🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

Official Red Hot Chili Peppers thread

jewl*

I had hope at first, but I really really doubt that he'll come back.

And it does seem weird that there is no official statement. Though in wikipedia it says that Chad confirmed it in February in some interview :thinking:

But there should be statement at least in their web page. Their management or whatever is responsible for those things suck. They shouldn't have left the fans in silence for such a long time.

anyway

Here's a video of the whole band in Malibu:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urTkmEOpDBg]YouTube- Red Hot Chili Peppers 2010 Hanging Out[/ame]

Feel sorry for them. I'd hate to get stalked all the time

• Replies 853
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

John Frusciante's interview from the documentary The Heart Is A Drum Machine:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNfLz3j33RE&feature=player_embedded]YouTube- The Heart Is A Drum Machine - Interview with John Frusciante Part 1/5[/ame]

Other four parts are on youtube

• 3 weeks later...

The Red Hot Chili Peppers An Oral/Visual History

With Brendan Mullen

9780061351914_0_Cover.jpg

•On Sale: 10/26/2010

•AUTOBIOGRAPHY

•...Tr 9780061351914 $39.99 ($51.99)

•256 pages; 10 x 12

•200-250 color photos throughout

•Model ISBN: 9780061864155

•It Books

•Carton Qty: 8

•Selling Territory: W

•Subsidiary Rights: First serial, UK, Translation: It Books; Audio, Dramatic: Vigliano Associates, Ltd.

While there have been other biographies and photo books on the Red Hot Chili Peppers, this is the first official book about the band, by the band and the members are eager to promote it.

Red Hot Chili Peppers have sold more than 55 million albums worldwide. "Stadium Arcadium", their ninth album released in 2006, has sold over 7 million copies worldwide. They hold the record for the most number one singles on the Billboard Modern Rock Chart, with eleven, and a record of 81 weeks at #1 on the chart. Red Hot Chili Peppers—Anthony Kiedis, John Frusciante, Flea, and Chad Smith—have won seven Grammy awards.

Red Hot Chili Peppers are back in the studio as of October 2009. Their next album should be released sometime in 2010, according to Chad Smith. In an interview with Clash magazine, Smith said that the album could be finished in mid to late 2010.

The Red Hot Chili Peppers is a highly-designed package with never-before-seen photos of the band, accompanied by personalized captions and anecdotes. The book features the most definitive and private photos, along with a collection of intimate interviews with the band. This will be the must-have collector’s item for the hardcore fan.

For the first time ever, Red Hot Chili Peppers will reveal both their personal stories and the history of band, giving readers a glimpse of: what inspires them creatively, how they came together, the recording process, and never-before-revealed details of their lives outside the band.

In addition to the colorful stories and anecdotes, the package includes 200 glossy, color photos which are comprised of candid personal photos from each member and band photos, including: performance shots, promotional photos, magazine shoots, and album covers. In addition, other pieces of ephemera will be included, such as: ticket stubs, set lists, magazine covers, posters, backstage passes, and more.

Spread from the book!

9780061351914_0_Spread.jpg"

- Click here to see the 4-panel wraparound jacket for The Red Hot Chili Peppers

- Additional Spreads

Source

http://www.harpercollinscatalogs.com/harper/934_1692_313533373636.htm

• 4 weeks later...

New Chad interview about new album, new sound and Josh.

full interview here: http://www.musicradar.com/news/guitars/chad-smith-talks-new-chickenfoot-red-hot-chili-peppers-albums-250143

So even though Chickenfoot have been writing and demoing, the plan is to record in the fall, once you're done with the Chili Peppers album?

"That's right. The next Chickenfoot record is gonna kick ass, but at the moment, as you can imagine, my main focus is on the Chili Peppers. I'm definitely in Chili Peppers mode."

You're getting set to make the record soon, right?

"Real soon. Since last October we've been working on things, and probably in a few weeks we'll be going into the studio with Rick Rubin. Pre-production will take a few months, but I'd say by July we'll be laying down real tracks. We have a lot of material, probably about 20 songs."

Has everything calmed down in the band? There was so much attention to John Frusciante leaving again - understandably so.

