✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Random Coldplay thoughts...

alyssa

I was just looking at the Make a story thread (the @Jaytheblue one). Those stories reminded me of a question I have quite a bit... well, who were the original Coldplay? Are they split now? Are they still together? Do they have any songs? Are they still writing songs? What is their msuic like, if they have any original songs? I'm asking this because in all the info I read they don't mention anything about the band specifically. Mysterious and intriguing....

I also searched up "who were the original Coldplay" and nothing that I was looking for came up. Of course that can be tracked back to poor searchwords but hey, what better could I do? :P

No need to, I know the answer for I looked into that a while ago ! :D

Tim Crompton and friends renamed themselves into The Bettina Motive and released one EP in 2002 by the name of Fully Spun. They don't seem to have released anything after that...

That link actually works for me LOL

But you explain it better :P

But that's interesting... thanks for telling me, that's interesting. The original Coldplay actually did release an EP... and now no one knows about where Coldplay actually came from. No one probably knows about that EP either, and what the original Coldplay actually were :P

Interesting information though. Thanks! :D

The link does explain where he is now though.

Here is more info about it (it was interesting to see that Chris's Parachutes Era girlfriend Lily Sobhani was involved with the work !)

http://www.discogs.com/Bettina-Motive-Fully-Spun/release/3828186

In fact, that seems to be so rare you actually can't find it on YouTube... I tried but no luck ! It looks like to me that I'll never know what they sound like then :( Not the biggest deal though XD it does say what style, and it is rock... interesting.

In fact, that seems to be so rare you actually can't find it on YouTube... I tried but no luck ! It looks like to me that I'll never know what they sound like then :( Not the biggest deal though XD it does say what style, and it is rock... interesting.

I know, the only chance is to buy a used CD. If I was in UK I'd do that, but not with these shipping costs...hope that one day someone will leak it onto the web.

Thanks for the link to the Oracle, didn't know this Tim was still in a band...and found this article (which has Coldplay-bashing in the first line...plus, I doubt Chris just wanted them for their music but for the fact that it is his old friend's band...and he took their name :D)

http://www.theguardian.com/music/2009/nov/16/new-band-high-wire

• Like 1

I know, the only chance is to buy a used CD. If I was in UK I'd do that, but not with these shipping costs...hope that one day someone will leak it onto the web.

Thanks for the link to the Oracle, didn't know this Tim was still in a band...and found this article (which has Coldplay-bashing in the first line...plus, I doubt Chris just wanted them for their music but for the fact that it is his old friend's band...and he took their name :D)

http://www.theguardian.com/music/2009/nov/16/new-band-high-wire

Typical of The Guardian...

Guest diogo_sg
No need to, I know the answer for I looked into that a while ago ! :D

Tim Crompton and friends renamed themselves into The Bettina Motive and released one EP in 2002 by the name of Fully Spun. They don't seem to have released anything after that...

I thought they had taken the name from Keane :s

So I tried this

30c2fb5754731a04d55a8630bc431725.jpg

Sent from my Death Star using Tapatalk

Godlike huh. Funny I heard from the Instagrams that they were going to receive the "Godlike Genius" award from NME.

Me thinks the title is just a tad bit overblown.

Guest diogo_sg
Did you start having a Coldplay attack?

Not really. I just turned to my friend and said "what a lucky day!". It took a while for him to get why I said it, though. I had a...huh...not very good day yesterday so hearing Coldplay in the first class of the day was just what I needed :)

A local TV music program wants fans to vote for their favorite band: Coldplay or Maroon 5

So, if you fancy helping me a little bit :) I want to see Coldplay

[MEDIA=twitter]689204868578316288[/MEDIA]

Mobile Link: https://twitter.com/tvtelehit/status/689204868578316288?s=09

I'm not entirely sure what I'm supposed to do with that because it doesn't mention Coldplay....