write 'musician' and sometimes 'husband of a very famous hollywood-actress'". (chris)

I love it. :lol:

it's a quote from a german interview magazin called 'galore'. it features a huge interview with chris this month (for everyone who speaks german and is able to find the magazin... get it! it's REALLY worth reading and the pics are great...)