"Yeah, things have calmed down. Things were…as you know...they were a little pressurized last year. We were sad to see John leave the band, but he has to do what he wants and follow his path."

How has Josh Klinghoffer been working out?

"We're all thrilled to have Josh be part of the group now. He's been a friend of ours for a long time. He's played with us, he's played with John - he's a real natural fit.

"Josh is a real creative force. He's going to play guitar, he's going to write music, he's going to sing and play keyboards. The guy is amazing. And the great thing is, we didn't have to go through that whole dating phase that happens sometimes and winds up weird. It's not like we held these open auditions and got in somebody who we had to figure out. We know what Josh can do and we're excited."

But still, it's going to be a different sound with Josh.

"Oh, sure. I mean, he's his own man, he's a different guy. There's little nuances and things about his playing that are going to be different, but like I said, he knows the band and we know him. We were already starting from a good point. I think people are going to really like what we do.

"And aside from what Josh is bringing to the band, Flea is doing different things. He's contributing a lot of piano-type songs. You know, he recently went to school, to USC, and he really learned a lot about theory and playing. If you grow, everybody grows - if they're open to it, which we are."

What have the other members of the Chili Peppers said to you about Chickenfoot? Do they like the band?

"You know what's funny? They haven't said anything. No, wait, I take that back...Flea did ask me once what it was like playing with Michael Anthony. That's about it."

That's so surprising. You'd think they'd be curious.

"We don't really talk about our extra-curricular activities. I mean, I went to see Flea play in his Thom Yorke project. I enjoyed it, but I don't sit around asking him about it."

Woohoo I guess.

• 2 months later...

Chad Smith says new Red Hot Chili Peppers Album out Next Year! (2011)Australian Red Hot Chili Peppers Tour Confirmed!

Chad Smith is one of the busiest rockers on the planet. Whether he's making kids records, instrumentals, hard rock, or Chili Peppers stuff this dude is a human drumming machine.

But, of course, what we all wanna know is when is there gonna be a new Red Hot Chili Peppers record? "It will be next year," revealed Chad Smith to Triple M's Ugly Phil

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLcXw0fc_Xs&feature=player_embedded]YouTube- Chad Smith says new Red Hot Chili Peppers Album out Next year & Tour Australia![/ame]

Ugly Phil went on to ask the Chadmeister whether the rumours were true that there are four new songs already in the pipeline and some of them are going to have pianos and they're going to be very different.

"You know, it's too early to say," said Smith before laughing, "It's not gonna be like an Elton John album. Not that that's a bad thing! It would be great if we could write songs that good."

This will be their tenth studio album and their first with new guitarist, Josh Klinghoffer, who not only was best mates with the old guy John Frusciante but travelled the world with the band during their last Stadium Arcadium world tour, playing back-up guitar.

In respect of a tour, Smith wouldn't confirm exact dates but he did say that when the Chili Peppers do announce a tour, Australia will definitely be on the itinerary. "Of course! We always come."

You heard it here first. The Chili Peppers are coming to Oz

http://www.triplem.com.au/melbourne/music/news//blog/chili-peppers-new-album-aussie-tour/20100623-8xkw.html (also full interview)

why so defeatist ??! Maybe they'll surprise us?! A new guitarist will probably bring a new energy and dynamic... It might be good thing :shrug: We'll have to wait and see before trashing them...

Anyway, it's been so long we haven't hear from them, they could play me the phone book, I'll be happy :lol: Can't wait to hear new Flea bass kickin ass lines :awesome:

It's not that I don't think Josh is a very talented musician, I would be an idiot if I thought that, just I feel John actually contributed the most to the band musically, I think how him and Flea worked together was tremendous live and that's not there anymore,I don't think the same chemistry will be there and I don't think they will make great music.

However good Josh is, replacing John Frusciante is going to be a near on impossible task.

Thankfully I've seen them many times live, from the Californication tour to the SA tour, including Hyde Park '04 so I feel no urge to rush out to see them live anymore.

Yah, I never saw them live :disappointed: and I'm really sad that now I'll never be able to see them live with John still there. It's like they are not the real Peppers without him.

Nevertheless, I still HAVE to see them the next time they tour.

