✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

25-Jul-08: Philadelphia - Wachovia Center - Tickets, Preview, Meetups, Review/Photos

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The opening acts were awful. The first guy wasn't that bad, would have been better acoustic, but that second band from Miami or w/e was just irritating beyond anything.

The butterfly confetti was AWESOME especially the second round in UV.

I loved being maybe one of 5 people singing Will's song, and a bunch of the other ones actually. It seemed like everyone was there to listen to Yellow and Viva La Vida.

Setlist was good, I would have loved to have seen longer songs, more drawn out like on the 03 tour. Everything is really quick paced now, its intense. There wasn't Trouble :( But they did have Green eyes! And yeah hahah that was funny with Chris smelling the beer and refusing it.

Ohh god what did they do to God Put a Smile Upon Your Face?? :(

Politik!!! Unexpected!! AMAZING!!!!

Lasers! were AWESOME!!!!!

Overall great show, its a new Coldplay, god bless the Live 2003 DVD.

absouluty AMAZING!!!! Let me tell you guys my story. I was coming from new york and took a bus from manhatten down here to philly. I got here at around 1030 and checked in. So i checked out the city got some pizza and went stalking. My dad and i got to the wachovia center at about 130 where we saw a black suv pulling in to the side of the wachovia center.Two of the bum security guards told us it wasnt coldplay but it definatly was because it was confirmed with the man at the private entrance booth.So then kinda bummed i went back to the hotel. We headed back to wachovia at around 430 with 500 USA still loves Coldplay signs in hand. We met up with ColdplayJoe, and Jasmyne and her mom. Then i went into the box office and found out that floor seats were still available. I was like HO-LY-SHIT! My dad bought two tickets at face in floor 5 row 6. Allright this is where it gets TOO GOOD TOO BE TRUE! Iwalk inside with my signs to find that there is a barrier and security guards between the bar and ood court and the seats. So i go over to the security guard. Let me remind you i am 13. And talk him into letting me go in to put out signs myself. I said i was with oxfam which i was. So i walk all the way down to the floor and security guards start moving out of my way like im a big star. I was the only person in the whole arena besidesthe workers. It was amazing. I got flyers all over the place the whole floor was covered with signs thanks to joe jasmyne her mom dave and me. It was too great. And i got the worker to let me put a sign on the catwalk that said sean oconnell loves coldplay.a big head security guy took it off. THE SHOW? KICKED ASS!!! best coldplay show of all time and you can quote me. LOVERS IN JAPAN WITH THE BUTTERFLY CONFETTI. POLITIK WAS NAILED THE CROWD WAS ELECTRIC DEFINITLY THE BEST SHOW. im uploading videos now

The opening acts were awful. The first guy wasn't that bad, would have been better acoustic, but that second band from Miami or w/e was just irritating beyond anything.

The butterfly confetti was AWESOME especially the second round in UV.

I loved being maybe one of 5 people singing Will's song, and a bunch of the other ones actually. It seemed like everyone was there to listen to Yellow and Viva La Vida.

Setlist was good, I would have loved to have seen longer songs, more drawn out like on the 03 tour. Everything is really quick paced now, its intense. There wasn't Trouble :( But they did have Green eyes! And yeah hahah that was funny with Chris smelling the beer and refusing it.

Ohh god what did they do to God Put a Smile Upon Your Face?? :(

Politik!!! Unexpected!! AMAZING!!!!

Lasers! were AWESOME!!!!!

Overall great show, its a new Coldplay, god bless the Live 2003 DVD.

