🛒 SHOP THE NEW CHRISTMAS LIGHTS COLLECTION 🛒
alyssa

Random Coldplay thoughts...

Tonight I needed to listen to Coldplay. I've been so full of pain and anger suddenly. I need resetting.

• Like 6

Tonight I needed to listen to Coldplay. I've been so full of pain and anger suddenly. I need resetting.
Yes, Coldplay heals. When i feel unispired or sad i go watch shows.
  • Like 1

Chris said in the Zane Lowe interview that the band worked with Madeon during Ghost Stories, he did a bit on Always In My Head and O.

But Chris also said he worked on a song with them that was too upbeat for GS.

Do we know anything about this song? Was it on AHFOD? Or is it still locked away?

Chris said in the Zane Lowe interview that the band worked with Madeon during Ghost Stories, he did a bit on Always In My Head and O.

But Chris also said he worked on a song with them that was too upbeat for GS.

Do we know anything about this song? Was it on AHFOD? Or is it still locked away?

I've heard about that too but seems the song hasn't resurfaced (yet). I can't recall Madeon ever being mentioned or credited in the context of AHFOD.

It has been a while that I last visited the forums.

Funny to see that it still has the Christmas theme (in the Coldplaying and Xenforo style). :p

Is it true that the vocals on the scientist are the original record from when chris came up with the song? (at this point i dont trust chris that much)

Is it true that the vocals on the scientist are the original record from when chris came up with the song? (at this point i dont trust chris that much)

Where did you hear that ?

Where did you hear that ?
On songfacts

"On the second album I was thinking there was something missing. I was in this really dark room in Liverpool, and there was a piano so old and out of tune. I really wanted to try and work out the George Harrison song 'Isn't It A Pity,' but I couldn't. Then this song came out at once. I said, 'Can you turn on the recorder?' The first time I sung it is what's out there."

But chris bullshits so much (he admited that he sometimes comes up with stories to tell the interviewers)

On songfacts

"On the second album I was thinking there was something missing. I was in this really dark room in Liverpool, and there was a piano so old and out of tune. I really wanted to try and work out the George Harrison song 'Isn't It A Pity,' but I couldn't. Then this song came out at once. I said, 'Can you turn on the recorder?' The first time I sung it is what's out there."

But chris bullshits so much (he admited that he sometimes comes up with stories to tell the interviewers)

I had forgotten about that. It's hard to believe, yeah, but at least here Jonny corroborates that version (listen from 1:13 onwards):

• Like 1

I had forgotten about that. It's hard to believe, yeah, but at least here Jonny corroborates that version (listen from 1:13 onwards):

But it does sound like a natural voice

But it does sound like a natural voice

For sure, but it also sounds amazingly good :D

She didn't know Chris? One of my friends likes Sparks and X&Y but she didn't know Chris either

Sorry, I thought I had replied. Like I said she is really bad with names, so she couldn't remember Chris' name, but when she thinks of Coldplay she mostly thinks of Chris (like most people who aren't Coldplayers)... The last few days I got her addicted to them though :joy:. I was at her house and we were listening to Coldplay from my phone all day ( I also kept giving her fun facts about each song :p ) and then she had a long trip and said she kept listening to Coldplay for the whole trip and she also started watching some interviews!

• Like 1

AE355D56-0E1A-44A3-83E0-A785A2B0CDC8.thumb.jpeg.ea868c7f58a6a5f457f8ed32248286c6.jpeg

On songfacts

that's from the biography, so if it is bullshit, the at least use the same story every time

• Like 2

Sorry, I thought I had replied. Like I said she is really bad with names, so she couldn't remember Chris' name, but when she thinks of Coldplay she mostly thinks of Chris (like most people who aren't Coldplayers)... The last few days I got her addicted to them though :joy:. I was at her house and we were listening to Coldplay from my phone all day ( I also kept giving her fun facts about each song :p ) and then she had a long trip and said she kept listening to Coldplay for the whole trip and she also started watching some interviews!

Wow that's great! I wish I could get more people into Coldplay haha

• Like 1

Is it normal the forums being so inactive?

I hadnt selected any music yet and was thinking about listening to another artist on Spotify but while I was trying to switch over to Search, all the sudden A Rush of Blood to the Head started playing. I said "Well OK then Mr Martin." :p

• Like 3

I hadnt selected any music yet and was thinking about listening to another artist on Spotify but while I was trying to switch over to Search, all the sudden A Rush of Blood to the Head started playing. I said "Well OK then Mr Martin." :p
Me too, i have tried to listen more to keane, u2, oasis, snow patrol, gotye, the fray..... but Coldplay allways come back to me. Its like a parasite.
  • Like 2

Is it normal the forums being so inactive?

Well, unfortunately yeah. I think they haven't even been so inactive the past few days, it was ok.

• Like 1

Well, unfortunately yeah. I think they haven't even been so inactive the past few days, it was ok.
I see so many people online but i know by memory the (few) ones who post
  • Like 1

I see so many people online but i know by memory the (few) ones who post

I guess it's normal that a lot more people lurk/read things than actively post :)

Am i the only one with coldplay on my english book? I had paradise on the 8th grade and now talk.

lurker here. still no new on the live album huh? I must be one of the few bands of the band who really don't mind too much about it. We already have Live 2012 for the stadium era of the band.

^ I lurked for years before the release of MX and then started posting. haha

And no news, other than IT IS happening. The Director has stated on Twitter that they are working on it but completion/release date is unkown. I am not a big fan of LIve Albums myself--but the reason we should be excited is the potential of some more B-sides or unreleased live tracks, like Life Is Beautiful or one of the many other great covers they did on tour.

So we'll just continue to play the waiting game, the less you think about it the faster it comes I always say, :)

Yesterday on Jeopardy: last question: This 2008 number one song’s title was inspired by a Frida (mind going blank right now!) painting. Song is by a British group.

Like Really??? And only one person got it!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2