Gwyneth...

Katharina

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gwyneth Paltrow: My husband's a musical genius

Elle_2011_09_www_storemags_com.jpg

The September issue of Elle features Hollywood goddess Gwyneth Paltrow revealing details of her private marriage, her celebrity pal Beyonce and her recent foray into music.

Fans know that the actress has a bosom buddy in the "Single Ladies" singer, and Paltrow, 38, shares a sweet moment with the mag, telling of when she got support from Bey for her Grammy performance.

“This story always makes me cry,” she starts. “It’s 10 in the morning and Beyoncé schleps it all the way down to the Staples Center to watch. I mean, she’s Beyoncé!”

The pop star even gave Paltrow advice before her duet with Cee Lo Green. “Beyoncé’s like, ‘Okay. The singing is great. But you’re not having any fun.’ She’s like, ‘Remember when we’re at Jay’s concert and Panjabi MC comes on and you do your crazy Indian dance? Do that. Be you!’”

Part of the reason Paltrow has been focusing more on music is a desire to spend more time with her two kids, as well as to have more fun. “I’m sick of doing the crying-in-my-soup part,” she says of leaving darker fare for projects like “Glee.” “I want to laugh. I want to sing. The main thing is, I want to have fun.”

Her musical ambitions, of course, also include the idea of a solo album.

“Beyoncé and Jay—they think that I should just go do it by myself,” she shares, “that I should go…in a studio and see what happens. And if it’s good, do it. And if it’s not, don’t. So that’s probably what I’ll do.”

But don’t expect a collaboration with her husband, Coldplay’s Chris Martin. Paltrow has decided not to ask him for advice on her musical projects: “[He’s] a musical genius. It’s like living with Picasso, and being like, ‘Should I make a little something-something?’”

Speaking of her husband, there’s a reason why he and Paltrow keep their relationship private.

“He makes music for his fans, and he doesn’t want people to conjure a lame famous couple when they’re getting into his music,” she explains. “I get it.”

But just because the two aren’t photographed together on red carpets doesn’t mean they’ve split up, as recent rumors would indicate.

“Sometimes it’s hard being with someone for a long time,” the star admits. “We go through periods that aren’t all rosy. I always say, life is long and you never know what’s going to happen. If, God forbid, we were ever not to be together, I respect him so much as the father of my children. Like, I made such a good choice. He’s such a good dad. You can never be relaxed or smug and think, I’ve got this thing. That’s also part of it—keeping yourself on your toes. I’m not going to take this for granted.”

http://marquee.blogs.cnn.com/2011/08/03/gwyneth-paltrow-my-husbands-a-musical-genius/