🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

Official Red Hot Chili Peppers thread

jewl*

• Replies 853
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^

there are people spreading rumours everywhere. i think a tour next year is fairly realistic.

wow you are the indija show!! green fest right? that must of been one hell of a night! i have that show on dvd there must of been 100 000 people there.

yeah, the crowd were good, with all jumping and singing (more or less), but RHCP was so uninterested and not so well that night. They even cut for 2 songs (only give it away for "bis").. but only 2 days later you could see difference between that show and show in udine. Italian crowd are the best (for me)... But I agree, dvd from Indija is really good one!

yeah i remember the fan boards went into meltdown on the night of indija gig. there were rumours that john had stormed off stage mid way through the gig in anger then that turned to he had a migraine or something. in the end i think it turned out that they were simply exhausted after a long tiring world tour. they said that when they turned up at the site it remined them too much of Woodstock 99 which turned into chaos. apparently nobody had told them they would be performing in the middle of no where in front of 100 000.

that milan show you went to. was that the one where they did fortune faded funky monks and sir psycho sexy? or was that the night after. and the berlin show you went to looks like the one where they just jammed for 30mins at the end. you've been lucky enough to go to some of their best shows lol.

haha did you see that :) in berlin i heard what is soul, torture me and 30 mins jamming, in milan i heard funky monks and my fav song sir psycho sexy, in inđija i heard only "she's only 18" as highlight, but 2 days later i heard again sir psycho, and hump de bump with josh on drums (i guess)... but in paris for the first time i heard havana affair and this velvet glove. amazing what to tell...

in udine i was in the front row, magnificent! i had youtube channel which disappeared (copyright stuff) you probably heard of it - rhcplyrics :)

• 1 month later...

just a little bit of inside information on the status of the band

as of last week they've headed back into the studio. no news on whether any new material is being put together or if they are just jamming and mucking around. most worrying of all is that there has been no confirmation as to whether John has been involved in these jam sessions, as over the last 18 months he has been very reluctant to even talk about RHCP. my source:

http://www.myspace.com/blackdammett - i believe this is Anthony's dad.

lets hope for some solid updates by the start of next year.

• 3 weeks later...

Red Hot Chili Peppers have announced their first gig together since the band's 'hiatus' in 2008.

Playing MusiCares 2010 on January 29, the group will play their first full line-up show, featuring alongside others artists like Wilco, Norah Jones and James Taylor to pay tribute to Neil Young.

Since the hiatus the individual members of the group have been concentrating on their own musical projects with Flea joining Thom Yorke's super-group being the most eye-catching.

Meanwhile, drummer Chad Smith has recently said that the band are currently working on a follow-up to 2006's 'Stadium Arcadium' album.

• 4 weeks later...

I love Chili Peppers, they're originaly my favorite band ever.

But there are bad news to: it seems like they're in a fight or something

a lot of ppl say that John has left the band

it seems imposible because then why they announced concert date?

I hope this is not true, cause that would be heartbraknig, I've been waiting for them to come back for two years...

Red Hot Chili Peppers have announced their first gig together since the band's 'hiatus' in 2008.

Playing MusiCares 2010 on January 29, the group will play their first full line-up show, featuring alongside others artists like Wilco, Norah Jones and James Taylor to pay tribute to Neil Young.

Since the hiatus the individual members of the group have been concentrating on their own musical projects with Flea joining Thom Yorke's super-group being the most eye-catching.

Meanwhile, drummer Chad Smith has recently said that the band are currently working on a follow-up to 2006's 'Stadium Arcadium' album.

:dance: awesome news!! thanks!

I love Chili Peppers, they're originaly my favorite band ever.

But there are bad news to: it seems like they're in a fight or something

a lot of ppl say that John has left the band

it seems imposible because then why they announced concert date?

I hope this is not true, cause that would be heartbraknig, I've been waiting for them to come back for two years...

You always have to worry about John. He is so fragile. And you know it's saying something when you can designate him as "the weird one" in a band full of weirdos. Even Chad has said that he is the only normal member of that band.

You always have to worry about John. He is so fragile. And you know it's saying something when you can designate him as "the weird one" in a band full of weirdos. Even Chad has said that he is the only normal member of that band.

John is my favorite musician in the world. I'm not ganna hate him if he quits Chili Peppers. It wouldn't be fair to fans if they make new record, when there is a tension in the band and they don't feel passion in doing it. It would show in the record. They should better announce thyre retirement. Some ppl say they should replace John. RHCP would never be the same without john, or even Chad!

A lot of ppl are going to blame (and hate) john if rhcp will split. But I won't.

I still have some hope that everything is ok, maybe ppl are overreacting.

I don't know, if John ever leave the bend and they replace him, that would be weird. It's not same without him (although I'm not his fan).

I was huge fanatic during by the way era, still have tons bootlegs, dvds, newspapers articles... saw them few times... If they fall apart, it's okay with me. I had great time of my life thanks to them. But if they release new album, I will be more than happy to see them live again!

^^ That's true, I was too young to know who they are and what happened.

And what you said, I wont believe it too until they announce that. But after all, on their website is news about that performance in January. Can't wait

That's the point! The performance is announced. So this must be just a rumor or sth like that. I'm not going to believe either until its official

John is my favorite musician in the world. I'm not ganna hate him if he quits Chili Peppers. It wouldn't be fair to fans if they make new record, when there is a tension in the band and they don't feel passion in doing it. It would show in the record. They should better announce thyre retirement. Some ppl say they should replace John. RHCP would never be the same without john, or even Chad!

A lot of ppl are going to blame (and hate) john if rhcp will split. But I won't.

I still have some hope that everything is ok, maybe ppl are overreacting.

He's my favourite musician in the world too, I won't hate him if he leaves RHCP,it would be a bit of a shame but his solo work is so much deeper and more touching and beautiful to me anyway, and I'm sure he would carry on with that, so I'm almost indifferent to wether he leaves or not.

Aurelie! Now it's my turn to say +10000000 to one of your posts :P

We are the '+10000' sisters :D

John is awesome but what about Flea?! :P

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FrI5lNvCnQ]YouTube- Flea Bass Solo w/ Chad[/ame]

:cool: