✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Gwyneth...

Katharina

JUNE 10, 2011 -- 4:00 AM

GRAMMY.com

Are you fresh out of a top higher-learning institution and looking for a job? Can you play Coldplay songs on piano and guitar proficiently? Are you a polyglot? Do you have a mean backhand and know how to roll a jib? Are you looking for a position requiring travel? If you answered yes to these questions, you may be the perfect fit for London-based power couple Chris Martin and Gwyneth Paltrow, who are in the market for an A-list Renaissance-style tutor for their son Moses and daughter Apple. But before you send your résumé, you may want to review the qualifications. The ideal tutor candidate is fluent in Latin, French, Spanish, and of course, Ancient Greek; musically inclined with the ability to play at least two instruments; interested in sports such as sailing and tennis; and Oxbridge-educated. The job's benefits are appealing, including a flat in West London and free travel with the family abroad (think concert tours and movie sets). The starting salary? Nearly $100,000, and the tutor will only have to work with the tykes for two hours per day. The couple posted an advertisement on Tutors-International.com and is interviewing candidates now. But applicants beware, there may be more to the job than meets the eye. An unidentified source told the UK's The Sun, "They want someone to go with them wherever they need them."

Ah yes, I remember that, her tweet in reply of that rumour was brilliant :lol:

GwynethPaltrow

Looking for tutor for kids.$195K per day. Must speak french,lebanese,farsi,mandarin,creole, finnish and ebonics.Send resume to @jimmyfallon

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah yes, I remember that, her tweet in reply of that rumour was brilliant :lol:

GwynethPaltrow

Looking for tutor for kids.$195K per day. Must speak french,lebanese,farsi,mandarin,creole, finnish and ebonics.Send resume to @jimmyfallon

And his reply to her tweet was funny too

Need NKOTB Tour jacket from 1991! Please send all pricing, address and info of your history with said jacket to @GwynethPaltrow.

5 Jun

link

If you don't like her, just stay away from her thread. That's all!

We love Gwynnie b/c she loves our Chris. She adores him, cooks for him, gives him babies, and even calls him a genius. What's not to like about her?

Totally agree. I don't know why people hate her so much. She's never had a sex tape, hasn't broken up any marriages (that we know of), hasn't been to rehab. For goodness sakes the women basically quit doing movies to stay at home with her kids when they were babies. If you want to talk about someone being selfish, go look at these self absorbed Hollywood types who are trying to get on TMZ everyday.

Not to mention her cookbook is kickass.....

She is lucky to be with Chris, but I think he is lucky to have her also.

according to wwd.com he was there with her, but didn't say if they came in separate cars. It seems unlikely that we'll see photos of them together.

I understand why they do it. I do however, find it unfortunate they can't even hang out on the beach together with their kids. At that point, I would say screw it, I'm not going to let these losers ruin my life.

I don't know much about The Hamptons, but hopefully they have enough privacy there that they can hang as a family and not have to avoid the stalkarazzi.

I understand why they do it. I do however, find it unfortunate they can't even hang out on the beach together with their kids. At that point, I would say screw it, I'm not going to let these losers ruin my life.

I don't know much about The Hamptons, but hopefully they have enough privacy there that they can hang as a family and not have to avoid the stalkarazzi.

Well after 8/9 years together and 2 kids and the schedules they have, they obviously have what is takes to make things work so far, and know what's best for their lives concerning staying out of any spotlight together.:cool:

Well after 8/9 years together and 2 kids and the schedules they have, they obviously have what is takes to make things work so far, and know what's best for their lives concerning staying out of any spotlight together.:cool:

Yeah, don't get me wrong...I love that they aren't media whores. I totally respect that decision and think it's healthy for them and their kids.

Hi everyone i'm new here.

I too do not understand all this hate with Gwyneth (that's not a question by the way)

Honestly, do we really know her as a person? She's an actress, a mother, a wife and seems to me like a businesswoman. That's it , that's all we know about her. and she does it all so well. I think media portrays all these negative things about her because it just makes it more interesting. They don't want to see someone famous to have this perfect life. I don't buy into these gossips about her, because i can form my own opinion and can only judge someone by knowing them first. And certainly in this case i do not claim to know Gwyneth Paltrow. What i do know is that i've always loved her movies (Talented Mr Ripley, Royal Tenenbaums, Shakespeare in love etc) I just wished she would make more movies but i guess when you're married to an equally famous person, it's not easy. I also love the fact that she is married to Chris Martin of Coldplay, they seemed to be well suited together. Yes, it's rare for them to be seen/photographed together, but i don't think that is a bad thing. I'm not going to deny that if i see them photographed together, it makes me smile because they look so lovely together. In this celebrity obsessed world that we live in, it makes it okay for them not to be seen together, the media can say whatever they want. We do not know what goes on behind closed doors, what they have is special and between them and it doesn't have to be shared with the outside world. Anyway, just my two cents. :cool:

Hi everyone i'm new here.