Yah, I never saw them live :disappointed: and I'm really sad that now I'll never be able to see them live with John still there. It's like they are not the real Peppers without him.

Nevertheless, I still HAVE to see them the next time they tour.

Agreed. I also must see them next tour! I hope the new album turns out to be good :D

You all are lucky that you live in locations that they actually visit....

I found this:

Download HQ Footage RHCP Concert at Rock Am Ring 05-06-2004

FULL HQ Video & Audio of the Red Hot Chili Peppers concert at the Rock Am Ring on June 5th 2004 is now available for download! You can download the entire footage of the show or the audio only! Many thanks to peppers fan for his hard work in recording and uploading this concert to share with the fans! Many thanks also go out to Henrik for his hard work in sharing the audio of the concert with us!

Setlist

01. Can't Stop

02. Emit Remmus

03. Around The World

04. Hard Headed Woman (John)

05. Scar Tissue

06. By The Way

07. Brandy (You're A Fine Girl)

08. Tiny Dancer (John)

09. Otherside

10. Guns of Brixton (John)

11. My Lovely Man

12. The Zephyr Song

13. Get On Top

14. Mini Epic

15. Throw Away Your Television

16. Californication

17. Transmission (Intro) / Right On Time

18. Parallel Universe

ENCORE

19. Under The Bridge

20. Black Cross

21. If We Were Just Babies (Flea)

22. Give It Away

Download from there:

EDIT: You know what, I feel bad for doing this, some guy worked so hard to upload this and I'm just doing copy paste....

PM if you want the links to download video and audio.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsIhuZ0azPY&feature=player_embedded]YouTube- Red Hot Chili Peppers - Mini Epic (Kill For Your Country)[/ame]

It's not that I don't think Josh is a very talented musician, I would be an idiot if I thought that, just I feel John actually contributed the most to the band musically, I think how him and Flea worked together was tremendous live and that's not there anymore,I don't think the same chemistry will be there and I don't think they will make great music.

However good Josh is, replacing John Frusciante is going to be a near on impossible task.

Thankfully I've seen them many times live, from the Californication tour to the SA tour, including Hyde Park '04 so I feel no urge to rush out to see them live anymore.

Yeah, this is pretty accurate. I don't think they can replace John. The new project may be good, but the dynamic will not be the same. The trio of John, Flea, and Chad could blow most bands out of the water.

Yeah, this is pretty accurate. I don't think they can replace John. The new project may be good, but the dynamic will not be the same. The trio of John, Flea, and Chad could blow most bands out of the water.

This is exactly how I feel too, it's just not going to work out, the John/Flea combo created special music no other bands can do, they were very lucky to have one of the best Bass players ever alongside one of the finest guitarists of modern times not only in the same band but being able to gel with each other and be on the same page musically.

Watching John and Flea jam live is one of the most special musical events I've been fortunate enough to witness.

I can't see this happening again, RHCP without John is like sex without an orgasm.....somewhat lacking.

Josh Klinghoffer & Flea play national anthem at Dodger stadium on June 25th

New Red Hot Chili Peppers Guitarist Josh Klinghoffer and Red Hot Chili Peppers Bassist Flea play the national anthem at the Dodger Stadium in Los Angeles on June 25th 2010

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImQE30V6xi4&feature=player_embedded]YouTube- Flea Josh Klinghoffer Play National Anthem Dodger Stadium LA June 25th 2010[/ame]

• 3 weeks later...

Anthony Kiedis in Russian Esquire Magazine July 2010

Anthony Kiedis Article featured in July 2010 edition of Russian Esquire Magazine! Scans and translated transcript below.

anthony_kiedis_russian_esquire_july_2010.jpg

unbenanntggggg.png

anthony-kiedis-esquire-july-2010-scan1.jpg

anthony-kiedis-esquire-july-2010-scan2.jpg

anthony-kiedis-esquire-july-2010-scan3.jpg

Transcript

Rules of Life

Everyone has the right to tell his story.

I think I owe the fact that when i was 13, I have already traveled in the Austin Hill driven by my father. His brain possessed acid, and there was Barry Manilow on the radio.

I do not remember much about my past. Not much, at least, like me sometimes want to. Sometimes I even read the old magazines, to somehow collect in my head the events that happened several years ago.

