✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Random Coldplay thoughts...

alyssa

I really enjoy how mellow and chill Ghost Stories is. It’s like a laid-back Mylo Xyloto album, you know? Very melodic and simple (in a good way) like Mylo but more chill.

Totally agree.

For some reason I only like to listen to Ghost Stories in my car when it's raining/snowing outside. It kinda makes it more special. The mood just doesn't work for me on a sunny day. It's magical driving down the road, listening to GS when it's snowing outside.

• Like 5

Totally agree.

For some reason I only like to listen to Ghost Stories in my car when it's raining/snowing outside. It kinda makes it more special. The mood just doesn't work for me on a sunny day. It's magical driving down the road, listening to GS when it's snowing outside.

I often listen to the Ghost Stories album while taking a shower for an unknown reason. Perhaps, the music itself makes me feel like experiencing soul purification whilst I'm literally letting the water wash all over my body. :joy:

Totally agree.

Yes, it does have a somber overtone to it for sure. I have never listened to while driving in the rain. I bet that would enhance the experience. :) But I don’t get snow down here in Texas. Lol. Thanks for the tip. :)

• Like 1

So I'm not usually a fan of covers of Coldplay songs. I'd say about 95% of covers don't capture the emotion in Chris' voice.

This is a really unique cover and I completely wouldn't expect it to work, but it works. I love it. If you haven't seen this, check it out.

• Like 1

What version of talk was used to make the Thin White Duke remix? I cant find it anywhere

Is that the one that has the lyrics "when you worry about the future and the third world war" ?

That version has indeed never been made public.

• Like 1

Hi, does anybody have (or can make) a high resolution scan of the lyrics of AHFOD and AOAL? The ones from the CD booklet in black with the colourful writing? I would love to print those as posters as I find the words very inspiring and suitable for a play room/creativity room. Or maybe there are posters for sale that I haven't found yet ... any hint in the right direction is very much appreciated.

Thanks a lot in advance!

• Like 1

So today it's been exactly 3 years since I came to Coldplaying ! And I'm really grateful to have found this wonderful, amazing, supportive community !

Β 

Year No. 3 of my existence on this forum was the best so far - during this time, I saw Coldplay six times, saw several of you while queuing in front of venues and ate pizza in Frankfurt/got lost in Hamburg/watched fireworks in Paris with one of you :blush:

Β 

To celebrate this I'm wearing a Love Button on my shirt for 24 hours, something which I've never done before ! I started at Midnight, currently on hour No.11 :joy:

• Like 11

So today it's been exactly 3 years since I came to Coldplaying ! And I'm really grateful to have found this wonderful, amazing, supportive community !

Β 

Year No. 3 of my existence on this forum was the best so far - during this time, I saw Coldplay six times, saw several of you while queuing in front of venues and ate pizza in Frankfurt/got lost in Hamburg/watched fireworks in Paris with one of you :blush:

Β 

To celebrate this I'm wearing a Love Button on my shirt for 24 hours, something which I've never done before ! I started at Midnight, currently on hour No.11 :joy:

Six times in one year?! I wish, i never saw them, and i wont for a long time
  • Like 2

Six times in one year?! I wish, i never saw them, and i wont for a long time

The more I think about it, the more I agree this is kind of insane.

Better not think about it too much...it may actually be lucky they don't tour every year !

Β 

And don't give up, @Gsilva. Opportunities often come unexpected. For a long, long time I thought I was never going to see Coldplay live, but then it happened !

• Like 2

The more I think about it, the more I agree this is kind of insane.

Better not think about it too much...it may actually be lucky they don't tour every year !

Β 

And don't give up, @Gsilva. Opportunities often come unexpected. For a long, long time I thought I was never going to see Coldplay live, but then it happened !

You were so lucky atending a show were you were so close to them and were they interacted a lot with the audience.

I saw them once, this past summer in Massachusetts.

I can't even describe the feeling when the lights went down, 60,0000 xylobands turned on, "a wonderful adventure, a wonderful adventure" echoing in the background and Will started drumming the intro to AHFOD. It was all worth it just for that moment.

And then especially when Yellow kicked on and people were smoking pot near us lol, it was a magical experience.

And it was just surreal to watch them perform Clocks, Fix You, VLV- songs that have been part of me since my childhood.

Β 

I'd love to join you next time they come to Portugal haha

• Like 7

"a wonderful adventure, a wonderful adventure" echoing in the background

This. That moment when "a wonderful adventure, a wonderful adventure, a wonderful adventure" echoes and the beat sets in is still the most striking memory I retain from the first full-length Coldplay concert I attended :heart:

• Like 5

This. That moment when "a wonderful adventure, a wonderful adventure, a wonderful adventure" echoes and the beat sets in is still the most striking memory I retain from the first full-length Coldplay concert I attended :heart:

Β 

I totally agree. @Gsilva , @Zero Theory is absolutely right on. A magical experience!

I fell in love with Coldplay at the age of 18. I know exactly where I was (in my best friend's older brother's car), what I was wearing, what my best friend's brother said to me before putting on the Parachutes CD which was just released a few months prior. He said this (and excuse the swear word but it's truth): "You've got to listen to this new British band I've been listening to, they are fucking righteous". This was my first time ever hearing Coldplay. I was mesmerized. And then the 5th song (Yellow) came on and I was totally beside myself. The most beautiful song I had ever heard, instantly became my favorite song by any band of all time, and that remains unchanged.

Β 

Anyway, the reason I typed the above info is because, despite being such a huge fan, I did not get to see them live until last August--nearly 17 years after the first time I heard them and fell in love with their amazing artistry. It wasn't intentional of course--every time they had gone on tour before I saw them last year, I had huge life events that coincided with them coming around to my area. Being in college and broke and no vehicle to get me there (ROBTTH tour), then getting married closely followed by my maid of honor losing her baby due to a horrible case of pre-eclampsia followed closely by gaining two gorgeous little sisters (my dad and step-mom adopted them from Russia) and helping them learn English and adapt to life with their new family (this all happened around the Twisted Logic tour--my sisters arrived literally a few days before Coldplay was coming close to me), and my family and best friend needed me and I wouldn't leave their side for even a minute.

Then the VLV tour and them coming to the arena really close to me happened literally days after we brought our first child home from the hospital. He had been in the hospital for 3.5 months and came home on oxygen, a sleep apnea monitor, and had many medical needs. I could not leave him for a night.

Mylo Xyloto would have been more do-able for me but the closest they came to us was 6 hours away and we were in the middle of moving. Our closing date on our new house was only 2 days after the concert date we were looking at. With that on the horizon and two young kiddos, it just wasn't do-able.

Β 

Soooooooooo.......that brings us to the AHFOD tour. My husband bought me tickets for my birthday, which was 8 months prior to seeing them. I literally leaped out of bed every morning for those 8 months because it was one day closer to seeing my beloved band. Every time I ran last summer, Coldplay was blasting in my ear (literally listened to nothing else). Needless to say, once the day finally came it felt like a dream and when that opening "a wonderful adventure, a wonderful adventure" came on, I literally started bawling. Then after they did AHFOD and Yellow came on, I started bawling even harder! Literally the best moment of my entire life (well, getting married and having my 3 kids is right up there, too :)). My husband had to practically hold me up I was crying so hard and by the end of the song his shirt was soaked, haha! I cried through most of the concert, I was just beside myself with emotion because I had wanted to see them for. so. long. Nearly half my life! So for about 3/4 of the concert I was watching through majorly watery puffy eyes. Luckily they were in Omaha only 2 days later and my wonderful husband was like "we have to do this" and we saw them in Omaha too. And had even better tickets for Omaha. We have been married for 12 years and we agree that those two days were two of the absolute most awesome days of our marriage together.

Β 

Point is, @Gsilva , the first time you see them it will be an absolutely unbelievably perfect experience. Be it several years like me, or if you get to see them next go-around, you will be blown away!!

Β 

PS: Sorry this is so long, I can go on and on about my love for Coldplay, as I am sure most everyone on here could easily do :)

• Like 11

I totally agree. @Gsilva , @Zero Theory is absolutely right on. A magical experience!

I fell in love with Coldplay at the age of 18. I know exactly where I was (in my best friend's older brother's car), what I was wearing, what my best friend's brother said to me before putting on the Parachutes CD which was just released a few months prior. He said this (and excuse the swear word but it's truth): "You've got to listen to this new British band I've been listening to, they are fucking righteous". This was my first time ever hearing Coldplay. I was mesmerized. And then the 5th song (Yellow) came on and I was totally beside myself. The most beautiful song I had ever heard, instantly became my favorite song by any band of all time, and that remains unchanged.

