✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Random Coldplay thoughts...

alyssa

So I'm not usually a fan of covers of Coldplay songs. I'd say about 95% of covers don't capture the emotion in Chris' voice.

This is a really unique cover and I completely wouldn't expect it to work, but it works. I love it. If you haven't seen this, check it out.

Incredible!!!!!!!!
  • Like 1

I saw them once, this past summer in Massachusetts.

I can't even describe the feeling when the lights went down, 60,0000 xylobands turned on, "a wonderful adventure, a wonderful adventure" echoing in the background and Will started drumming the intro to AHFOD. It was all worth it just for that moment.

And then especially when Yellow kicked on and people were smoking pot near us lol, it was a magical experience.

And it was just surreal to watch them perform Clocks, Fix You, VLV- songs that have been part of me since my childhood.

I'd love to join you next time they come to Portugal haha

I went to that concert too!

• Like 2

I totally agree. @Gsilva , @Zero Theory is absolutely right on. A magical experience!

I fell in love with Coldplay at the age of 18. I know exactly where I was (in my best friend's older brother's car), what I was wearing, what my best friend's brother said to me before putting on the Parachutes CD which was just released a few months prior. He said this (and excuse the swear word but it's truth): "You've got to listen to this new British band I've been listening to, they are fucking righteous". This was my first time ever hearing Coldplay. I was mesmerized. And then the 5th song (Yellow) came on and I was totally beside myself. The most beautiful song I had ever heard, instantly became my favorite song by any band of all time, and that remains unchanged.

Anyway, the reason I typed the above info is because, despite being such a huge fan, I did not get to see them live until last August--nearly 17 years after the first time I heard them and fell in love with their amazing artistry. It wasn't intentional of course--every time they had gone on tour before I saw them last year, I had huge life events that coincided with them coming around to my area. Being in college and broke and no vehicle to get me there (ROBTTH tour), then getting married closely followed by my maid of honor losing her baby due to a horrible case of pre-eclampsia followed closely by gaining two gorgeous little sisters (my dad and step-mom adopted them from Russia) and helping them learn English and adapt to life with their new family (this all happened around the Twisted Logic tour--my sisters arrived literally a few days before Coldplay was coming close to me), and my family and best friend needed me and I wouldn't leave their side for even a minute.

Then the VLV tour and them coming to the arena really close to me happened literally days after we brought our first child home from the hospital. He had been in the hospital for 3.5 months and came home on oxygen, a sleep apnea monitor, and had many medical needs. I could not leave him for a night.

Mylo Xyloto would have been more do-able for me but the closest they came to us was 6 hours away and we were in the middle of moving. Our closing date on our new house was only 2 days after the concert date we were looking at. With that on the horizon and two young kiddos, it just wasn't do-able.

Soooooooooo.......that brings us to the AHFOD tour. My husband bought me tickets for my birthday, which was 8 months prior to seeing them. I literally leaped out of bed every morning for those 8 months because it was one day closer to seeing my beloved band. Every time I ran last summer, Coldplay was blasting in my ear (literally listened to nothing else). Needless to say, once the day finally came it felt like a dream and when that opening "a wonderful adventure, a wonderful adventure" came on, I literally started bawling. Then after they did AHFOD and Yellow came on, I started bawling even harder! Literally the best moment of my entire life (well, getting married and having my 3 kids is right up there, too :)). My husband had to practically hold me up I was crying so hard and by the end of the song his shirt was soaked, haha! I cried through most of the concert, I was just beside myself with emotion because I had wanted to see them for. so. long. Nearly half my life! So for about 3/4 of the concert I was watching through majorly watery puffy eyes. Luckily they were in Omaha only 2 days later and my wonderful husband was like "we have to do this" and we saw them in Omaha too. And had even better tickets for Omaha. We have been married for 12 years and we agree that those two days were two of the absolute most awesome days of our marriage together.

Point is, @Gsilva , the first time you see them it will be an absolutely unbelievably perfect experience. Be it several years like me, or if you get to see them next go-around, you will be blown away!!

PS: Sorry this is so long, I can go on and on about my love for Coldplay, as I am sure most everyone on here could easily do :)

Oh my, what a story ! So glad you could finally go, 17 years after you first heard them !

