✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

post your fanarticle, cd collection you get of coldplay!

playflocold

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

finally got thses two put up, they're abit bigger than i expected them to be on the wall :p still got the Viva La Vida one left to find space for though...

A Rush Of Blood To The Head #422/500

X&Y #376/500

lithos_zps00f1a89a.jpg

i put them on photobucket, then u open the picture and on the right side u get 4 different http:// thingys, just click the bottom one "IMG" so it copies the text for you, and paste it here :)

basically my post looks like this before i click "post". don't know why it's so long, but oh well :p (added a . at the end so it wouldn't post the picture)

http://i1092.photobucket.com/albums/i405/LinusBrostrom/lithos_zps00f1a89a.jpg[/img.][/url.]

Or were you talking about the Parachutes French promo? If its the French parachutes promo yes it iant that rare... Most French promos aren't that rare at all. Like the What If French promo. I know 3 people who have one. The French 3 track "for you" single has been quoted as being rare but it to isn't. As a fellow collector if your main concern is value I would stay away from the French promos.

However rare or not, I have one... some people don't oh well right?

I was talking about the French PArachutes promo in a blue cardsleeve with the "film photo" on the front, like you posted on the previous page actually

Why did I not see that one? :o

I'm not sure why I'm giving this up.... Here's a tip on purchasing CP CDs & LPs. Linus asked why he didn't see an item that Batman just picked up off of eBay. The seller was only shipping to Germany so the item only showed up on the German eBay site. If the seller didn't select shipping for your region the item wont show up on your eBay.

Here's what I do. I surf the US eBay, eBay.UK and lots of other regions. If I see an item I like I will send a message to the seller and ask if they will ship to me in the US. Most of the time they will. They usually say, "I never thought anyone would want to pay over seas shipping." Well depending on the item hell yes I'll pay!

So there ya go... have fun shopping all over the world!

Back by popular demand... It's the Coldplay cool item of the day!! :)

Here is the Coldplay, Trouble, Taiwan "Spider Web" CD -

Troublespiderwebdisc001_zps91a8ab2c.jpg

All of the Taiwan promos are fun to collect. Like the Japan promos, Taiwan promos are unique and usually contain different art work. This one is very rare and most of the time hard to find. I think there is a copy on eBay right now (6/23) at an asking price of $159 USD. It is an official Coldplay promo, you can see on the reverse the EMI logo on the top corner.

Reverse image -

Troublespiderwebdisc002_zps5720f14b.jpg

There is no official UPC code or Serial Number. Most Discography's go by "Coldplay Sample 2" found in the inner disc ring. You can see it in the picture above. "Coldplay Sample 1" is the "Yellow" Taiwan promo CD

The "Coldplay cool item of the day" is intended to help those who are working on building a Coldplay collection. If you have any questions about any releases please let me know. On top of my own collection I have a Coldplay discography that covers 500+ official CD/LP/DVD/Cassette/VHS releases from 1998 to 2014. It was put together by serious collectors like us.

I am happy to help anyone!

You can email me if you would like a copy of the discography (Excel file). Help keep it up to date. If you have any new or old releases that need to be added, do so and send back an update.

Send all inquires to: [email protected]

Ok I see what you have now Batman. It's the 1-track In My Place promo card sleeve. Is that promo card separate? Did it originally come inside the card sleeve? Very cool. Too bad I don't speak/read Deutsche. Would love to learn some day because my family is Dutch/German.

I can't believe you got it for $1.00!

I'm posting the "Coldplay cool item of the day" early today because I will be busy tonight.

This is an X & Y era Japan promo. It was released right before the release of X & Y but most discography's have it listed as an X & Y promo.

It has 3 tracks that have nothing to do with X & Y. "Yellow", "In My Place" & "Clocks" I guess the point was to highlight the past Coldplay hits.

This promo came in an "over-sized card sleeve" that has a matte-paper finish. The disc came in a plastic protective sleeve.

It is an original Coldplay release produced by Toshiba/Parlophone.

XampYreleasepromo003_zps47f6b9c3.jpg

Here is the reverse with the release date for "Speed Of Sound"...

XampYreleasepromo002_zps8d7cca1e.jpg

The disc with sleeve. It is a silver sided disc and not a CD-R...

XampYreleasepromo006_zps2efda7dd.jpg

This image compares the "over-sized" card sleeve to a regular card sleeve.

XampYreleasepromo004_zpsa1cea390.jpg

Ok I see what you have now Batman. It's the 1-track In My Place promo card sleeve. Is that promo card separate? Did it originally come inside the card sleeve? Very cool. Too bad I don't speak/read Deutsche. Would love to learn some day because my family is Dutch/German.

I can't believe you got it for $1.00!

Yes it's seperate, and yes it was all stuffed into that card sleeve. It wasn't sealed so I just pulled it out. I could translate the text for you if you like :cheesy: And cool that your family is Dutch/German :D

Well I made the jump the other day and bought some CD's on Ebay that I didn't :laugh3: Used discogs as my guide price and think I did okay. Im away for work currently so even though they have arrived I cant get them for another few weeks :(

I got the promos for talk and the hardest part (I just love how they look), talk with sleeping sun as the b side, x & y interview and the parachutes promo.

I got them all apart from the parachutes from one seller so was quite happy, was bidding on a few more as well but got out bid.

Well I made the jump the other day and bought some CD's on Ebay that I didn't :laugh3: Used discogs as my guide price and think I did okay. Im away for work currently so even though they have arrived I cant get them for another few weeks :(

I got the promos for talk and the hardest part (I just love how they look), talk with sleeping sun as the b side, x & y interview and the parachutes promo.

I got them all apart from the parachutes from one seller so was quite happy, was bidding on a few more as well but got out bid.

Take some photo's when you get them in! Congrats on starting your collection!

And cool that your family is Dutch/German :D

Thanks. I know my Fathers side comes straight from Germany. My Great Grandparents fled Germany in the mid 30s and came to America. I don't think they agreed with Hitler's political views. :)

Coldplay cool item of the day!!

This is the official 12" Paradise Remix, limited edition color vinyl. This is a rare piece. It is an official Coldplay release and I've only seen 2 of them. It not only contains remixes but also the original version so would it be considered the 12" single? Could be. Its serial number is Coldplaypar001. Enjoy the photos.

Front side with cover -

coldplaypara001001_zps7353c359.jpg

Front color vinyl -

coldplaypara001002_zps5d71ceb9.jpg

Back label -

coldplaypara001004_zps898f58da.jpg

I wish I had a record player. I would love to hear all of those remix versions.

Sorry I didn't have time to post an item yesterday. My truck's rear universal joint was shot and a friend offered to help me replace it at just the cost of the part so I had to take advantage of that! I'm back on the road vibration and noise free. I feel like I have a new truck!! A new truck with 198,900 miles that is... but payment free!!! :)