✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Random Coldplay thoughts...

alyssa

IMO, It could be beneficial for the band if he releases a solo album (although he already denied the possibility in recent interviews). Look at Thom Yorke. His lavish obsession with electronic music were finally brought out in the form of solo albums (and a supergroup called Atoms for Peace). And somehow (again in my opinion only) it helped Radiohead to focus more on the genre, theme, skills that they are very good at doing (look at In Rainbows and AMSP... great albums). If Chris could just release a solo album to satisfy his pop/rnb side... I'm in for that. It doesn't mean that he'll abandon the band.

• Like 5

IMO, It could be beneficial for the band if he releases a solo album (although he already denied the possibility in recent interviews). Look at Thom Yorke. His lavish obsession with electronic music were finally brought out in the form of solo albums (and a supergroup called Atoms for Peace). And somehow (again in my opinion only) it helped Radiohead to focus more on the genre, theme, skills that they are very good at doing (look at In Rainbows and AMSP... great albums). If Chris could just release a solo album to satisfy his pop/rnb side... I'm in for that. It doesn't mean that he'll abandon the band.

I'd really rather Chris didn't release a solo pop/rnb album. And I think there's no chance of that happening.

I have faith the band will refocus for their next album and come out with something unique. They are taking some much needed time and Dave Holmes said they will work to come back with something really special.

• Like 6

Just had a fun read through some of the pages of the thread where people were waiting for MX to leak. How I wish I was a fan back then...

I agree, they are so fun to read through. I have been a fan since way back when Parachutes came out when I was 18 (I assume I am probably older than you....) but didn't even know that Coldplaying.com existed until late last fall. That's what I am super excited for, is all the discussion that'll happen here once something new is released, be it the tour film or a new album someday!

• Like 3

Oh waw, i was counting the days to celebrate my joining birthday (23rd of april) but i forgot about it.

But now i can thank you all because i wouldnt be here for one year (and two days) if it wasnt for you all (even though in the beguining i felt intimidated by captain crieff because she seemed very strict, but i was wrong sorry)

Thank you

• Like 9

Oh waw, i was counting the days to celebrate my joining birthday (23rd of april) but i forgot about it.

But now i can thank you all because i wouldnt be here for one year (and two days) if it wasnt for you all (even though in the beguining i felt intimidated by captain crieff because she seemed very strict, but i was wrong sorry)

Thank you

Happy Joinday !

• Like 2

Thank you

Happy 1st anniversary! :):party::party:

• Like 2

Thank you

omg I'm so sorry you got that impression! is it because of the "captain" in my username? the funny thing is that Captain Crieff (a character in a radio sitcom) is pretty much the least intimidating person you could imagine. He's short, slightly socially awkward and doesn't have a presence when he enters a room. And those characteristics pretty much sum me up. So if anyone else feels intimidated by me, please don't! you should see me, I'm just a tiny girl who usually doesn't say much haha

and happy coldplaying anniversary!

• Like 4

Thank you

That's what Coldplay compadres are for :)

GuyChris.gif.20ccb8db80b02d136bff92c60ce76e0b.gif

Happy Joiniversary!

• Like 2

Ugh this is my first year as a superfan (was always something between casual and super before I saw them live last year). So I am finding waiting in the hiatus years really sucks and it has not even fully been 6 months yet. Help!

• Like 6

Thank you

Congrats!

• Like 1

Ugh this is my first year as a superfan (was always something between casual and super before I saw them live last year). So I am finding waiting in the hiatus years really sucks and it has not even fully been 6 months yet. Help!

I'm right there with you-I Became a huge fan right after they were announced as the Super Bowl act, as I tried to figure out what people hated about Coldplay so much. I can't wait to actually experience the whole album release process as a big fan now.

The wait sucks, but at least we have this message board and a whole lot of material on YouTube to watch!

• Like 3

Omfg, this is the last time i listen to Ghost stories in the car. Its such a bassy album, the speakers keep buzzing

Yup lol

I keep wanting to blast Magic every time it comes on, but it sounds like the speakers are about to explode.

Goddamnit Guy and Will

• Like 1