• Like 2

I just recently learned that Coldplay auctioned off most of their equipment in 2009, right after the last viva shows. Does anyone know why they did it? I get the charity part, but surely something major must have happened to warrant such a 'refresh'?

I just recently learned that Coldplay auctioned off most of their equipment in 2009, right after the last viva shows. Does anyone know why they did it? I get the charity part, but surely something major must have happened to warrant such a 'refresh'?

As I understood, it was because the decade of the 2000s was ending, and that meant Coldplay had been a band for (a little over) a decade. Hence it was called End of Decade sale.

• Like 1

So today it's been exactly 3 years since I came to Coldplaying ! And I'm really grateful to have found this wonderful, amazing, supportive community !

Year No. 3 of my existence on this forum was the best so far - during this time, I saw Coldplay six times, saw several of you while queuing in front of venues and ate pizza in Frankfurt/got lost in Hamburg/watched fireworks in Paris with one of you :blush:

To celebrate this I'm wearing a Love Button on my shirt for 24 hours, something which I've never done before ! I started at Midnight, currently on hour No.11 :joy:

Congrats, friend! You have contributed more here in three years than I could imagine!! This forum and the world are better for you being in it! I am so grateful to Coldplay for bringing you into our lives!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Just wanted to say this is a great community, and I hope Coldplaying lives on the rest of my life haha.

I should be focusing on school but I find myself refreshing this site and another basketball message board I'm on every hour.

I love your name! How’d you come up with that! What do you study? You are a great writer, I see!

I love your name! How’d you come up with that! What do you study? You are a great writer, I see!

I picked this name (after being A Guy Full of Stars) because it apparently was rumored to be the original title of X&Y. I'm not quite sure what it means, but there's a movie that came out recently called The Zero Theorem that explores the meaning of life, and the theory is that life is meaningless. I don't know really, I just found it to be a cool name. It would've been interesting if they named X&Y this instead.

I study Statistics (I know, bleh). I'd obviously like to do something much more interesting but I feel as though that will at least get my foot in the job market. My dream is to do something with sports (or obviously be a Coldplay roadie!!).

I wouldn't say I'm a great writer haha. But that would be a fun career.

EDIT: I actually don't know if there's any substance to the X&Y/Zero Theory "theory", but I read it somewhere for sure.

• Like 1

I totally agree. @Gsilva , @Zero Theory is absolutely right on. A magical experience!

I fell in love with Coldplay at the age of 18. I know exactly where I was (in my best friend's older brother's car), what I was wearing, what my best friend's brother said to me before putting on the Parachutes CD which was just released a few months prior. He said this (and excuse the swear word but it's truth): "You've got to listen to this new British band I've been listening to, they are fucking righteous". This was my first time ever hearing Coldplay. I was mesmerized. And then the 5th song (Yellow) came on and I was totally beside myself. The most beautiful song I had ever heard, instantly became my favorite song by any band of all time, and that remains unchanged.

Anyway, the reason I typed the above info is because, despite being such a huge fan, I did not get to see them live until last August--nearly 17 years after the first time I heard them and fell in love with their amazing artistry. It wasn't intentional of course--every time they had gone on tour before I saw them last year, I had huge life events that coincided with them coming around to my area. Being in college and broke and no vehicle to get me there (ROBTTH tour), then getting married closely followed by my maid of honor losing her baby due to a horrible case of pre-eclampsia followed closely by gaining two gorgeous little sisters (my dad and step-mom adopted them from Russia) and helping them learn English and adapt to life with their new family (this all happened around the Twisted Logic tour--my sisters arrived literally a few days before Coldplay was coming close to me), and my family and best friend needed me and I wouldn't leave their side for even a minute.

Then the VLV tour and them coming to the arena really close to me happened literally days after we brought our first child home from the hospital. He had been in the hospital for 3.5 months and came home on oxygen, a sleep apnea monitor, and had many medical needs. I could not leave him for a night.

Mylo Xyloto would have been more do-able for me but the closest they came to us was 6 hours away and we were in the middle of moving. Our closing date on our new house was only 2 days after the concert date we were looking at. With that on the horizon and two young kiddos, it just wasn't do-able.

Soooooooooo.......that brings us to the AHFOD tour. My husband bought me tickets for my birthday, which was 8 months prior to seeing them. I literally leaped out of bed every morning for those 8 months because it was one day closer to seeing my beloved band. Every time I ran last summer, Coldplay was blasting in my ear (literally listened to nothing else). Needless to say, once the day finally came it felt like a dream and when that opening "a wonderful adventure, a wonderful adventure" came on, I literally started bawling. Then after they did AHFOD and Yellow came on, I started bawling even harder! Literally the best moment of my entire life (well, getting married and having my 3 kids is right up there, too :)). My husband had to practically hold me up I was crying so hard and by the end of the song his shirt was soaked, haha! I cried through most of the concert, I was just beside myself with emotion because I had wanted to see them for. so. long. Nearly half my life! So for about 3/4 of the concert I was watching through majorly watery puffy eyes. Luckily they were in Omaha only 2 days later and my wonderful husband was like "we have to do this" and we saw them in Omaha too. And had even better tickets for Omaha. We have been married for 12 years and we agree that those two days were two of the absolute most awesome days of our marriage together.

Point is, @Gsilva , the first time you see them it will be an absolutely unbelievably perfect experience. Be it several years like me, or if you get to see them next go-around, you will be blown away!!

PS: Sorry this is so long, I can go on and on about my love for Coldplay, as I am sure most everyone on here could easily do :)

Love your story! I may have lived as much life as you, probably more! I have similar stories about not seeing them until 2012 and amyloid tour. I will never forget it. I had seats atop the United Center. But I am terrified of heights, so my old college roommate and I went and got upgrades to the seats just right of stage on the first level, right by the railing by the roadies and mixing booth. We were so close to Chris when he ran onto the side ramp. Then came my two concerts this era at an outdoor arena. The first was the infamous rainout! The crowd singing and dancing to A Sky Full of Stars in a pouring storm was the BEST memory, along with everyone doing the Viva chant on the way out. Pure magic, AND I got to sit next to a wonderful couple from church on the platform for the differently- abled. Then seeing them again while a Global Citizen volunteer- highlight of my life! If you can see them by volunteering to do good- do it! I agree, that @ GSilva, the universe will hold a Coldplay concert for you! When it’s meant to be, it will be life- changing. Thanks for listening, all!

• Like 7

Congrats, friend! You have contributed more here in three years than I could imagine!! This forum and the world are better for you being in it! I am so grateful to Coldplay for bringing you into our lives!

Thank you so much, that's very sweet of you !

• Like 2

Someone needs to tell Chris to wear shirts that fit him next tour.

Since MX he uses undersized t shirts

[ATTACH=full]7858[/ATTACH]

Not to sound inappropriate but... I didn't so much mind his undersized shirt for the AHFOD concerts I went to... when he lifted his arms (which was often) he showed off his midsection which I found very enjoyable, hehehe :D

• Like 1

Not to sound inappropriate but... I didn't so much mind his undersized shirt for the AHFOD concerts I went to... when he lifted his arms (which was often) he showed off his midsection which I found very enjoyable, hehehe :D
Lol thats true, besides using undersize t—shirts he lifts his arms a lot [emoji16]

Not saying there is anything wrong with his midsection, but I personally get very irritated if people wear shirts that are simply too short ... ever since I saw the first close up of the AHFOD tour I thought to myself: Can't he afford shirts that actually fit him?

• Like 3

Am i the only ine that didnt understand what Chris was saying in I ran away until reading the lyrics? But the way he pronounces the words makes the song a lot better like when he says "just a single star i sing for" his voice transmits sadness

• Like 2

Am i the only ine that didnt understand what Chris was saying in I ran away until reading the lyrics? But the way he pronounces the words makes the song a lot better like when he says "just a single star i sing for" his voice transmits sadness

Well, he definitely does not exactly sing the text written in the official lyrics for this song. And that part from "Wanna come on in, my eyes are closed...star I sing it for" is my favourite part of the vocals !

• Like 1

Well, he definitely does not exactly sing the text written in the official lyrics for this song. And that part from "Wanna come on in, my eyes are closed...star I sing it for" is my favourite part of the vocals !
Yes, his voice sounds so inocent and pure on this song
  • Like 1