September 6, 200521 yr oh dear... perhaps my taste in music is a little awire ... i mean i have been getting into goth metal lately...hmmm :/ but i really like james blunt's work, his voice is so distinctive and fragile, Beautiful really touched me not just because the words but the composition of the song and the melancholy vibe. plus i really like how its not decorated with extras it's just a guy and his guitar (albeit sometimes with a keyboard guy) it reminds me of the old troubadours who used to travel with just their guitars singing to people wherever the went. If you're interested in hearing a "guy with a guitar" I suggest you try David Gray instead. He's far superior to the Blunt man!! :)
September 7, 200521 yr oh dear... perhaps my taste in music is a little awire ... i mean i have been getting into goth metal lately...hmmm :/ but i really like james blunt's work, his voice is so distinctive and fragile, Beautiful really touched me not just because the words but the composition of the song and the melancholy vibe. plus i really like how its not decorated with extras it's just a guy and his guitar (albeit sometimes with a keyboard guy) it reminds me of the old troubadours who used to travel with just their guitars singing to people wherever the went. If you're interested in hearing a "guy with a guitar" I suggest you try David Gray instead. He's far superior to the Blunt man!! :) Totally agree with you. David Gray is absolutly fantastic, going to see him twice this year. :D He is so much better than James Blunt and he is the original singer/song writer (apart from Bob Dylan). His newa album is out on Monday. :) ;)
September 7, 200521 yr yeah i like David Gray's stuff its a shame he is not playing Babylon no more but i suppose you can sing a song one too many times. just want to keep the discussion going what exactly is the pivotal reason or thing that made James Blunt a no no for you guys :huh: i heard some of his stuff on AOL so i haven't heard the full album, i was planning on buying it but now ... i don't know.... :/
September 7, 200521 yr yeah i like David Gray's stuff its a shame he is not playing Babylon no more but i suppose you can sing a song one too many times. just want to keep the discussion going what exactly is the pivotal reason or thing that made James Blunt a no no for you guys :huh: i heard some of his stuff on AOL so i haven't heard the full album, i was planning on buying it but now ... i don't know.... :/ David Gray is performing Babylon occasionally, but not ay every single concert like he has done in the past. I believe he has performed it a couple of times this year. In answer to your question on Blunt, I really don't like his voice, it really irritates me. Also the first time I heard "You're Beautiful", I found it really cheesy and nearly predicted every single line.
September 7, 200521 yr If you wanna see a genious singer songwriter with a guitar. You can only really look to Dylan. All others are but shadows to him
September 7, 200521 yr ^ of course, i agree to a point...Silvio Rodriguez is his equal if not better. Silvio is more poetic Dylan is a story teller both though are political and both have not -what one would call 'singing' voices. Most people would not have head of Silvio though cause he sings in spanish and at one point the Cuban Embargo did not let music from cuba get through- now there's a loop hole though. Victor Jara was another one that equals and more so than the two i've mentioned above because he died for his music, during the Pinochet coup in Chile. He was one of the many rounded up put in concentration camp then killed off- symbolicaly his hands were cut off because he played the guitar. :cry:
September 7, 200521 yr I kinda like james blunt or at least the album (don't know much about him). I was somehow impressed when I listened to it for the first time, but I don't have to listen to it every day. I'm not getting too much into it, but I think it's good, though. *shrug*
October 10, 200520 yr james blunt i kinda liked "you're beautiful" and i want to know if you guys like the artist as well? :)
October 10, 200520 yr yeah i like what he's done thus far and i like his voice but here is another thread already about this :D http://www.coldplaying.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=21311
October 23, 200520 yr I like James Blunt - I've heard Goodbye My Lover, You're Beautiful and High and love all of 'em. I am looking to dwld his other stuff :)
October 23, 200520 yr You're Beautiful makes me ball my eyes out :baby: Aww - me too. This one time I was really depressed and I was typing an e-mail to my bf (who's away) and I started crying ..
October 23, 200520 yr oh dear... perhaps my taste in music is a little awire ... i mean i have been getting into goth metal lately...hmmm :/ but i really like james blunt's work, his voice is so distinctive and fragile, Beautiful really touched me not just because the words but the composition of the song and the melancholy vibe. plus i really like how its not decorated with extras it's just a guy and his guitar (albeit sometimes with a keyboard guy) it reminds me of the old troubadours who used to travel with just their guitars singing to people wherever the went. If you're interested in hearing a "guy with a guitar" I suggest you try David Gray instead. He's far superior to the Blunt man!! :) yes or Damien Rice, both far superior
November 30, 200520 yr firstly, i dind't like it, even you're beautiful.. but now i LOVE that song.. i can listen to it lots times, one after the other, and i don't get tired! but i thought the album was going to be better...:/
December 1, 200520 yr i agree with whoever said it may be a one hit wonder album ... it really wouldn't surprise me if his next album flopped but i think ... this album is really good :) ... i haven't properly got into it but i know that if i actually listen to it all i will ... High, You're Beautiful, Cry & No Bravery are the stand out tracks for me :D
December 2, 200520 yr I really like James Blunt... his voice is soooo melancolic. its a good album to listen to when you r sad and want to enjoy the blues...
Create an account or sign in to comment