It was like techno, it was weird but i liked it.

absouluty AMAZING!!!! Let me tell you guys my story. I was coming from new york and took a bus from manhatten down here to philly. I got here at around 1030 and checked in. So i checked out the city got some pizza and went stalking. My dad and i got to the wachovia center at about 130 where we saw a black suv pulling in to the side of the wachovia center.Two of the bum security guards told us it wasnt coldplay but it definatly was because it was confirmed with the man at the private entrance booth.So then kinda bummed i went back to the hotel. We headed back to wachovia at around 430 with 500 USA still loves Coldplay signs in hand. We met up with ColdplayJoe, and Jasmyne and her mom. Then i went into the box office and found out that floor seats were still available. I was like HO-LY-SHIT! My dad bought two tickets at face in floor 5 row 6. Allright this is where it gets TOO GOOD TOO BE TRUE! Iwalk inside with my signs to find that there is a barrier and security guards between the bar and ood court and the seats. So i go over to the security guard. Let me remind you i am 13. And talk him into letting me go in to put out signs myself. I said i was with oxfam which i was. So i walk all the way down to the floor and security guards start moving out of my way like im a big star. I was the only person in the whole arena besidesthe workers. It was amazing. I got flyers all over the place the whole floor was covered with signs thanks to joe jasmyne her mom dave and me. It was too great. And i got the worker to let me put a sign on the catwalk that said sean oconnell loves coldplay.a big head security guy took it off. THE SHOW? KICKED ASS!!! best coldplay show of all time and you can quote me. LOVERS IN JAPAN WITH THE BUTTERFLY CONFETTI. POLITIK WAS NAILED THE CROWD WAS ELECTRIC DEFINITLY THE BEST SHOW. im uploading videos now

the crowd was great, philly crowds are always good. Viva la Vida was amazing, with the whole crowd singing and ohhhhoohhho !

Abbrev version is it was a fantastic show. We got green eyes in encore plus politik!!!! Which as off the hook. We also got THE DUBLINERS loud and clear to end the night and I think they must have worked on it because it seemed longer. Also got ddahf as encore. For upper seats we got beautiful scientist and will singing dwnc. The confetti rocked my world as did the vids of the guys durung Yes. Oh and we did get this cool piano ending to politik! Chris seemed happy bit he didn't utilize the catwalks much tonight. He also apologized for moving the concert date.

Abbrev version is it was a fantastic show. We got green eyes in encore plus politik!!!! Which as off the hook. We also got THE DUBLINERS loud and clear to end the night and I think they must have worked on it because it seemed longer. Also got ddahf as encore. For upper seats we got beautiful scientist and will singing dwnc. The confetti rocked my world as did the vids of the guys durung Yes. Oh and we did get this cool piano ending to politik! Chris seemed happy bit he didn't utilize the catwalks much tonight. He also apologized for moving the concert date.

yea that was eric satie-gnossienne no1, veryy cool, everyone around me was like what is that.

Sorry. Didn't mean to end it so abruptly. My blackberry is messing with me. As usual they played everything from vlv except COL. We got SOS and fix you from X and Y and only yellow from parachutes. Straberry swing was cool to hear live but no one around me knew it. Freakin hate that. Learn the other songs people besides Yellow. Fix you was nice. Chris didn't even have to sing the end at all as tje crowd did. As I think of more I will add it but I'm in the car now getting car sick from typing so much.

Sorry. Didn't mean to end it so abruptly. My blackberry is messing with me. As usual they played everything from vlv except COL. We got SOS and fix you from X and Y and only yellow from parachutes. Straberry swing was cool to hear live but no one around me knew it. Freakin hate that. Learn the other songs people besides Yellow. Fix you was nice. Chris didn't even have to sing the end at all as tje crowd did. As I think of more I will add it but I'm in the car now getting car sick from typing so much.

Thanks, despite the blackberry glitches. Can't wait to hear more later :)

Oh fyi, floor seats suck unless you're up close. You can't see jack unless you stand on a chair and then you just piss eberyone off. (Sorry everuone).

I have to say after having been to the today show and being so close it was hard to top that but it really is cool to hear the new stuff live has anyone mentioned the funny "talk" video before encore.

