✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The National

heartswarm

• Replies 799
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, I shot this by holding my camera with two fingers underneath my chin and with my arms inside my poncho. So some of it is shaky, but this should give you an idea of how amazing it was.

This was Abel, check out what happens to the mic stand at 1:05!

This is part of Vanderlyle Crybaby Geeks, performed unplugged in the middle of the crowd, getting very very soaked.

The general awesomeness that is Terrible Love (with the Dessner brothers standing in the rain in front of the stage at the end)

I've got more video footage that I'll add later on.

Here's a pic I took as I entered the venue:

5932677899_5c408b213f.jpg

The National @ Caprera by mathieu_cp, on Flickr

Amazing!! :D :D :D

oh yeah I heard about that hahahaha it was Aaron's legs i think and I hear it was hilarious
:laugh4: Do you mind telling me where you heard about it? I'm not trying to spy on anyone lol, it's just that it was a really small venue and maybe the person telling you about that was standing right next to me! There were a lot of people from the US and/or Canada there, I was kinda surprised. The band either have a VERY dedicated fanbase or the whole thing was just a coincidence.

Anyway. The gigs you were at seem like lots of fun! I love the way they interact with each other and the fans :wacky:

Also, I couldn't imagine I'd start loving a band as fast as I did the National. They are amazing :heart:

I think she was standing right next to me at the beginning of the gig! :D Then this really loud girl got in front of her I think :sick:

Jayne must really love the band, it's great she keeps touring with them! :nice:

The National have that effect on you, how could you not love them, right?? I've never met anyone who has heard them/seen them live and would NOT like them<3
Exactly :bomb: they're really charming, it's so easy to start liking their music..

Totally watching the livestream tonight! Thanks for the link :smiley:

• 4 weeks later...

I am curious, if people could have the National play one album in order in an intimate concert, which one would it be? I am torn, I would love to hear SSFDL just to hear slipping husband, 90 mile water wall, but also really want to hear Virginia EP for Tall Saint, Blank Slate and Mansion on the Hill.

I could never choose just one. That would be cruel.

The whole point is, imagine you could have a personal concert, you and maybe 50-200 friends in an intimate spot. Only thing is, they will play one album in its entirety, BUT, they will play songs from other albums. Not every song, but say 10-15 other songs from the other albums you did not choose.

Does that make it less cruel?