Β 

Anyway, the reason I typed the above info is because, despite being such a huge fan, I did not get to see them live until last August--nearly 17 years after the first time I heard them and fell in love with their amazing artistry. It wasn't intentional of course--every time they had gone on tour before I saw them last year, I had huge life events that coincided with them coming around to my area. Being in college and broke and no vehicle to get me there (ROBTTH tour), then getting married closely followed by my maid of honor losing her baby due to a horrible case of pre-eclampsia followed closely by gaining two gorgeous little sisters (my dad and step-mom adopted them from Russia) and helping them learn English and adapt to life with their new family (this all happened around the Twisted Logic tour--my sisters arrived literally a few days before Coldplay was coming close to me), and my family and best friend needed me and I wouldn't leave their side for even a minute.

Then the VLV tour and them coming to the arena really close to me happened literally days after we brought our first child home from the hospital. He had been in the hospital for 3.5 months and came home on oxygen, a sleep apnea monitor, and had many medical needs. I could not leave him for a night.

Mylo Xyloto would have been more do-able for me but the closest they came to us was 6 hours away and we were in the middle of moving. Our closing date on our new house was only 2 days after the concert date we were looking at. With that on the horizon and two young kiddos, it just wasn't do-able.

Β 

Soooooooooo.......that brings us to the AHFOD tour. My husband bought me tickets for my birthday, which was 8 months prior to seeing them. I literally leaped out of bed every morning for those 8 months because it was one day closer to seeing my beloved band. Every time I ran last summer, Coldplay was blasting in my ear (literally listened to nothing else). Needless to say, once the day finally came it felt like a dream and when that opening "a wonderful adventure, a wonderful adventure" came on, I literally started bawling. Then after they did AHFOD and Yellow came on, I started bawling even harder! Literally the best moment of my entire life (well, getting married and having my 3 kids is right up there, too :)). My husband had to practically hold me up I was crying so hard and by the end of the song his shirt was soaked, haha! I cried through most of the concert, I was just beside myself with emotion because I had wanted to see them for. so. long. Nearly half my life! So for about 3/4 of the concert I was watching through majorly watery puffy eyes. Luckily they were in Omaha only 2 days later and my wonderful husband was like "we have to do this" and we saw them in Omaha too. And had even better tickets for Omaha. We have been married for 12 years and we agree that those two days were two of the absolute most awesome days of our marriage together.

Β 

Point is, @Gsilva , the first time you see them it will be an absolutely unbelievably perfect experience. Be it several years like me, or if you get to see them next go-around, you will be blown away!!

Β 

PS: Sorry this is so long, I can go on and on about my love for Coldplay, as I am sure most everyone on here could easily do :)

Damn, it seems that the universe didnt want you to go to a concert. But in the end you managed to go, wich is good.
  • Like 2

So I'm not usually a fan of covers of Coldplay songs. I'd say about 95% of covers don't capture the emotion in Chris' voice.

This is a really unique cover and I completely wouldn't expect it to work, but it works. I love it. If you haven't seen this, check it out.

Incredible!!!!!!!!
  • Like 1

I saw them once, this past summer in Massachusetts.

I can't even describe the feeling when the lights went down, 60,0000 xylobands turned on, "a wonderful adventure, a wonderful adventure" echoing in the background and Will started drumming the intro to AHFOD. It was all worth it just for that moment.

And then especially when Yellow kicked on and people were smoking pot near us lol, it was a magical experience.

And it was just surreal to watch them perform Clocks, Fix You, VLV- songs that have been part of me since my childhood.

Β 

I'd love to join you next time they come to Portugal haha

I went to that concert too!

• Like 2

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Oh my, what a story ! So glad you could finally go, 17 years after you first heard them !

• Like 2

I just recently learned that Coldplay auctioned off most of their equipment in 2009, right after the last viva shows. Does anyone know why they did it? I get the charity part, but surely something major must have happened to warrant such a 'refresh'?

As I understood, it was because the decade of the 2000s was ending, and that meant Coldplay had been a band for (a little over) a decade. Hence it was called End of Decade sale.