I too do not understand all this hate with Gwyneth (that's not a question by the way)

Honestly, do we really know her as a person? She's an actress, a mother, a wife and seems to me like a businesswoman. That's it , that's all we know about her. and she does it all so well. I think media portrays all these negative things about her because it just makes it more interesting. They don't want to see someone famous to have this perfect life. I don't buy into these gossips about her, because i can form my own opinion and can only judge someone by knowing them first. And certainly in this case i do not claim to know Gwyneth Paltrow. What i do know is that i've always loved her movies (Talented Mr Ripley, Royal Tenenbaums, Shakespeare in love etc) I just wished she would make more movies but i guess when you're married to an equally famous person, it's not easy. I also love the fact that she is married to Chris Martin of Coldplay, they seemed to be well suited together. Yes, it's rare for them to be seen/photographed together, but i don't think that is a bad thing. I'm not going to deny that if i see them photographed together, it makes me smile because they look so lovely together. In this celebrity obsessed world that we live in, it makes it okay for them not to be seen together, the media can say whatever they want. We do not know what goes on behind closed doors, what they have is special and between them and it doesn't have to be shared with the outside world. Anyway, just my two cents. :cool:

The media is strange. They build you up as the next best thing, and then once you reach success they seem to want to tear you down.

I think a lot of it is also jealousy. She's rich, skinny, beautiful, talented, and married to the frontman of the greatest band in the world (yes, Chris I said it!)

I was revisiting Chris' interview with Rolling Stone in 2008. Some one on these boards claimed he had 1 meaningful relationship before he met his wife, not so according to

Chris:

RS: Have you had a lot of serious girlfriends in your life?

Chris: I've only been in one serious relationship.

RS: Beside this one?

Chris: No, this is the only one. Is that weird? I don't think it's that weird. It wouldn't be weird 200 years ago.

RS: No, its not weird that you would only have one serious relationship. But it is weird that your only relationship is int he context of a rock star dating a movie star.

Chris: Well, I know. But that's love. Just go with it. Think of Romeo and Juliet, or people with really challenging marriages -cross borders, cross races, sometimes cousins. Many people have challenging situations.

RS: Did you realize how intense the experience of being with a movie star would be?

Chris: Yeah, I did, but I always felt it would be great to be with a very powerful woman, b/c it would always keep you in your place and remind you that you still weren't very good. So I knew that there would be negatives to it, which are all obvious to state, but the positives out-weight them. And being married to some one very successful and very powerful basically keeps you hungry to improve.

RS: You keep using the word "powerful"

Chris: But you know what I'm saying. However big you are as a musician, it's never the same deal as big Hollywood actors.

RS: Does it bother you to watch your with, say, Robert Downey Jr. in a movie?

Chris: Oh, no, no, no. I'm not a jealous person. I think if you're jealous in this business, you're not be very happy. Even if your girlfriend or wife is at home while you're on tour, then you'd still just freak out all the time, cause jealousy's so hard to control.

RS: You're young to have two kids. Did you always think you'd settle down so early?

Chris: You've got to let life happen. Otherwise, A, your life is dull, and B, your writing is dull b/c you're not letting life happen.

RS: But when you're a rock star, you have the option of extending your adolescence indefinitely.

Chris: Yeah, but your music turns shit. Name one person who is perpetually adolescent who's made a good album.

RS: You've taken some aggressive action against paparazzi - there was an incident whit a photographer's car, and you wrestled a paparazzi to the ground this year.

Chris: The reason why we keep private as a family, and why I always have a hood and sneak in and out of places, is b/c it brings out a kind of physical rage that I can't really control. You are allowed to spend taxpayers' money on war and killing civilians, but you can't go and smack someone who's upset your bandmate or your baby or something.

Getting arrested is no fun. It's terrfying. That's why I don't like to talk about that side of things, and I don't like to go down red carpets b/c it invites a certain type of person into my life who I just don't like. So I keep myself away from them, b/c you can't go around being physically aggressive to people. There was a point where I thought, "OK, I've got to get away from being fingerprinted and held in a cell." I thought, "This is no good. This is obviously not working as a tactic."

coldplaymom..I was revisiting Chris' interview with Rolling Stone in 2008. Some one on these boards claimed he had 1 meaningful relationship before he met his wife, not so according to

Well he was in a relationship for 18 something months with a Girl named Lily, he wrote a song about it, and he thought about marriage :thinking:

BACK to Gwyneth, Monica, That's a beautiful pic of her:)

That must be why he dedicated a song to "my girlfriend Gwyneth Paltrow" (as a joke) at one of the concerts. I wonder if that's in turn why she came to see him backstage? (isn't that how the story goes?)

Well, nme.com reported it the next day though they never mentioned the girlfriend part. I haven't been able to find an audio of the performance at Wembley 2002

October 22, 2002 12:18

GWYN-NING PERFORMANCE!

The Oscar-winning actress is in the crowd at Wembley Arena...

COLDPLAY frontman CHRIS MARTIN dedicated the band's recent hit 'IN MY PLACE' to their newest high profile fan, GWYNETH PALTROW, at the band's LONDON show last night (October 21).

The Hollywood actress was in the audience at Wembley Arena to hear the dedication midway through Coldplay's encore. However, she was not the only woman singled out by the frontman - Martin also dedicated songs to his mother, who was also in the crowd.

The band were in ebullient mood throughout the show, with Martin frequently describing the day as the best of his life. Coldplay had earlier picked up the Q magazine Album of the Year award for 'A Rush Of Blood To The Head'.

It was Coldplay's second night at the 12,000 capacity arena. They held an aftershow party at west London's Cobden Club to celebrate. Radiohead's Ed O'Brien and James Nesbitt, star of ITV's 'Cold Feet', were present.

Coldplay move to Belfast tomorrow night (October 23) before finishing their tour in Dublin on October 27.