🪐 MY UNIVERSE | COLDPLAY X BTS | OUT SEPTEMBER 14TH 🛰

Random Coldplay thoughts...

AE355D56-0E1A-44A3-83E0-A785A2B0CDC8.thumb.jpeg.ea868c7f58a6a5f457f8ed32248286c6.jpeg

On songfacts

"On the second album I was thinking there was something missing. I was in this really dark room in Liverpool, and there was a piano so old and out of tune. I really wanted to try and work out the George Harrison song 'Isn't It A Pity,' but I couldn't. Then this song came out at once. I said, 'Can you turn on the recorder?' The first time I sung it is what's out there."

But chris bullshits so much (he admited that he sometimes comes up with stories to tell the interviewers)

that's from the biography, so if it is bullshit, the at least use the same story every time

• Like 2
  • Replies 41.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just wanted to say, after 5 years of being part of the Coldplay fandom, first on Coldplaying, now on Coldplaying, Twitter and other platforms, a wonderful thing happened today: Coldplay followed me

On this day exactly 5 years ago, a young and innocent person who was just getting really into Coldplay wanted to sign up on a forum called Coldplaying. Faced with the question of what to pick as a use

Today exactly 5 years ago, I joined the Coldplaying community and I don't regret that that. To be honest, it's probably one of the best things that have happened in my life! I had never thought I woul

Posted Images

Sorry, I thought I had replied. Like I said she is really bad with names, so she couldn't remember Chris' name, but when she thinks of Coldplay she mostly thinks of Chris (like most people who aren't Coldplayers)... The last few days I got her addicted to them though :joy:. I was at her house and we were listening to Coldplay from my phone all day ( I also kept giving her fun facts about each song :p ) and then she had a long trip and said she kept listening to Coldplay for the whole trip and she also started watching some interviews!

Wow that's great! I wish I could get more people into Coldplay haha

• Like 1

I hadnt selected any music yet and was thinking about listening to another artist on Spotify but while I was trying to switch over to Search, all the sudden A Rush of Blood to the Head started playing. I said "Well OK then Mr Martin." :p

• Like 3
I hadnt selected any music yet and was thinking about listening to another artist on Spotify but while I was trying to switch over to Search, all the sudden A Rush of Blood to the Head started playing. I said "Well OK then Mr Martin." :p
Me too, i have tried to listen more to keane, u2, oasis, snow patrol, gotye, the fray..... but Coldplay allways come back to me. Its like a parasite.
  • Like 2

lurker here. still no new on the live album huh? I must be one of the few bands of the band who really don't mind too much about it. We already have Live 2012 for the stadium era of the band.

^ I lurked for years before the release of MX and then started posting. haha

And no news, other than IT IS happening. The Director has stated on Twitter that they are working on it but completion/release date is unkown. I am not a big fan of LIve Albums myself--but the reason we should be excited is the potential of some more B-sides or unreleased live tracks, like Life Is Beautiful or one of the many other great covers they did on tour.

So we'll just continue to play the waiting game, the less you think about it the faster it comes I always say, :)

Yesterday on Jeopardy: last question: This 2008 number one song’s title was inspired by a Frida (mind going blank right now!) painting. Song is by a British group.

Like Really??? And only one person got it!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2
Yesterday on Jeopardy: last question: This 2008 number one song’s title was inspired by a Frida (mind going blank right now!) painting. Song is by a British group.

Like Really??? And only one person got it!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frida Kahlo

Awww too bad I missed it! I love Jeopardy; I've seen a couple Coldplay questions too!

• Like 1

Here in the US, I noticed that the studio version of True Love was recently taken down on Spotify (live version still up). There is a recent reddit thread about it, but no one seems to know why. Some other countries have it though.

Anyone have any theories or knowledge?

My theory is copyright issues related to Timbaland and/or Madeon...

Also apparently Always In My Head is unavailable in Canada?

Timbaland is a rapper/producer that helped create/created the beat on True Love.

Madeon is an artist/DJ who, according to Chris, helped a bit on O and True Love.

But it was with permission right?

FYI, I was very loosely and casually following this coldplay twitter worse song bracket. FWIW, the finalists were Easy To Please, A Spell A Rebel Yell, X Marks The Spot and 1.36. Eventually, A Spell A Rebel Yell was named the worse song. I think that or 1.36 wouldve had my vote (even from the whole library). What do yall think.

Here's the bracket

[MEDIA=twitter]965280264946704384[/MEDIA]

Mobile Link: https://twitter.com/fairytale_bliss/status/965280264946704384

^yeah, at least out of the 4, its the strongest IMO

but before anyone goes crazy, this was just a lighthearted poll, and something had to be last. A good way someone said it was its not the worst song, its the least liked.

that i dont know, I caught it relatively late.

Agree, not sure why In My Place was there. I wouldnt say its the best song, but closer to the best than the worst if we're placing it on a spectrum.