✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Random Coldplay thoughts...

alyssa

I've been watching (and listening to) Live 2003 over and over during the last days since our great listening party. Besides, yesterday they put In My Place on the local radio, which is very rare because in the spanish radio they usually play only popular songs like VLV, AOAL, Clocks or Paradise... so I've freaked out and started to sing and dance like crazy haha :joy:

• Like 2

I can relate, In My Place is a song that always makes we want to bounce around weirdly :joy:

When you think about it, slow songs left out of consideration, is there a "normal" way to dance on any of the Coldplay songs? [emoji1]

• Like 2

This morning when I was going to class I had my mp4 on the shuffle mode and Up&Up started to sound. At the same time the sun was rising... and that was an amazing feeling. Suddenly I've felt so happy and optimistic about the new day... love how Coldplay is able to make me feel things like this :)

• Like 3

So I usually listen to Coldplay in the car because I have it downloaded on my phone, but today I thought I'd listen to the radio.

The DJ comes on and says Crayola retired the Dandelion Yellow crayon, so in honor of that, he is going to play Yellow by Coldplay.

I can't get away from Coldplay!

• Like 5

I'll post a nice interview of Jonny and Chris, which was only filmed today, I think. They have been asked some very interesting questions.

yessss, i love that people are asking them these questions about the type of music they're making now vs back then. but i feel like sometimes Chris misses the point and only thinks about it in terms of people outside the fandom critiquing their work. or maybe that is the point and it's my own experiences in the fandom that are making me think he should be talking about those of us who also share those feelings instead :P

• Like 1

but i feel like sometimes Chris misses the point and only thinks about it in terms of people outside the fandom critiquing their work. or maybe that is the point and it's my own experiences in the fandom that are making me think he should be talking about those of us who also share those feelings instead :p

That's exactly what I thought as well. Seems like he does not realize or want to acknowledge that a lot of the fan basis that Coldplay grew upon do not like their new direction...

• Like 1

That's exactly what I thought as well. Seems like he does not realize or want to acknowledge that a lot of the fan basis that Coldplay grew upon do not like their new direction...

and I think others do not realize or want to acknowledge that the other fans don't mind their new direction.

I think Chris said it nicely when he said Parachutes was a great album...but they've made that album already!

• Like 6

and I think others do not realize or want to acknowledge that the other fans don't mind their new direction.

I think Chris said it nicely when he said Parachutes was a great album...but they've made that album already!

i feel like it's probably something Chris isn't even thinking about. i just get that sense. but also to this point, saying that a lot of the fan basis that Coldplay grew upon don't like their new direction... it's been that way for a decade. i know we love to divide Coldplay into the first four albums and the last three, but i would say this sort of thing has been happening since X&Y.

so i can see how it also doesn't seem to be a new pressing issue? because honestly most of those people are just gone. period. they aren't around still critiquing Coldplay's new work. the fans who came in around that period or after and have stayed around? those are the people i see now saying they prefer the older stuff. but they aren't the people who were around back then. doesn't make it any less valid, just saying that the actual people who supported Coldplay back then are mostly not the same ones supporting them today (no matter what the opinion of the music is) and haven't been for a long time. maybe now we have more material to critique and more overarching patterns to see in the material, but Coldplay don't care about that because they've been dealing with this every album. like Chris says, some people like it, some people don't.

personally i would just love to pick their brains about it and dig deeper into their perspectives, but that would probably never happen. that's OK :P

• Like 3

yessss, i love that people are asking them these questions about the type of music they're making now vs back then. but i feel like sometimes Chris misses the point and only thinks about it in terms of people outside the fandom critiquing their work. or maybe that is the point and it's my own experiences in the fandom that are making me think he should be talking about those of us who also share those feelings instead :p

"It's great you know we love it but we've already made it". It's just so true like as much as we can whine about wanting them to make something back like what they used to make. I just feel like Chris is right they've changed, like we all do, and that's what they wanted to say then. What they want to say now is most likely quite different.

• Like 2

"It's great you know we love it but we've already made it". It's just so true like as much as we can whine about wanting them to make something back like what they used to make. I just feel like Chris is right they've changed, like we all do, and that's what they wanted to say then. What they want to say now is most likely quite different.

oh, so what i didn't really say at all in my original post is that i do love the answer he gave about the Parachutes-specific question, saying that in some ways that album was commercial too :P

Ah yes, I had forgotten that it is not well received to utter slightly Coldplay-/Chris-critical opinions in public here. Don't worry y'all, I'll restrict this kind of opinions to the Oldplaying thread from now on. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Ah yes, I had forgotten that it is not well received to utter slightly Coldplay-/Chris-critical opinions in public here. Don't worry y'all, I'll restrict this kind of opinions to the Oldplaying thread from now on. :rolleyes:

o...k...?

a bit of an overreaction considering it was just a difference of opinion, but do whatever you feel is right. i'm not bothered by where you choose to go and make your comments either way.