✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Random Coldplay thoughts...

alyssa

I have this list of Coldplay songs about 35 songs and they're slower more calming ones. I sometimes listen to it.

Up in Flames & Everglow are included. What's interesting is, in contrast to all the others, especially Up In Flames, they seem shallow. Like something's missing. When Up in Flames come on I'm a tad disappointed because I know it's shallow. I still really like Up in Flames since I can feel the emotion in is though, and I still like it a lot, but definetely a drop in quality from the early songs. That being said Oceans,. Fly On & Midnight were comparable so everything's not lost. Just a random thought I wanted to share. Thought it was interesting.

• Like 2

I have this list of Coldplay songs about 35 songs and they're slower more calming ones. I sometimes listen to it.

Up in Flames & Everglow are included. What's interesting is, in contrast to all the others, especially Up In Flames, they seem shallow. Like something's missing. When Up in Flames come on I'm a tad disappointed because I know it's shallow. I still really like Up in Flames since I can feel the emotion in is though, and I still like it a lot, but definetely a drop in quality from the early songs. That being said Oceans,. Fly On & Midnight were comparable so everything's not lost. Just a random thought I wanted to share. Thought it was interesting.

i understand your point. i feel the same way about uif. and did feel like that about everglow when i first heard it. but the live version is starting to grow on me. i like the live version much better than i initially did like the song.

• Like 1

It is interesting! Yeah, I have that feeling too about Up In Flames, but just like you, I still like it. And what you said: '' I still really like Up in Flames since I can feel the emotion in is though, and I still like it a lot, but definetely a drop in quality from the early songs.'' , This is very well said. I totally agree!

• Like 1

^ I feel like the strings were a very good addition and made the song a lot better. The piano is very nice and simple IMO. The drumbeat is super poor however most of the reason why it's not as good. The ending part is really good though, the song gets better as it goes! :D

What exactly do you mean by that ? :)

Ah it was not meant as a question, but I can see that it looks like a question cuz I omitted the pronoun haha

I meant "I fancy a Viva marathon this evening" :) Im listening to it now....but hey if someone wanna join me you´re welcome!! :D Then we can all geek about it in the off topic thread haha

If someone wanna listen to it together, we can make a Viva + Prospekt marathon and discuss/geek about each track on the Off Topic thread :) Im already listening but i have no problem starting over again hehe :)

I'd really love to do that once, but this evening is not ideal for me, sorry ! Maybe another time ?

If someone wanna listen to it together, we can make a Viva + Prospekt marathon and discuss/geek about each track on the Off Topic thread :) Im already listening but i have no problem starting over again hehe :)

This sounds great. Hopefully we can do this soon. I think it's better to arrange a date in the weekend.

Yeah, weekend is a good idea. Althoug with all our different time zones, the time itself will also be a problem I think...

Not necessarily. I see a few night owls here hehe :P We shall see :) You know what they say...."where there´s a Will , there´s a Jonny..." oh no... I meant "where there´s a will, there´s a way" LOL

• Like 3

LMAO

Actually, this time of day would in general be good for me, in case you wanna consider me as a potential listener !

Consider? You´re already in! Or at least I hope you will want to :) This time right now fits me best too to be honest...now we just need @alisbe to confirm and whoever else wanna join :)

It´d be pretty nifty to geek out among Coldplayers at a listening party :sneaky::smart:

• Like 1

Consider? You´re already in! Or at least I hope you will want to :) This time right now fits me best too to be honest...now we just need @alisbe to confirm and whoever else wanna join :)

It´d be pretty nifty to geek out among Coldplayers at a listening party :sneaky::smart:

Of course!