✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Random Coldplay thoughts...

alyssa

I would....if someone gave me £2000

I was filling in a copy during my English classes when I saw this:

33592866e6897fac43c286e70643255d.jpg

If you look at one of the lines, you can see that it looks a bit weird - that's because of my excitement [emoji38]

Lucky you! :dazzled:this will be me if I ever saw something like that

• Like 1

So I just stumbled upon this lovely #R42 blog back in 2012 (regarding the BRITs and performing with Noel Gallagher http://www.coldplay.com/newsdetail.php?id=915). And there is this bit:

The piano is right next to Noel’s amps. As you’d expect, this is the place to be for getting the full effect of the Gallagher guitar. Noel stamps on a pedal and starts off a loop of glorious noise. Immediately Chris is on his feet and shouting “what the hell is that?”.

Chris has his iPhone out to record it, excitedly proclaiming it the most amazing thing he’s ever heard. Noel is laughing as the pedal loops away through the stack.

Fast forward to the dressing room on the show day and Chris is handing me the pedal responsible for all the fuss. It turns out that Noel has come in today and motioned Chris over to his dressing room next door with the words “I’ve got a little present for yer…”

Chris is holding it with great reverence and excitement. “Can you record what’s in here immediately? And then give it Rik? We’re going to take it back to the studio and run it through Jonny’s rig and mic it up”. The pedal is only the size of a block of butter, but I find myself carrying it through the backstage in both hands as though dropping it could send the whole place up in smoke.

Where it’ll end up, I’ve no idea, but if it finds its way into a song, Noel could easily be playing on the next record without ever having set foot in the studio. Wonderful madness…

So, what do you think? Was this the birth of Up&Up already back then? :)

• Like 3

So I just stumbled upon this lovely #R42 blog back in 2012 (regarding the BRITs and performing with Noel Gallagher http://www.coldplay.com/newsdetail.php?id=915). And there is this bit:

So, what do you think? Was this the birth of Up&Up already back then? :)

i think the birth of Up&Up in this context (having Noel be on a track) probably came from whenever the boys met Oasis and starting being friends with Noel :lol::P

if i remember correctly, wasn't the Up&Up riff one Jonny developed first, then they had Noel come in later? :thinking:

• Like 1

:lol::P

if i remember correctly, wasn't the Up&Up riff one Jonny developed first, then they had Noel come in later? :thinking:

Yeah I have no idea actually, I still think it remains quite a mystery as to which riff/solo belongs to whom nad how it developed... haha

• Like 1

Guest diogo_sg
Does anyone know what the name of the font they used in the AROBTTH era is?

Isn't it Albertus Medium? Just like in Parachutes and X&Y :thinking:

First of all, let's be serious, Coldplay has so much money that they can hire almost everyone and it's more logical to pay a certain amount of money to an artist than lose more of it on compensation. It would also be bad for their image. Second, Vania Heymann did these types of collages before he started working with them so the only person who could copy this is Vania.

They're a bit late with this news haha, this artist Sammy Slabbinck was already interviewed on the radio about this topic when the Up&Up video was just released. I posted something about this here as well back then. But yeah, its all very similar to his work indeed. However I don't think the responsibility lies with Coldplay, instead, it lies with the creative teams and artist. So they should be the ones acknowledging him and his work (if they really used it at all). Then it would be nice of Coldplay to mention him too though, although I don't think they are obliged to.

And in the end, what is and what isn't original these days? Nearly everything has been used by everyone at this stage (Flower Of Life, Graffitti walls, Holi powder etc.)

• Like 1

I saw this on twitter and I thought it was a joke but it's real. It’s a poster for the animated movie Sing. There is something that caught my attention

[ATTACH=full]6250[/ATTACH]

Baboon5, Piranha, No Trout. Lmao. I want to watch this movie xD

Why are there only three penguins in the Coldplayers cover though D:

• Like 5