Ha ha my husband just turned on the radio in the car and champagne supernova is playing. Made me chuckle. (We've already listened to vlv 2 times since we left the show)

yeah that 2nd band that came on is open for a couple of there show UG they were shit! I would rather get a root canal then listen to that crap again ug. The guy was ok. But over all it was a great show I would have loved for them to play longer but oh well still a great show

Oh.My.God.

That was the best experience of my entire life so far. :wideeyed: The crowd was immensely insane, and the boys were amazing!! I was iffy about hearing VLV live, because on television it didn't really seem to 'pop' like on the CD, but boy was I wrong. It was even GREATER than the CD probably. I almost cried when they came back to sing Green eyes... :nice: And Will singing Death Will Never Conquer got me almost shitting in my pants. :lol: From where I sat I couldn't catch any confetti during LIJ, but afterwards me and my friend snuck down to the floor and picked up some. :lol:

I was extremely pleased with the setlist, though I wish they performed COL. Nevertheless, great night and I enjoyed passing out those signs. :D

As this was my first concert, the bar is set high for my second one. :)

Oh fyi, floor seats suck unless you're up close. You can't see jack unless you stand on a chair and then you just piss eberyone off. (Sorry everuone).

I have to say after having been to the today show and being so close it was hard to top that but it really is cool to hear the new stuff live has anyone mentioned the funny "talk" video before encore.

Ha ha my husband just turned on the radio in the car and champagne supernova is playing. Made me chuckle. (We've already listened to vlv 2 times since we left the show)

im tall and could see everything perfect

Omg, I swear I'm not drunk but my posts sound like it. I'm jusy typing on this small keyboard. Anyone mention the funny vid before encore? They had bill o reilly talking about chris and more dancing politicians while talk played. It was entertaining.

I'm trying to think of more cool anticdotes about this show....

What did someone say the cool piano finish to politik was?

Oh, for those curious, all four guys ended the show. No one took "the runner" earlier than anyone else. Very cool anticdote from miller.

Full set (I don't think anyone posted)

Life In Technicolor

Violet Hill

Clocks

In My Place

Viva La Vida

Yes

Fix You

Strawberry Swing

--

Chinese Sleep Chant

God Put A Smile Upon Your Face

--

Speed Of Sound

Yellow

Lost!

--

The Scientist

Death Will Never Conquer

--

Talk (Remix Video Interlude)

Politik

Lovers In Japan

Death And All His Friends / The Escapist

--

Green Eyes

NEW SONG (???)

Review tomorrow...but in short...AMAZING show! And hello to the sign crew!

Dave

Haha yes, O'Reilly part was funny. xD

When Chris introduced Jonny's solo with 'Here's my best friend Jonny Buckland' or something like that I was like awwwwwwwwww. :D And of course, Chris's signature crazy ass dance moves was great.

Yeah, noone around me knew the words to Strawberry Swing. I was singing obnoxiously loud and no one was singing along! :lol:

Is the very last song at the end 'The Dubliners'?

Life In Technicolor

Violet Hill

Clocks

In My Place

Viva La Vida

Yes

Fix You

Strawberry Swing

--

Chinese Sleep Chant

--

Speed Of Sound

Yellow

Lost!

--

The Scientist

Death Will Never Conquer

--

Politik

Lovers In Japan

--

Green Eyes

NEW SONG (???)

Dave

Thanks mate ;)

Life In Technicolor

Violet Hill

Clocks

In My Place

Viva La Vida

Yes

Fix You

Strawberry Swing

--

Chinese Sleep Chant

--

Speed Of Sound

Yellow

Lost!

--

The Scientist

Death Will Never Conquer

--

Politik

Lovers In Japan

--

Green Eyes

NEW SONG (???)

Dave

gah! Politik in the encore?! :D

Played the acoustic set (Scientist and Death Will Never Conquer) in section 105, I was in 103! Acoustic The Scientist is fantastic, loved the harmonica and Will's singing in it. Yes! doesn't go over too well live though...The Dubliners is really cool, cover? Anyway its fast and folky, I like.