Once upon a time, at the very beginning, we were so deep in the ass, that we had to sell John's guitar, . But I do not regret it. While certainly a pity that we did not wait with this sale. I think today we would be rescued much more.

Previously, I had a terrible drug pig, but now I become someone else. But the pie is not from one piece.

The therapeutic effect of truth is clearly underestimated.

I grew up on drugs. They fed me and it was scary. The telephone rang and I shuddered, because I never knew what I can hear. As someone has choked by vomit or had been overdosed and was taken to the hospital.

While there is sex and drugs, you can always do without the rock and roll.

I have a complicated attitude towards drugs. They leave a hole in you and you should always fill it. But drugs may well go with you. Of course, if you're lucky enough to stay alive.

They say fury makes your cock harder. But I was never able to test this.

I see a plus in the daily chaos multiplies: beauty, is born as a protest, settled in the minds of increasing numbers of people.

The world around us is changing so fast that people just do not have time to change after him.

People living better in those moments when they do not know that can live better.

Changing things is more interesting than invent them.

Our rider is unlikely to surprise anyone. We ask the fridge with fruits and vegetables, water and tea. Everything else we bring with us. Although, of course, we have a few strange requests. For example, we always demand the dwarf albino from Tasmania. But every day they become something more familiar.

I am surprised that we are still together.

Yes, in that video I kissed Dave Navarro. So what? Am I a faggot?! In this way think only those who barely restrained themselves from fucking some blue-eyed classmate. Everything that I want is to make a good video. But, thank God, there is russians. Kissing between men is the norm for them.

I do not like inconsistent homophobia.

I think it is from my father...This burning passion to get acquainted with all the beautiful girls in the world.

Become happy - this is the most radical solution, which I took in my life.

In the words of Bob Dylan - if, of course, was he - for every open door there is always the one that is open. And for there is always something wild that deprives you to sleep.

With Dylan's music is hard to argue.

I remember that I was so fond of punk rock, that I could not even listen to Duran Duran.

I do not sure that music that I like must be popular.

Funk is always with me, this miserable bastard. He smashes me in the face and shout: "I'm here, dude!" He winds on the leeward side and quietly sneaks up and then attack when you expect it .

I am convinced that in its essence art can not bring the violence. Because it fills your head with a desire to create, rather than the desire of destruction.

You know that expression - piss and vinegar? This is something of what made the children ... You've got to heard this expression... Piss with vinegar - it is a situation when everything is possible. And everything that you just might need, you can find in yourself.

People do not listen to those who express their thoughts too clear.

I've changed recently, and it's a pity.The fierce naive young Anthony is already dead. But I loved her so much.

When I think: "Dude, fucking motel, handful of drugs for a few hundred dollars will carry you away to a mother." And I always look at your dog. Believe me, Buster had never seen me stoned.

It seems that Buster does not know that I'm a star. Because it pisses on the floor and eats furniture legs as if I docker.

I hope that my friends and family never read "Scar Tissue"

Anything that does not kill you, makes my memoirs longer.

Before the concert the main thing - eat plenty. The rest comes by itself.

You'll never be able to live a week for five days

• 1 month later...

No one is interested in RHCP anymore. Kind of sad

Anyways

Anthony Kiedis talks about recording new Red Hot Chili Peppers material and John Frusciante's Departure during an interview at the Surfrider's Celebrity Expression Session on September 11th 2010

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ud8Dm38EOOk&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Anthony Kiedis Interview Surfrider 11.09.10 Talks NEW Red Hot Chili Peppers Album & John Frusciante[/ame]

No one is interested in RHCP anymore. Kind of sad

Anyways

Anthony Kiedis talks about recording new Red Hot Chili Peppers material and John Frusciante's Departure during an interview at the Surfrider's Celebrity Expression Session on September 11th 2010

YouTube - Anthony Kiedis Interview Surfrider 11.09.10 Talks NEW Red Hot Chili Peppers Album & John Frusciante

Thanks for the ITV :) Glad to see him at peace with John's departure and the new stuff. I don't think it will be revolutionnary, but they've been silent for so long, I think I could be happy with them playing the phonebook :lol: