✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

25-Jul-08: Philadelphia - Wachovia Center - Tickets, Preview, Meetups, Review/Photos

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

here's my review:

i reached the show after 4.Before we were allowed into the show into arena like at 7 i took a photo of mine outside the arena before going in.

and then my god you know where my seats are?????in sec 116 row 12 seats 10-9 with my hubby yeah just next to the stage.And i took videos upto scientist but shit my camera's memory card was finished after that because even though there are batteries i am unable to take pics and vids furthur.:dozey:

well any way i think Chris said sorry for resheduling this date and said something like it is his fault,he fucked up,and they have to do some nose jobs.:laugh3:

And he came near us a lot of times again waved at us to cheer us,

said that we are an amazing audience.

I took a lot of videos Yes,42,chinese sleep chant ,gpasuyf,fix you,speed of sound,yellow,scientist(memory card was over and it was finished),clocks,in my place,strawberry swing,lost and some pics too.

i'll post all of them.

and yeah i am also a member of sign gang and printed some copies of signs and gave them to the people who sat in my section and the people front of me and i held the signs.i didn't looked at others,because i am so lost watching the show.

And yeah Chris said that we're very good audience and our reception of them in Philly is great.

and i also sanged along with Chris for most of the songs.

he said that our singing is great.:)

that's all.

here's my review:

i reached the show after 4.Before we were allowed into the show into arena like at 7 i took a photo of mine outside the arena before going in.

and then my god you know where my seats are?????in sec 116 row 12 seats 10-9 with my hubby yeah just next to the stage.And i took videos upto scientist but shit my camera's memory card was finished after that because even though there are batteries i am unable to take pics and vids furthur.:dozey:

well any way i think Chris said sorry for resheduling this date and said something like it is his fault,he fucked up,and they have to do some nose jobs.:laugh3:

And he came near us a lot of times again waved at us to cheer us,

said that we are an amazing audience.

I took a lot of videos Yes,42,chinese sleep chant ,gpasuyf,fix you,speed of sound,yellow,scientist(memory card was over and it was finished),clocks,in my place,strawberry swing,lost and some pics too.

i'll post all of them.

and yeah i am also a member of sign gang and printed some copies of signs and gave them to the people who sat in my section and the people front of me and i held the signs.i didn't looked at others,because i am so lost watching the show.

And yeah Chris said that we're very good audience and our reception of them in Philly is great.

and i also sanged along with Chris for most of the songs.

he said that our singing is great.:)

that's all.

very cool review pallavi :)

Ahhh yes, I remember the nose job thing. :D And he mentioned something about refunds, and before that he mentioned the .55 cent seats behind the stage, or something like that.

My videos are so embarassing, I'm screaming like a monkey and singing obnoxiously loud off-key. :embarassed:

OMG

Ok for being my first ever coldplay concert, I can't believe what I just saw. That has to be the best concert I have ever been to in my life. The band was definitily ON the whole night! Big shoutout to the sign gang becuase the band really really appreciated it, I've never seen all 4 of them bow together like that at the end of the show in any live vid I have ever seen. BTW, a security guard gave the girl next to me a copy of the setlist like 2 songs in so that was a special treat :). Politik and Green Eyes were NOT on the list, but the rest of the encores were. Too bad I didn't get to keep the list but I was too nice to ask her to let me have it. (Interesting side story, she and her girlfriend were very very hot lesbians and they were feeling each other up and dancing with each other the whole night :D, hot lesbians and Coldplay, how can you beat that :lol: hahahaha)

Anyway, I had such an amazing view, too bad I only got a little bit of Violet Hill on camera (I couldn't hold the camera up all night and enjoy the concert). I was right at the end of the left stage leg. Johnny came all the way out and ROCKED In My Place(Chris said "I think we have our first live single" at the end of the song so hopefully they will release that part if not all of the concert). They all ran past me to get the back of the arena to play an acoustic version of the scientist and death will never conquer with Will singing of course.

All I can say if they don't release a live recording of that concert or a video, they are killing themselves becuase that was an AMAZING performance. No f'ing Warning Sign tho, what gives? Its easily one of their top 5 songs and they never play it...EVER..:(:(:(:(:( .

Overall, best live performance ever and the bar is exxxxxxxxxxtremely high for next weekend in DC. I don't know how DC is supposed to live up to the kind of fans Philly has. Most people were singing their heads off. Kinda funny people stopped clapping halfway through strawberry swing tho, I tried to keep them going but no dice. Thanks to Coldplay and the sign gang for a great night!!!!!!!!

Ok for being my first ever coldplay concert, I can't believe what I just saw. That has to be the best concert I have ever been to in my life. The band was definitily ON the whole night! Big shoutout to the sign gang becuase the band really really appreciated it, I've never seen all 4 of them bow together like that at the end of the show in any live vid I have ever seen. BTW, a security guard gave the girl next to me a copy of the setlist like 2 songs in so that was a special treat :). Politik and Green Eyes were NOT on the list, but the rest of the encores were. Too bad I didn't get to keep the list but I was too nice to ask her to let me have it. (Interesting side story, she and her girlfriend were very very hot lesbians and they were feeling each other up and dancing with each other the whole night :D, hot lesbians and Coldplay, how can you beat that :lol: hahahaha)

Anyway, I had such an amazing view, too bad I only got a little bit of Violet Hill on camera (I couldn't hold the camera up all night and enjoy the concert). I was right at the end of the left stage leg. Johnny came all the way out and ROCKED In My Place(Chris said "I think we have our first live single" at the end of the song so hopefully they will release that part if not all of the concert). They all ran past me to get the back of the arena to play an acoustic version of the scientist and death will never conquer with Will singing of course.

All I can say if they don't release a live recording of that concert or a video, they are killing themselves becuase that was an AMAZING performance. No f'ing Warning Sign tho, what gives? Its easily one of their top 5 songs and they never play it...EVER..:(:(:(:(:( .

Overall, best live performance ever and the bar is exxxxxxxxxxtremely high for next weekend in DC. I don't know how DC is supposed to live up to the kind of fans Philly has. Most people were singing their heads off. Kinda funny people stopped clapping halfway through strawberry swing tho, I tried to keep them going but no dice. Thanks to Coldplay and the sign gang for a great night!!!!!!!!

cool review and thanks........and that lesbian thing is :laugh3:

Chris also gave the "rules of the encore" courtesy of Sir Paul McCartney. He also joked before Death Will Never Conquer that they were going to do something only Genesis had tried before, make the drummer the singer.

I thought Polotik was the best song of the evening. I loved the butterfly confetti! I got a ton of it!

The Coldplay Sign Gang kicked ass. We covered the whole floor. I was a bit dissapointed that not nearly as many people as I hoped held up their signs. Thanks for all of your help everyone. It was good to see you all.

I am looking forward to seeing them in DC next week.

yeah that 2nd band that came on is open for a couple of there show UG they were shit! I would rather get a root canal then listen to that crap again ug. The guy was ok. But over all it was a great show I would have loved for them to play longer but oh well still a great show

yea the opening acts were weak. cant compare to having richard ashcroft last time. Coldplay are brilliant as always

Chris also gave the "rules of the encore" courtesy of Sir Paul McCartney. He also joked before Death Will Never Conquer that they were going to do something only Genesis had tried before, make the drummer the singer.

I thought Polotik was the best song of the evening. I loved the butterfly confetti! I got a ton of it!

The Coldplay Sign Gang kicked ass. We covered the whole floor. I was a bit dissapointed that not nearly as many people as I hoped held up their signs. Thanks for all of your help everyone. It was good to see you all.

I am looking forward to seeing them in DC next week.

yea the rules of the encore bit was funny. Politik is amazing live, its good on the album but live its ten times better. and viva la vida is amazing live, such a crowd pleaser, especially at the end

Edited.

i have a very good picture of mine taken before when going into the show near to my section outside the hall!

i'll post it later because it is in my hubby's cellphone.

i'll post my videos later after uploading them to youtube.

http://s245.photobucket.com/albums/gg44/PallaviRallapalli/philadelphia%20Wachovia%20center%20Coldplay%20show/

my album from the show!

i have a very good picture of mine taken before when going into the show near to my section outside the hall!

i'll post it later because it is in my hubby's cellphone.

i'll post my videos later after uploading them to youtube.

very cool pics thanks for posting

Coldplay, Michael come to Philly

Some big names in the music biz are coming through town this week. Coldplay kicks off its national "Viva La Vida" tour in Philly at the Wachovia Center tonight, while George Michael's first U.S. tour in more than 15 years comes to the same venue on Saturday.

Also Saturday, guitarist Mark Knopfler (formerly of Dire Straits) plays the Mann Center in Philadelphia's Fairmount Park.

Coldplay is touring in support of its much-anticipated, recently released "Viva La Vida" CD. The album's lead single, "Violet Hill," was downloaded by 2 million people during the recent one-week period in which the band made the song available to fans for free before it hit store shelves.

http://www.courierpostonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080724/LIFE06/807240390/1043/ENT

------------------------------------------------------

Coldplay kicks off its national "Viva La Vida" tour in Philly at the Wachovia Center tonight

someone hasn't been paying attention :laugh3: